PDA

View Full Version : Breakable Stuff

Okt0g00N
05-11-2019, 08:03 PM
Strange idea, but could add a bit more depth to maps.

Rules
Would require 2 enemy slams into the X object until it breaks. Light walls, doors, fences, all defined by thickness will break in 1 hit, other heavy doors, fences, walls are defined by thickness too and would take 3 hits to be destroyed.

Objects
Barrels, Chairs, Fences, Doors, Torches, Lanterns, Poles, Chains and so on.

Damage
Damage on light breakable objects would be 25 and would knockdown the enemy, stunning them while depleting 60 stamina, the medium breakable objects would deal 40 damage and will knockdown the opponent stunning them while depleting 80 stamina, now heavy breakable objects would deal 60 damage, will knock down the enemy why also stunning them. Now for the Lanterns/Torches and fire related items, they will just deal 15 damage and 30 fire damage, but wont knock down the enemy, just a slight stun.

Special Interactions
Shugoki Guardbreak throw will break through objects no matter the size, with the enemy.
Lawbringer impale will also break through objects no matter their size,
Raider's Guardbreak and out-of-lock charge will only 1-tap medium objects, hard objects will resist,
other characters with OOL knockdowns or bashes, will only break though light objects.

Illyrian_King
05-11-2019, 08:10 PM
Yes that would be cool.

I mean we shouldn't break through walls, but stuff like barrels, chests and other wooden stuff ^^

It would definitely give a more immersive feeling by interacting with random stuff.

Okt0g00N
05-11-2019, 09:39 PM
I totally agree man, they reall should, would make the game better with all of these small things requested by the community + it will be more realistic

Illyrian_King
05-12-2019, 04:25 PM
What this game really needs these little things to make it more immersive. More interaction with the map.

I wouldn't even mind to run away like a coward and throw random stuff and my enemies ^^

It might be off-topic, but I just mention it for the "interaction with the map" part's sake ... I would love to have a small segment of minions, I can send around with QuickChat commands. It would also add strategy and would let me interact with minions. Let me be a general ;b

Let me set barricades on certain points, that minions need to break down. Let me place archers on certain points, where I believe it makes sense. This way we could make an impact on the map, instead of playing the very same modell again and again.

Okt0g00N
05-13-2019, 01:39 PM
The minion part might be a bit too much, but man this game could be much more with small things, i fear we will run into a problem major RPGs did, where they reworked, remade and did everything on existing content to improve it, yet the community is still mad, we need need quality updates

UbiInsulin
05-13-2019, 07:37 PM
This would add nice variety, but I can also see it angering people when they're not expecting it (like with ledging/environmental deaths). Is that a concern that you would share?

Vendelkin
05-13-2019, 08:12 PM
This would add nice variety, but I can also see it angering people when they're not expecting it (like with ledging/environmental deaths). Is that a concern that you would share?

As concerning the original idea i think the dmg is too high. But otherwise awesome

As response to ubinsulin. Ledging is still in the game despite complaints about it. I like situational awareness being rewarded. And honestly breakables of this sort is pretty much just a less immediate end ledge. So any problems people have with ledging would be less with breakables.

Illyrian_King
05-13-2019, 08:37 PM
As concerning the original idea i think the dmg is too high. But otherwise awesome

As response to ubinsulin. Ledging is still in the game despite complaints about it. I like situational awareness being rewarded. And honestly breakables of this sort is pretty much just a less immediate end ledge. So any problems people have with ledging would be less with breakables.

So far this really makes sense. Also people always need to blame something else for not playing good, so why keep content back for that? ^^

UbiInsulin
05-13-2019, 08:57 PM
So far this really makes sense. Also people always need to blame something else for not playing good, so why keep content back for that? ^^

Hey, I'm always down to break stuff. I just wonder if damage-dealing physics objects won't be everyone's cup of tea, much like the band Limp Bizkit isn't everyone's cup of tea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpUYjpKg9KY

Hormly
05-14-2019, 01:37 AM
I want to slam someone into a gong