PDA

View Full Version : LB rework surprisingly pretty decent

mrmistark
05-04-2019, 02:13 AM
Firstly, Iíd like to say, Iíve been playing Lb for quite a while now. I was probably the first to complain and most malicious skeptic against the rework on paper, but after quite a bit of gameplay, I think he is actually pretty alright. His change is much better than expected. He still isnít S tier, but I donít think thatís necessarily a bad thing.

He is still not where he should be to be honest, but the amount of changes needed to get him there are way smaller than they had been. Like I had said in my comments, the rework was indeed healthier for the game, but even if the fixes went well, it would not bring him level with other characters. I think Iím general I was right, but it sure was a step in the right direction and requires a lot less work than previously thought.

My few fixes would be:
- GB needs to have better range still

- HE NEEDS STAMINA COST REDUCED AND REGEN. He can only do about 1 and a half combo mix ups with his current stamina. He would be perfect BUT he canít continue his aggressiveness at all which is really whatís putting a damper on his potential. He needs much better stamina management.

- attacks need to have better aerial damage. Currently only the UB finisher can take out 2 soldiers at a time. Thatís pretty ridiculous.

- he could use HA but ONLY give it to him on UB finisher. The problem is a simple poke can get him out of his UB and all mixups.

- lastly, he just needs one more option. Maybe a soft feint from UB finisher option for heavy/light that counts as a chain starter with HA

Knight_Raime
05-04-2019, 02:20 AM
You're like the third person today that's mentioned stamina. I actually agree with that.
I disagree on giving better GB range. GB range needs to be standardized to make things more fair in regards to mix ups.
They can just increase the tracking on his heavies to address the issue.

I don't personally believe he needs armor at all. But if they were to go that route i'd also ask to increase the heavy speed. As 800ms and above heavies are too slow to effectively trade with. All armor would realstically do for current LB is prevent him from being interrupted externally. But in an anti gank scenario throwing out raw heavies really isn't something LB should be doing anyway. Dodge into shove or parrying is how LB is meant to get out of those situations.

I am indifferent on giving him any kind of soft feint. I doubt that's going to happen with LB just because I don't honestly believe that's the direction they want to take LB. But personally speaking? I don't care either way.

mrmistark
05-04-2019, 02:37 AM
You're like the third person today that's mentioned stamina. I actually agree with that.
I disagree on giving better GB range. GB range needs to be standardized to make things more fair in regards to mix ups.
They can just increase the tracking on his heavies to address the issue.

I don't personally believe he needs armor at all. But if they were to go that route i'd also ask to increase the heavy speed. As 800ms and above heavies are too slow to effectively trade with. All armor would realstically do for current LB is prevent him from being interrupted externally. But in an anti gank scenario throwing out raw heavies really isn't something LB should be doing anyway. Dodge into shove or parrying is how LB is meant to get out of those situations.

I am indifferent on giving him any kind of soft feint. I doubt that's going to happen with LB just because I don't honestly believe that's the direction they want to take LB. But personally speaking? I don't care either way.

The first three are things I personally think need to be fixed, the others are kind of a wishlist to help him further be more viable. To be honest though, his stamina is the biggest issue that might just be what he needs. Itís like they added a whole new side to him so he could be a little more aggressive and initiate his offensive, but didnít give him the compensation to stamina he needed for it to actually work.

Knight_Raime
05-04-2019, 02:39 AM
The first three are things I personally think need to be fixed, the others are kind of a wishlist to help him further be more viable. To be honest though, his stamina is the biggest issue that might just be what he needs. It’s like they added a whole new side to him so he could be a little more aggressive and initiate his offensive, but didn’t give him the compensation to stamina he needed for it to actually work.

Yeah I was noticing that a lot yesterday when I was playing him. He can chain more smoothly now so i'm throwing more out and feinting more often. I think a bigger stamina pool would be good enough. If we increased the regen it might encourage people to spam out more. When really as LB you need to mix back and forth between chip damage and fishing for those parries.

So I guess for changes the two i'd give are bigger stamina pool and better tracking on all of his heavies.

Sweaty_Sock
05-04-2019, 04:36 AM
Seems pretty decent though... that new light does work

bannex19
05-04-2019, 05:24 AM
A bigger stam pool for sure. I still dont understand why remove shove on block? Nerfing the speed was all they had to do, which is fine.

I understand why they nerfed long arm but they should give it better tracking and more range, a move like that should catch back rollers.