PDA

View Full Version : What direction is this game going?

Freedom40OZ2
05-04-2019, 06:12 AM
Before the patch, I really enjoyed this game. I felt like it was a proper medieval combat/duel simulator in the same vein as Chivalry but a lot more advanced. Some of the characters seemed like they were cheesy over-powered, like the Shugo with it's unblockable, uninterruptible charged heavies, and of course there's a huge skill variance between players that makes fighting some people very frustrating, but overall the game was enjoyable.

Now, with the new character, it feels like they've just added another Shugo, and what's the point of this? A bunch of characters spamming unblockable, uninterruptible charged heavies? Instakill feats? It seems like it requires a lot of skill and practice to counter abilities that require no skill or practice. Does Ubisoft really want to turn this game into a slog where people just stand there trading blows and then go off to gank other people who have little or no chance to defend themselves against a bunch of unblockable heavy attacks and unavoidable CC? The Hitokiri, like the Shugo, has a lot of low-risk, high-reward abilities and they destroy what was fun and good about the game.

My suggestion, is to add more risk to some of these abilities. If an attack has the benefit of hyperarmor so that it can't be interrupted, it should carry the penalty of receiving more damage while doing it. If you're going to try and trip me, but I avoid it, then my next attack against you should trip you. If I parry an unblockable attack then my next attack should be unblockable to you. Also, why should people be able to open up with attacks that have these special properties? I can see a special property being applied to the last attack of a particular chain, but people shouldn't be able to open up with a charged, unblockable, uninterruptible, high damage attack.

Anyways, rant /off, I was having fun with this game before the patch but now I feel like I can't even play it anymore. Keep getting matched to super high rank people who I don't stand a chance against and squaring off against characters that are either new and OP or dramatically improved over the characters that I play which don't seem to have gotten any love at all.

Sweaty_Sock
05-04-2019, 06:16 AM
Well put, I'm actually putting the game down for a few weeks and may not be picking it up again at this point

XreaperX1470
05-04-2019, 06:35 AM
I'm only matched against rep 300 premade it so much fun all using raider or new char just death balling then spawn camping

rasi777125
05-04-2019, 06:40 AM
Yes Raider is verry good lightspamm lightspamm yes verry good. Bull.... Fu.. Ubisoft

SangLong524
05-04-2019, 08:25 AM
Ehem, veteran of 409 reps here. In my humble humble opinion, the game is going in a good direction.

r-Euthanasia
05-04-2019, 10:09 AM
I wonder. I was Orochi main back in 1st year, and not some scrubby zoner/light spammer, riptide strike was my main finisher. I quit toward the end of that summer because of revenge builds and connection issues. Really lame now, you just stand there, watching people feint until their teammates show up. Sometimes I'd do a top light just to do something, then they don't do anything until they get backup. Feinting is more effective than any unique thing the Orochi has, which is especially lame now that riptide strike is light garbage. Class should've had more moves it could do after deflecting than just, or instead of, a reverse thrust, especially since deflecting doesn't stop a combo. Storm rush only ever worked on noobs, and I think the new vertical takes longer than the horizontals. Even people in these forums I've seen say it's way easier to play against because of the changes. Poop. I'm sure I'll never bother with this game again.

Faithly88
05-04-2019, 10:29 AM
I wonder. I was Orochi main back in 1st year, and not some scrubby zoner/light spammer, riptide strike was my main finisher. I quit toward the end of that summer because of revenge builds and connection issues. Really lame now, you just stand there, watching people feint until their teammates show up. Sometimes I'd do a top light just to do something, then they don't do anything until they get backup. Feinting is more effective than any unique thing the Orochi has, which is especially lame now that riptide strike is light garbage. Class should've had more moves it could do after deflecting than just, or instead of, a reverse thrust, especially since deflecting doesn't stop a combo. Storm rush only ever worked on noobs, and I think the new vertical takes longer than the horizontals. Even people in these forums I've seen say it's way easier to play against because of the changes. Poop. I'm sure I'll never bother with this game again.

Playing orochi after these reworks and new hero is literally painful.... you have raider something everyone complains orochi has and made his better... the whole assassin class is ****ed.

Playing_Mantis
05-04-2019, 11:14 AM
yes, the game is simply a hyper armor trade fest now. all you can do is trade or bash to win. orochi can't attack unless they parry or deflect basically vs these characters. i just don't understand what ubi is doing here. every patch ****s the game more and more. come on guys! are you listening to us here? or if you are are you actually taking any of our advice because i don't see any of it lately.

PleaseBeGentIe
05-04-2019, 02:12 PM
the game is following its stupid community. 99% of ppl here seem they are only capable of doing 1 FCKING COMBO SPAM. for example, SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again

guard system is too hard for their brains to comprehend and so ubisofts awenser in th is situation is to give them more **** to spam instead on focusiong more on the GUARD SYSTEM.
little silly billy want to win ez ez with no much effort, and so SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again SHOVE then HIT and again

thanks ubisoft for gathering all the mental disabled ppl here BUT u should have wrote that on the game requirements, (YOU MUST BE MENTAL TO BE ABLE TO PLAY THIS GAME)
U MUST BE ABLE TO SPAM 1 SKILL FOR MORE THAN 500 TIMES IN 1 MATCH

die already ubisoft. u suck

Sweaty_Sock
05-04-2019, 02:25 PM
yes, the game is simply a hyper armor trade fest now. all you can do is trade or bash to win. orochi can't attack unless they parry or deflect basically vs these characters. i just don't understand what ubi is doing here. every patch ****s the game more and more. come on guys! are you listening to us here? or if you are are you actually taking any of our advice because i don't see any of it lately.

This... I hope they add different levels of hyperarmour (lights, heavies) and give some moves the ability to stop it outreight (i.e. riptide strike, or a nobu back light). If they don't I fear we are heading to such a dumbed down version it'll hurt