PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Power

Mac_Man8
05-02-2019, 10:08 PM
I've returned to play Starlink since the Crimson Moon update. A very fun and full update! But one weird thing is that all my weapons seem under-powered. However if I use Slippy then my kinetic weapons are crazy powerful. But everything other weapon is low powered. I think the change for slippy happened when I was rearranging some of the mods. But I can't say for sure. Anyways prior to the update I was able to take out most baddies in a few shots using Fox but now its like playing from the start of the game, even though Fox has mastered many weapons, his ship and has no more pilot skill to learn. Note that changing difficulty level does not seem to influence the weapon power.

Has anyone else been experiencing anything similar?

Mac_Man8
05-03-2019, 01:36 PM
I just noticed this in the patch notes:

"NEW “STAR” DIFFICULTY AND ENEMY SCALING We are introducing a new difficulty level which will display stars instead of the enemy level. Enemies will be scaled according to the equipped pilot’s level."

While this may explain the damage output of the fox and the other pilots it still leave Slippy as a mystery. Further I am not sure how I feel about difficulty scaling. While it prevents the game from being a cake walk it also make upgrading less desirable.

Auld_Jack
05-03-2019, 08:42 PM
I am not sure how I feel about difficulty scaling. While it prevents the game from being a cake walk it also make upgrading less desirable.

I'm probably missing something, but I don't see why it affects upgrading. The enemies scale with pilot level, not with equipment.

Mac_Man8
05-06-2019, 04:20 PM
Hi Auld,

Whatever the case I have noticed some extreme inconsistencies with weapon damage output since the latest update. I have done some other tests and found that with some of the heat(fire) based weapons Fox seems to give damage output of 1300 -1900 but other weapons are 50-80. Note that all weapons are fully leveled up. I just think that the update is not balanced correctly in some ways. Still a fun upgrade nonetheless.

UbiMorning
05-11-2019, 10:42 PM
Hey Mac_Man8! Are you able to provide any videos of this issue? Does it happen with a specific type of weapon? I see that you mention fire based.