PDA

View Full Version : My fix for frame stuttering, hope this helps people out...

Stonie74
05-02-2019, 06:16 PM
I always had stutter in full screen mode, but I have just fixed it.

Go to your Documents/Trials Rising/SavedGames and open up the local_config in word pad or any other text editor and change the setting that says frame skipper from "true" to "false" save the file and restart your game.

It has finally fixed my full screen woes.

UbiMorning
05-11-2019, 10:25 PM
Thanks for sharing Stonie74!

KevskiVD_NL
05-21-2019, 09:05 PM
Didn't solve it for me, still have frame stuttering issues to completely 0 often.
Shouldn't expect that on my system, I can run much heavier games at 60fps steady.
I send a support ticket with a description of the problem, a link to this thread and the needed documents + local_config file.

UbiMorning
05-23-2019, 08:24 PM
Hi KevskiVD_NL! I was able to locate your support ticket. I made a few notes on your ticket. I noticed that you have 8 GB of RAM installed, but only 1.88 GB of RAM available. Please try running a memtest to ensure that your RAM is functioning correctly. Please also try disabling background applications. (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000025721/Disabling-Background-Application/)
I noticed you have multiple HDDs. What HDD do you have Trials Rising and Uplay on? Is is the same drive your OS is on?
I also noticed your GPU has not been updated in a while. Can you try a clean install of you GPU drivers? (https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faqs/000025720/Nvidia-Driver-Clean-Installation)
I also noticed you have qBittorrent, MSI Afterburner, and RivaTuner. These programs tend to cause software conflicts (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000025478/How-to-prevent-software-conflicts/). Please either disable or uninstall these programs.

Let me know if you continue to have this issue!

KevskiVD_NL
05-28-2019, 10:06 PM
Hi, thanks for your reply. I just saw the reply on the e-mail and the reply on this thread, thanks locating the support ticket.

While running games I always close other applications like internet browser, music player, photo editing etc, but haven't thought of background applications.
Especially because I can run games which I assume that are much more demanding without a lot of problems.
Try disabling background applications is a good one.

I'll do a clean install of the Nvidia drivers directly.

I have Trials Rising installed on a secondary hard drive (which only stores games and photo's). Windows and Uplay are installed on my first drive which is an SSD.
I haven't thought of qBittorrent (especially that one could cause hard drive activity), MSI Afterburner, and RivaTuner (which of course I use for measuring FPS / CPU / GPU / RAM activity).

I'll try the other suggestions this week!

/Edit 06-04:
Clean install of the Nvidia drivers didn't solve my issue.
I think the latest patch did improved the framerate for me.
It never ran so smooth! Sometimes a frame drop to 58fps.
Or with tracks with a lot of shadows like on the track Breaking Bad which is mentioned in another thread, it slows down to around 30fps.

The frame stuttering (when the game really dropped to 0-10fps) seems to be gone for me.

/Edit 6/5:
Still had the game frozen for multiple seconds, frame stuttering, than running normally afterwards on Lesson Uphill Obstacles and
Montreal Mayhem Stadium Finals.
Had to redo the Montreal Mayhem Stadium Finals because of that.

While it seems a lot better than before. Please, fix these problems! It's already in there since the closed technical beta.