PDA

View Full Version : can't we all just agree that a good game is most important?

MurdahDem
05-13-2019, 08:15 PM
its a bit of a ramble since i dont have time to write a good essay . .

can we as a group try not focus on cosmetics just yet? can we get a working game first this time?
i don't hold out much hope since the game is probably made already, i mean it is dropping in October -but there are some troubling issues with this game already that we should address as a community. this feels like the bad faith that dropped with Narco Road

1. That running animation can't be real - its like the stole it from Metal Gear - it sucks
2. have you seen the shooting? can you say unsatisfying?
3. and since this is the short list - Tiered loot? who the Kcuf asked for that?

these are some of the things that should be way more important - i mean with 6 months before it drops it probably wont matter so take it with a grain of salt.

p.s. - you wanna bet the fence cutting isn't dynamic? bet it won't be unilateral.

D-from-Oxford
05-13-2019, 09:17 PM
You're right in thinking that the game is already made and nothing we say will make any difference.

They have made a game somewhat influenced by the community feedback that they like. All minor elements, nothing really insightful (IMO).

I'm looking forward to the PvE portion (not excited or hyped) regardless of any changes since Wildlands. I can't say the same for PvP, since it's sure to be practically the same, with the same limitations that have me stuck in a like-hate relationship with Ghost War.

Lucky_FatCat
05-13-2019, 09:17 PM
My biggest concern is the possible over usage/heavy reliance on the drone type enemies, using too much/over using the drones (flying, tank, etcetc) can create an artificial difficulty if they soak up a lot of bullets, instead of feeling overwhelmed it becomes a frustration. I'm hoping drones (of any kind) are mainly reserved for big moments, and then sprinkled throughout (IE: if you piss off the occupying enemy forces ala alert status, they'll start sending out drones a little more often after you).

Kean_1
05-13-2019, 10:01 PM
p.s. - you wanna bet the fence cutting isn't dynamic? bet it won't be unilateral.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the footage. I'll wager there might be an action button will highlight on the screen once near a particular spot along the fence you can breach (similar to spots where you can climb, doors that can be kicked/opened, items can be interacted with, etc.).

I hope I'm wrong but that was my first thought. I guess it will depend on how restrictive and spread out the access points will be.

Kean_1
05-13-2019, 10:22 PM
My biggest concern is the possible over usage/heavy reliance on the drone type enemies, using too much/over using the drones (flying, tank, etcetc) can create an artificial difficulty if they soak up a lot of bullets, instead of feeling overwhelmed it becomes a frustration. I'm hoping drones (of any kind) are mainly reserved for big moments, and then sprinkled throughout (IE: if you piss off the occupying enemy forces ala alert status, they'll start sending out drones a little more often after you).

Their description of enemies also has me concerned when they mention "weak points" with foes like the "Rocket Gunner" and the "Heavy". With the Rocket Gunner, his weak spot will be his backpack. With the Heavy, it's his head (once you penetrate past his helmet). Reminds me of the Division 1 & 2 boss / elite enemies and the bullet spongy, RPG damage mechanics (which I never cared for in those games). I liked the core gameplay of GRW because even the "bosses" were human and went down like any other enemy in the field. They were just harder to get to most times which is what I would expect.

Having said that, they repeatedly state that game is still a military shooter at its core and that means it's still lethal. Unarmored soldiers will die quickly and head shots are a one-shot affair unless of course they are wearing a helmet. ....although the armored drones and other autonomous devices are another story I'm sure.

TTK is a big sticking point for me in this game and a big reason I really liked GRW (the core game). It was more realistic than most other shooters (relatively speaking) in regard to its lethality. .....i.e. lack of "bullet sponginess". The introduction of robots, drones, heavily armored goons you may potentially need to pump endless rounds through to kill is not my idea of fun gameplay. I just really hope that it's not as bad as I think it's going to be.

TreFacTor
05-14-2019, 12:02 AM
Their description of enemies also has me concerned when they mention "weak points" with foes like the "Rocket Gunner" and the "Heavy". With the Rocket Gunner, his weak spot will be his backpack. With the Heavy, it's his head (once you penetrate past his helmet). Reminds me of the Division 1 & 2 boss / elite enemies and the bullet spongy, RPG damage mechanics (which I never cared for in those games). I liked the core gameplay of GRW because even the "bosses" were human and went down like any other enemy in the field. They were just harder to get to most times which is what I would expect.

Having said that, they repeatedly state that game is still a military shooter at its core and that means it's still lethal. Unarmored soldiers will die quickly and head shots are a one-shot affair unless of course they are wearing a helmet. ....although the armored drones and other autonomous devices are another story I'm sure.

TTK is a big sticking point for me in this game and a big regarunI really liked GRW (the core game). It was more realistic than most other shooters (relatively speaking) in regard to its lethality. .....i.e. lack of "bullet sponginess". The introduction of robots, drones, heavily armored goons you may potentially need to pump endless rounds through to kill is not my idea of fun gameplay. I just really hope that it's not as bad as I think it's going to be.

Because they can't program proper AI enemies I garun-damn-tee you it's the Division in a Ghost Recon skin. I promise you.

spike000001
05-14-2019, 11:22 AM
On ubis german pre-order Website the game is refered as "open world action adventure".
I miss the words "tactical" or "military". No further questions.