PDA

View Full Version : Fix the integrated/performance graphics problem

TyrianMollusk
05-12-2019, 10:42 AM
So, got Rising for my partner since we have identical systems and it runs well enough on mine. We were looking forward to a nice time playing Trials side by side, and it's now been several hours of completely frustrating and pointless troubleshooting as to why your game refuses to use the right graphics card and its other completely insane related issues, and next to no actual Trials. Thank you for that.

Whatever you are doing in your code to pick the graphics the game runs through RIP IT OUT NOW and stop breaking OUR systems for choosing the card it runs under. Seriously, we have ways to set the graphics hardware that gets used, and you went out of your way to break that, and now the game is unplayable for people.

We can do the thing where you open device manager after starting the game and disable the integrated hardware entirely. That is idiotic to have to do, but the game at least switches to using the proper hardware. Except it can't run fullscreen. If we even try to switch it to fullscreen, it changes the resolution to the screen's resolution, which is too high, and it disables all the other resolutions, so we can't change it back (what the hell?), and IT STILL DOESN'T GO FULLSCREEN. Also, disabling the integrated graphics kills the game's audio and we haven't found any way to turn that back on while the game is running. So, the closest workaround (which, again, is practically offensive to ask of us) is a real pain, has to be done every time we start and quit the game, leaves the game a crappy size, disables sound, and we can't seem to adjust video settings usefully -- and it still very noticeably doesn't run as well there as on my identical system. Just how many settings are getting ignored here? I know the game saves the music volume but doesn't actually use the setting, and seems to pick randomly whether to come up in fullscreen or not, even though I always change it to fullscreen.

That's pretty darn broken for things you shouldn't be messing with in the first place. Use the graphics hardware we assign. Don't screw around with it. Read your settings, and use those settings. No one should need to tell you things like this.

How have you left the game with such a blatant, untenable problem for this many months? It's beyond shameless.

How is this not included on the Known Issues post, when it has been specifically known by your people and communicated to your devs and support staff since the beta? We were told they were investigating the problem. Are they?

When will the game use the system-assigned graphics hardware without moronically screwing around and doing its own thing? I don't care if some idiot on your team thinks this will work someday: STOP DOING IT and respect our settings. You have too much broken in the game, and FAR too low of Q/A or integrity to be rebuilding and bypassing things that already work. You're creating new and pointless problems for your customers instead of delivering a functional product.

We've filed a support ticket to send in the msinfo and dxdiag files, since we saw that requested in previous, also apparently never followed-up-on reports. Number there is 08860007. Edit: support response is a request to upload msinfo and dxdiag files. You always get quality with Ubisoft.

Ubi-Raziel
05-14-2019, 11:29 AM
Hello, I'm sorry to hear you've been having graphics issues in-game.

We have had some reports of this issue occurring for laptop users and it is currently under investigation. I checked your support case and can see it is a laptop being used, and the information you provided has been submitted to our development team to help with the investigation.

TyrianMollusk
05-15-2019, 11:12 PM
Stop "investigating" and take out the junk that's trying to recreate a system we already have. If I set the game to run on that card, it should not just bypass the setting and do whatever it feels like.doing. You're creating problems.

Also, disabling key hardware, an annoying ongoing workaround, no sound, options not working, and a garbage, choppy frame rate that also slows the game down is an awful lot to call "having graphics issues".

We're having product doesn't work issues you've been "investigating" since the beta. Can we get a working game here? How many months?

Ubi-Raziel
05-16-2019, 02:12 PM
Stop "investigating" and take out the junk that's trying to recreate a system we already have. If I set the game to run on that card, it should not just bypass the setting and do whatever it feels like.doing. You're creating problems.

Also, disabling key hardware, an annoying ongoing workaround, no sound, options not working, and a garbage, choppy frame rate that also slows the game down is an awful lot to call "having graphics issues".

We're having product doesn't work issues you've been "investigating" since the beta. Can we get a working game here? How many months?

This is the latest communication that we have from our development team, apologies for the inconvenience.

We will continue to update the investigation with the information we provide from our players, however I don't have an estimated fix date at this time.

TyrianMollusk
05-18-2019, 04:49 AM
Selling a product that doesn't work isn't "inconvenient". You have no communication. You just say "investigating", which you also tell us is completely meaningless to you.

You've known since beta. How many months does it take to not bypass the hardware settings?

Why is this still deliberately omitted from the known issues list?

UbiMorning
05-23-2019, 08:01 PM
Hello TyrianMollusk. I completely understand this issue may be frustrating for you. The Trials Rising team are currently looking into the submitted files from players who are still experiencing this issue. Sometimes, the teams are unable to reproduce issues that other people may be experiencing, which may take some additional time for the team to look into. Thank you for sharing your ticket number. I have made a note on your ticket and have passed your DXDIAG file to the Trials team for their investigation. We will let you know once we have an update on this issue for you!

TyrianMollusk
06-19-2019, 07:45 AM
Has actually gotten worse after the last update, and your support people bailed and closed the ticket since they have nothing to offer.

One of the myriad of problems is definitely your garbage settings code just doing whatever it wants instead of what we set in the settings. If we set it to 1080@60Hz (which runs fine on the same hardware on my system), it silently switches to 30Hz and runs badly. If we set it to 720@60, then it stays at 60, but runs noticeably worse than my system. If we set it to borderless, we can't set the Hz, but it chooses garbage level behind the scenes. The game will usually come up in borderless no matter what we do, even though fullscreen @60 is the only way it's remotely playable. As annoying as the weird inability to just set and use settings is, it's not the whole issue. We've already edited the settings file by hand and gotten it to use the nvidia hardware reliably, so it still runs willfully poorly instead of what it should be doing (and does do, on my identical system). I wish it would just do what it's told and quit falling on its face from thinking it knows better than the system config. Clearly it's making some kind of mistaken assessment that's keeping it from taxing the hardware.

Crashes way more than it did before the update, too. Very annoying since the game takes forever to start and often crashes (various times all the way from initial splash screen to track loading) before even getting in a run.

It's good that you "understand" how it "may" be frustrating to buy a product only to spend many hours doing your job and still not have a working product as months pass and discounts keep dropping the price ever lower than we paid. It must be nice for a company to just "understand" without having to actually do anything for their cheated customers.