PDA

View Full Version : More Breach maps when??

Illyrian_King
05-03-2019, 01:17 PM
Honstly now we didn't get new Breach maps for 2 Seasons now. Since we already got to see/play all 3 Breach maps even before release during Season 7, and the earliest date for more would be Season 11 ... it rounds up to about 11 months no new Breach map at least. Maybe even not then ...

What is this? Why would you bring out new maps for Dominon (which is populated, but already has plenty enough for now) and even dead Tribute/elimination/Skirmish??
Why do you waste your ressources on that?

Breach managed to stay alive for more then 2 Seasons now with only 3 maps at medium/high activity. Isn't this sign enough, that people actually want more?
Does it really have to die out, till nobody even tries to wait 15min for a match, till we get some?

What's the point?

Knight_Raime
05-03-2019, 01:22 PM
I believe they said they outsourced this new map. I think they had also outsourced breach maps when working on the wu-lin. But I can't remember for sure. I do know that they've outsourced map work besides this new map. That being said I agree. I wish we had more breach maps as well. I think the devs put it on the back burner due to some fundemental flaws and are currently working on hero balance and fight changes.

We do know that a stamina system overhaul, changes to feints, and something called reaction reduction are all in the works as far as game mechanics go. Who knows what else they might be working on.

Illyrian_King
05-03-2019, 01:45 PM
I believe they said they outsourced this new map. I think they had also outsourced breach maps when working on the wu-lin. But I can't remember for sure. I do know that they've outsourced map work besides this new map. That being said I agree. I wish we had more breach maps as well. I think the devs put it on the back burner due to some fundemental flaws and are currently working on hero balance and fight changes.

We do know that a stamina system overhaul, changes to feints, and something called reaction reduction are all in the works as far as game mechanics go. Who knows what else they might be working on.

This one was already leaked half a year ago together with "Harbor" and was called "Treetops", if I recall correctly.
Where do you have this information from, about this outsourced maps?

Normally I would say, that they have different team segments working on different stuff, but for this year it seems like their team is pretty bare bones, so I really can't tell ...
From all the Sakuras I see (and Vortigers last Season), it seems like the Season Pass sold pretty well + Steel Packs, eventhough I don't have numbers of course.
There is comparably not much content coming out for all the money they make (as I believe), so either they are working on something bigger (maybe E3 - hopefully), or they lack in money and it's all just illusion.

Also it's not only lack in maps with growing repetitiveness keeping people away from Breach, but also the horrific matchmaking + Leaver Penalty.

I would really like to know, how FH is doing financially.

Knight_Raime
05-03-2019, 01:49 PM
This one was already leaked half a year ago together with "Harbor" and was called "Treetops", if I recall correctly.
Where do you have this information from, about this outsourced maps?

Normally I would say, that they have different team segments working on different stuff, but for this year it seems like their team is pretty bare bones, so I really can't tell ...
From all the Sakuras I see (and Vortigers last Season), it seems like the Season Pass sold pretty well + Steel Packs, eventhough I don't have numbers of course.
There is comparably not much content coming out for all the money they make (as I believe), so either they are working on something bigger (maybe E3 - hopefully), or they lack in money and it's all just illusion.

Also it's not only lack in maps with growing repetitiveness keeping people away from Breach, but also the horrific matchmaking + Leaver Penalty.

I would really like to know, how FH is doing financially.

I believe they said on the dev stream that revealed the newest map that it was outsourced. But i'll ask where they got the info from just to be sure.

They probably outsource for time efficiency. Maybe it's a frostbite engine scenario where the coding is so wonk that it's hard for them to make changes.

Illyrian_King
05-03-2019, 02:44 PM
I believe they said on the dev stream that revealed the newest map that it was outsourced. But i'll ask where they got the info from just to be sure.

They probably outsource for time efficiency. Maybe it's a frostbite engine scenario where the coding is so wonk that it's hard for them to make changes.

If you get any information feel free to share it here. Tbh I don't know much about the different engines, but maybe.