PDA

View Full Version : Just noticed a possible bug...

XyZspineZyX
08-11-2003, 08:15 AM
I just noticed that the PBN is not in the list of aircraft in the "Quick Mission Builder" (either friendly OR enemy) , at least, not in my game, but it is available in the "Full Mission Builder". Is that a glitch, bug, or what? Is that normal? What gives?

Lev /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-11-2003, 08:15 AM
I just noticed that the PBN is not in the list of aircraft in the "Quick Mission Builder" (either friendly OR enemy) , at least, not in my game, but it is available in the "Full Mission Builder". Is that a glitch, bug, or what? Is that normal? What gives?

Lev /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-11-2003, 09:43 AM
You are not alone. Some time ago I noticed (and reported as a bug) that the SU-2 bomber was not visible in the Object Viewer, even though it is in the game - I shot some down once!

I think these things are just oversights. Hopefully 1C:Maddox are tidying up these little things in the patch.

IV/JG7_4Shades

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-11-2003, 10:23 AM
some other possible bugs...
(1) When the video setting is set to "Low" or "Very Low" (my computer is some kind of... too slow) some gauges don't turn a bit, especially the fuel gauge. So when I am driving a plane that the fuel tank is leaking, I don't know how much fuel is left, and soon i run out of gas, then bail out, then ... MIA again
(2) Once I was driving a Me-262, it run out of fuel. As a jet-fighter, the air speed is quite high, so I decide to slide to ground and then force landing. But within a second, my plane slow down suddenly from 490 kilometer per hour to 50 and drop like a stone then crashed!
(3) I have been trying to use rocket in an IL-2 to shoot ships (i am really sick!) and find that an RS-82 is much better than a torpedo, one rocket, one ship!
(4) Some history say that American .50 cal bullets are much powerful then .50 bullets made in any other countries, but in a Jug, its firepower is much worse then expect...

XyZspineZyX
08-11-2003, 10:51 AM
One more thing: i have never tried to have any radio failure. Is that a bug?

XyZspineZyX
08-11-2003, 09:43 PM
koniygn wrote:
- some other possible bugs...
- (1) When the video setting is set to "Low" or "Very
- Low" (my computer is some kind of... too slow) some
- gauges don't turn a bit, especially the fuel gauge.
- So when I am driving a plane that the fuel tank is
- leaking, I don't know how much fuel is left, and
- soon i run out of gas, then bail out, then ... MIA
- again
- (2) Once I was driving a Me-262, it run out of fuel.
- As a jet-fighter, the air speed is quite high, so I
- decide to slide to ground and then force landing.
- But within a second, my plane slow down suddenly
- from 490 kilometer per hour to 50 and drop like a
- stone then crashed!
- (3) I have been trying to use rocket in an IL-2 to
- shoot ships (i am really sick!) and find that an
- RS-82 is much better than a torpedo, one rocket, one
- ship!
- (4) Some history say that American .50 cal bullets
- are much powerful then .50 bullets made in any other
- countries, but in a Jug, its firepower is much worse
- then expect...

Pretty sure I heard from reliable sources that 2 and 4 on that list have been fixed. Apparently Jugs can now blow wings off FW's if you aim it right...which seems alot more consistent with the gun camera footage I've seen and the gun/cannon data I've looked over.

http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/icefire/icefire_tempest.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 01:29 AM
I don't know... from what I've heard, the Me-262 was real dangerous with even one of the two engines out. I don't know how pronounced the effect was, but it seems that's what's going on in the game.

The real big bug I notice has to do with the late-series P-47D gunsight. When it gets broken by gunfire, instead of changing the model to the "broken sight" model, it simply overlaps the "broken sight" over the "healthy sight", creating a weird messy jumble.

"Oh no, the V-1 Doodlebug is heading for our bunghole!" ---David

"...I possess the wings of faith. Though heavy on my shoulder (no measurement can prove their weight), still a burden are they not to me. I am the challenger of gravity." ---Emperor

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 06:01 AM
Lev wrote:
- I just noticed that the PBN is not in the list of
- aircraft in the "Quick Mission Builder" (either
- friendly OR enemy) , at least, not in my game, but
- it is available in the "Full Mission Builder". Is
- that a glitch, bug, or what? Is that normal? What
- gives?
-
- Lev /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
-
-

its not a bug as far as i know, for some reason float planes are not included in the Quick mission builder same with gliders. it think the QMB should have more maps like Stalingrad and Kursk

but shouldn't the PBN also have those HUGE wheels under the wing.

THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN WON WITHOUT THE CANADIANS

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 11:52 AM
I'm sure with the wheels missing they omitted it from QMB due to it being an aquatic plane.

I did find a website with some pics and it does show PBY's with wheels.

www.pby.com (http://www.pby.com)

I have the plane listed in a mission I run. Designation PBN-1. So it can be flown as an AI. It takes some lead to get it down but the drop down wing tips for water gear is very well done.

There was a program on UK terrestrial tv a short while back on the plane.. made for some good viewing.

BBloke