PDA

View Full Version : Origin of Assasssin

AkumaGUY
08-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Okay first of all while I know AC2 will be awesome, I want the third game to revolve around how the creed began. Now this is going to sound quite exceedingly loco, but I had a dream about an old sketch or drawing of an old man on top of the hill looking down towards a village. And in between the old man and the village was a man holding his belongings and walking with his donkey towards the old man. What I want to know is how the creed began. Not the Hashashin, because I already searched that and the origin of assassins creed should predate that by a mile. Fogive me if I may sound a bit crazy. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif I'm just passionate about this game.

AkumaGUY
08-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Okay first of all while I know AC2 will be awesome, I want the third game to revolve around how the creed began. Now this is going to sound quite exceedingly loco, but I had a dream about an old sketch or drawing of an old man on top of the hill looking down towards a village. And in between the old man and the village was a man holding his belongings and walking with his donkey towards the old man. What I want to know is how the creed began. Not the Hashashin, because I already searched that and the origin of assassins creed should predate that by a mile. Fogive me if I may sound a bit crazy. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif I'm just passionate about this game.

I5eeYou
08-21-2009, 10:21 PM
That sounds like it could be an interesting cutscene, but not gameplay. It would be interesting to find out how the Creed began and all, but playing a whole game about it would seem...boring.

Personally, I'd love the third game to involve Desmond more, and his ancestors less. With the whole "bleeding" effect of his ancestors powers getting passed down to him, you could pull some pretty badass stuff around the modern day world.

Stormpen
08-21-2009, 11:51 PM
That would be interesting, I suppose. Maybe the origins of the 'Creed' could be related to how the Piece of Eden was made?

Archfahani
08-22-2009, 12:17 AM
I disagree an origin story could make for excellent story telling. Though the execution would have to be near flawless, and it makes for an excellent character leveling/growth system. But that would easily drift heavily into RPG territory and would take some of the action out of the game.

alkarnur
08-22-2009, 05:38 AM
If you can speak French, I strongly recommend the book Samarcande (http://www.amazon.fr/Samarcande-Amin-Maalouf/dp/2253051209) by Ameen Maalouf. I'm not sure if there's English translations of the book. Make a search for one.
It tells the story of one Omar Khayyam who came to know Hassan Sabbah (the founder of the Assassin's creed). It tells you how the sect was founded, how great it became and how beautifully it was destroyed. I won't tell you how it was destroyed because that would ruin the story. Just know that it was neither outside enemies nor betrayals that brought down the sect.

EDIT:
I found an English translation (http://www.flipkart.com/samarkand-amin-maalouf-russell-harris/1566562937-gsx3f19x6d).

Azugo
08-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Maybe in the third game, for a quick explanation of how the Creed began, Desmond could have a dream? Or some other members of the Creed could rescue him from Abstergo, then tell him about the origins.

Just a thought...

Danvish
08-22-2009, 09:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:
Maybe in the third game, for a quick explanation of how the Creed began, Desmond could have a dream? Or some other members of the Creed could rescue him from Abstergo, then tell him about the origins.

Just a thought... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure the assassins breaks into his room at the very begining of ACII. (the fact that Desmond is working with an Historian also enhance that). Althought I don't think they'll take him away, since Patrice is keep stressing that ACII starts where ACI finished, with Desmond going back into the Animus.

Xm3buX
08-22-2009, 10:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alkarnur:
If you can speak French, I strongly recommend the book Samarcande (http://www.amazon.fr/Samarcande-Amin-Maalouf/dp/2253051209) by Ameen Maalouf. I'm not sure if there's English translations of the book. Make a search for one.
It tells the story of one Omar Khayyam who came to know Hassan Sabbah (the founder of the Assassin's creed). It tells you how the sect was founded, how great it became and how beautifully it was destroyed. I won't tell you how it was destroyed because that would ruin the story. Just know that it was neither outside enemies nor betrayals that brought down the sect.

EDIT:
I found an English translation (http://www.flipkart.com/samarkand-amin-maalouf-russell-harris/1566562937-gsx3f19x6d). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not sure how reliable that book is, because the thing that defeated the assassins was in 1256 Hulagu Khan assembled the largest Mongol army ever known. They marched westward destroying the assassins' power base in Alamut.

alkarnur
08-22-2009, 12:09 PM
True. The book is not entirely historically accurate in some places, but the point made is that there's something that weakened them (can't tell what it is cause its a spoiler) BEFORE they were conquered by the Mongols. Kind of like the movie Apocalypto: "no civilization can be conquered from without until it is destroyed itself from within".

texas1656
08-22-2009, 12:48 PM
im not sure how a origins game would be but i dont see many other options for the third game because if they do another ancestor then what time period because u r already using a gun in ac2 if ac3 is with desmund or even a more recent ancestor it will just become a shooter

AkumaGUY
08-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Well then ubisoft should at least make a short film of how it was made because it doesn't really click to me because all of a sudden there's this brotherhood and templars fighting each other behind the curtain. And then there's AC2. I need to know the origin of the brotherhood to get a greater understanding of the assassins. There's more to it then killing templars.

EmperorxZurg
08-22-2009, 11:40 PM
that's wat I'm making right now for fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif, the origin of the creed and the capture scene of Desmond by Abstergo coinciding in one short movie

Archfahani
08-23-2009, 01:00 AM
Of course the assassins could always just steal the animus. It didn't look like it was secured that well to the floor.

Stormpen
08-23-2009, 10:19 AM
alkarnur, can u please tell me what happens in the book?

EmperorxZurg
08-23-2009, 10:25 AM
@Xm3buX: what do u mean by the mongols? the assassins were conquered many times, once even BY the crusaders and Templars themselves, the Templars had Maysaf for over a year before it was taken back and then was captured again by a different army, the Mongols might have beat the Hashashin {I don't study the Mongols} but they definitely weren't the first to