PDA

View Full Version : PC pc far cry 3 crash

henkare16
04-30-2019, 07:36 PM
So i recently bought the game from the Ubisoft store but like many others i've had crashes before the game even starts, thing is i've tried everything and my specs should be fine since the game worked just fine on another account, my old one before i lost my recovery codes for my 2 step verification which i also lost cause my stupid phone needed to reset literally everything, anyway, is it the other account that's interfering, personally i don't think so or is it something else?

Here are my specs btw (though i'm not sure if these are helpful in anyway)

Processor Inter(R)core(TM) i5-8250u CPU @1.60 GHz 1.80GHz
Installed RAM 6.00 GM (5.88 GB usable)
System Type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 (home) version 1803 OS build 17134.753
Nvidia geforce driver version 430.39 (latest one at the moment i post this)

and i think that's all, i don't know i'm not that good with the specif tech stuff, do ask if you want to know something more specif about my system, though like i said before my specs should be good since the game ran just fine on my old account (same computer)

NotoriousNoname
09-04-2019, 06:53 PM
1) Find the farcry3.exe from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Far Cry 3\bin\farcry3.exe"
2) Click the file name once to select it, then right click, properties, compatibility, Run compatible with Win98/Me
3) Make a shortcut to this file to start menu or desktop, because you'll need to launch the game manually (not from UPlay service)
4) Start Uplay service (it nees to be on to run the game, although it is a terrible piece of software)
5) Start the game from farcry3.exe or from the shortcut

PS. Ubisofts UPlay service is a nightmare and requires admin privileges each time it starts. This alone tells so much about "quality" :( Also the fact that FC3 has not been updated to run properly on Win10 means that I will propably not purchase any more games that require UPlay or are made by Ubisoft :(

PPS. I don't think your laptop is capable of running this game.
1) 6Gb of ram means that it isn't running at dual-channel mode becaus it has different size ram sticks (typical for prebuilt computers)
2) 6Bg for gaming is not enough. 8 is minimum and 16 is recommended
3) Laptops aren't good for gaming. Low voltage CPU's just don't usually have the power and while you didn''t mention your GPU other than it's Nvidia, it is likely underpowered for this game.
4) This game keeps on crashing even though I have the latest 1.05 version installed. This machine is running all other games w/o problems, most of them a lot newer and some heavier.

Uplay is a terrible piece of software an FC3 shows this company doesn't support its products too long, so they have little to no value, and no reason to buy them further down the road.

If companies can't deliver better support than this, it's time to stop playing games or at least pay for them.

NotoriousNoname
09-04-2019, 07:05 PM
I just unistalled the game (FC3) since it keeps crashing and is useless. Maybe there is a solution, but for an old patched game like this, it shouldn't be like this. Games should run if you payd for them.

I recommend demanding your money back. I bought this years ago so it's too late for me.

Ubisoft should just sell games through Steam and not require uplay since it doesn't work. Also if they are not interested in keeping it updated, then they really shouldn't be selling it anymore or at least warn that this game requires an old operating system to work.

SoPossesive
07-24-2020, 06:33 PM
GeForce recently made a program that connects to a server that replicates a pc. Its free but you need to upgrade for instant wait times and extended gameplay. You can just relaunch it when your 1 hr time is up. here is the link https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/download/?ncid=afm-chs-44270&ranMID=44270&ranEAID=msYS1Nvjv4c&ranSiteID=msYS1Nvjv4c-ieSgDBdyCwBDe0fkkpPt_A

PS, I got the deluxe edition for $5