PDA

View Full Version : About new maps!

SpaceJim12
05-08-2019, 09:16 AM
I tried to play Tribute couple days ago, and after 10 minutes - connection error and another 10 minutes, I stoped this and go to Dominion.

I played with AI in Tribute next day to finnaly see this new map, added with new season. It's a really cool map! I like all Japanese maps. So it's very sad this maps will stay in the shadow of dead game modes.

So, here is my question, Ubisoft. Why you keep adding new maps to Skirmish, Elimination and Tribute, while only playable game modes is Dominion and Breach? Yes, you could say it's to make this modes popular. But, there are good amount of great new maps there, and still noone play it.

Maybe it's time to rework this maps for a Dominion needs? The Watchtower, for example. The great map with cool vertical gameplay, which collect dust inside dead modes. Same for the Market.
How about bring this maps to Dominion? I bet a lot of players will be happy to get old new maps in gamemode they actually playing.

Illyrian_King
05-08-2019, 10:54 AM
I also got mad about this.

New maps for Dominion are nice, but still Breach is much much more in need of new maps. It's now about 8 months with only this maps (2 Seasons + test phases).

SpaceJim12
05-08-2019, 11:07 AM
I also got mad about this.

New maps for Dominion are nice, but still Breach is much much more in need of new maps. It's now about 8 months with only this maps (2 Seasons + test phases).

Yes, Breach maps would be nice too. But I think it requires much more work, then small map for Dominion.
Still, as some old maps could be reworked for Dominion, I think same maps could be connected to one big map for the Breach.

Klingentaenz3r
05-08-2019, 11:42 AM
I still have yet to try the new map in tribute. :-/

Illyrian_King
05-08-2019, 11:58 AM
Yes, Breach maps would be nice too. But I think it requires much more work, then small map for Dominion.
Still, as some old maps could be reworked for Dominion, I think same maps could be connected to one big map for the Breach.

I was always a fan of taking Dominion maps and adding some environment to make them "Breach-able". It would be much easier then making new maps from scratch.

But still Breach maps are not this big ^^
1 1/2 or 2 maps ... but not more if you really compare them in Custom Matches without any stress.

SpaceJim12
05-08-2019, 12:36 PM
But still Breach maps are not this big ^^
1 1/2 or 2 maps ... but not more if you really compare them in Custom Matches without any stress.

Yep! I think 2 maps from Dominion could be a great map for the Breach. The good example is Sanctuary Bridge and Temple Garden. First and second stages of good Breach map. And king on the Garden, on top of the middle stairs!

Well, let's hope Ubisoft now working on the new big map.=)

Btw, it works on both sides. Ubi could use parts of Breach maps to add them as Dominion maps. Yes, someone could said it's reuse content, but it's a good way to reuse it.

Okita_Soji..
05-08-2019, 01:11 PM
By far Market is my favorite map. I love the mural and running on the roof tops. I played tribute for about 2 hours last night vs ai , 12 min matchmaking, and the new map nor market never came up. I didn't even get the Viking one with the spike roller. It was mostly just canyon, forest, cathedral and tower.

They could easily adapt tribute maps to dominion games. They don't need to have a giant open minion lane like most maps have. For market have the minion run across the bridge and up thru the streets. It could make killing minion not so mind less. Chasing down various small groups thru the village. That's where those minion animations would be great, but hey are gone. They could add some archers to the roof tops. Most of the maps would transfer of to dominion easily if they wanted to.

Herbstlicht
05-08-2019, 05:10 PM
They could make all deathmatch maps to dominion maps and ignore minions by adding the mid zone as another simple area. Problems solved. No more minions in mid should not be too much of a problem. And it might be pretty nice due to shorter ways, possible more fighting, less running.