PDA

View Full Version : Star Fox mission not properly announced (1.0.4)

Auld_Jack
05-05-2019, 04:02 AM
At the end of Act 2 (The Key to Everything), en route to the Posidion spire, Shaid asks, "Hey Star Fox, what's it worth..." but the usual response of "Do you take Cornerian money?" never came. The Star Fox mission did appear in the list of missions, it just wasn't announced.

This was playing as Kharl; I don't know if it does the same with a different pilot or not.

Note: after the modding tutorial, I took a detour into space to trigger the Crimson Moon announcement. That's not a typical play sequence, and it's possible that triggered this issue.

UbiMorning
05-11-2019, 10:41 PM
Hi Auld_Jack! Thanks for the report. Do you have any clips or videos from this issue? I am glad that the mission did appear for you at the very least!

Auld_Jack
05-12-2019, 04:19 PM
No video, sorry. Also, I've tried to reproduce it a number of times, without success. The sequence is going to Slippy asking about Cornerian money, just like it should.

Since it takes me about an hour to get to that point, even with expediting my way through cut-scenes and such, I think I'm done trying to reproduce it.

Auld_Jack
06-10-2019, 07:57 PM
New information:

The problem seems to be triggered by arriving at the scripted destination before the whole dialog plays out. The dialog just quits when you arrive.

I've now seen this at a number of points in Act 2, when using a fast ship (performance or rocket class) and using boost a lot to speed up the travels. It may well be that the reason I'm mainly/only seeing it in Act 2 is just that act has a lot of those dialog sequences, and with flight engines enabled I can now arrive at the destinations a lot faster than I could in Act 1.

Ubi-Baron
07-06-2019, 12:48 PM
Thank you for coming back with those extra details, Auld_Jack