PDA

View Full Version : Operation ORACLE - seriously?

frankmarras
04-30-2019, 06:22 PM
I have just read the patch notes. Ubisoft is litterally trying to make thing with the minimum effort to get maximum result. They hope to catch new players with a free weekend and just two missions on PVE.

PVP is full of bugs, lag switchers everywhere (1 out of 2 ranked game you get one or more players lag switching - I have stopped reporting them as anyway no action will be taken) and available maps are smelling older and older.

This eventís week end is getting boring and repetitive and the only positive thing is that kicks some more people into ranked during those 36 hours which at least makes less hard to find games (lately in EMEA ranked servers the average time to find a game on ps4 is from 2,30 to 4 minutes).

I am a strong fan of the game , playing since day 1 and wasted so much hours/day/weeks of my life on it and just pair of days ago was thinking probably time has come drop it in the bin... then I saw Oracle teaser which gave me ďhopeĒ , so waited two days , and what we get ? Two missions for Pve?!

Hope I am wrong , but guys seriously, if you are trying to enlarge your player base this way YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG . thereís A LOT you need to intervene on, these little biscuit will NOT stop this game to slowly die as is quickly happening

Looks like a bunch of lazy developers are sitting there and thatís quite depressing to be honest, it seems thereís more affection to the game from the veteran players base rather than from Ubisoft and itís developers.

I do really hope I will be proved that Iím wrong , as this is probably the best game I have been playing and leaving it itís going to be sad but unavoidable

MurdahDem
04-30-2019, 07:19 PM
you are a videogame RNGodsendi could have saved sooo much time copying and pasting what you wrote instead of writing reply after reply.

fastastoast
04-30-2019, 07:30 PM
yeah, seriously have some perspective. That is some of the best video game facial capture/animation I've ever seen. You think they did all that with minimum effort for just 2 pve missions? i doubt it bother, every word they have released to the press talks about the future. And about changing your ideas. Its cool, this is the teaser for the new future, dog tags off, rouge ghosts, read between the lines. Its cool as F... Even the guitar track was cool. Battle rock, lol.

frankmarras
04-30-2019, 07:30 PM
you are a videogame RNGodsendi could have saved sooo much time copying and pasting what you wrote instead of writing reply after reply.

Donít get what you mean tbh

HumanKevinJones
04-30-2019, 07:33 PM
I'm as positive a community member as there is, but I'm as disappointed as I've ever been with this game. If this was all they were going to offer us (the much needed sapper fix) they should've given it to us MONTHS ago. The fact we waited this long for one minor fix is beyond disrespectful to those of us not only still populating the lobbies but are grinding every day on stream & bringing new players into the fold.

frankmarras
04-30-2019, 07:34 PM
yeah, seriously have some perspective. That is some of the best video game facial capture/animation I've ever seen. You think they did all that with minimum effort for just 2 pve missions? i doubt it bother, every word they have released to the press talks about the future. And about changing your ideas. Its cool, this is the teaser for the new future, dog tags off, rouge ghosts, read between the lines. Its cool as F... Even the guitar track was cool. Battle rock, lol.

I totally hope iíll Be proved that Iím wrong

MurdahDem
04-30-2019, 07:38 PM
@ frankmarras my bad - see i had some typos in my excitement.So ill say it more plainly:
you are echoing my sentiments - i am going to copy and paste your post instead of typing out a reply because your post sums up how i feel about this lackluster effort they decided to call oracle

fastastoast
04-30-2019, 07:38 PM
I guess i'm looking at this as a guy that enjoys PVE. From a PVP side, this does suck, only fixing something that is broken and shouldn't of ever been implemented anyway. So conflicted that the dev team came up with sapper and that awesome trailer, weird!

MurdahDem
04-30-2019, 07:40 PM
wow this is a sad day - when TheHuman is feeling dejected - you know its bad - he always has something upbeat to say and now look - damn Ubi - ya''ll should be ashamed ya'll are getting like EA

HumanKevinJones
04-30-2019, 07:44 PM
I guess i'm looking at this as a guy that enjoys PVE. From a PVP side, this does suck, only fixing something that is broken and shouldn't of ever been implemented anyway. So conflicted that the dev team came up with sapper and that awesome trailer, weird!

I'm speaking solely about pvp. Of course I'm happy for new pve content, but after 2 hours tops I'll have beaten it & bored, so I'd have liked something in pvp to help occupy my time.

wow this is a sad day - when the Human is feeling dejected - you know its bad - damn Ubi - ya''ll are getting like EA

My entire stream today was so excited for this, I refreshed the forums & ther Ghost War twitter account every round so I could read them the patch notes the moment they dropped. When we realized there was absolutely zero new content the mood turned from anticipation to a sense of abandonment. The jaded in live chat laughed at us who were holding out hope, I guess we should've known better.

DiaREAR
04-30-2019, 07:45 PM
Kevin man the game is over TWO YEARS OLD. The fact its still being supported in any way is a positive.

I suppose they could have added some maps but bug fixes and sapper fixes were big.

fastastoast
04-30-2019, 07:45 PM
i know... please don't ruin this for me... lol.

HumanKevinJones
04-30-2019, 07:47 PM
Kevin man the game is over TWO YEARS OLD. The fact its still being supported in any way is a positive.

I suppose they could have added some maps but bug fixes and sapper fixes were big.

Maps at a minimum should've been added. That's the #1 community request at all times. I'm not disagreeing that the sapper needed fixed, but if that's ALL they were gonna do for this update, it should've been fixed within a week of realizing how broken it was, not months later under the guise of a new content update.

DiaREAR
04-30-2019, 07:51 PM
Maps at a minimum should've been added. That's the #1 community request at all times. I'm not disagreeing that the sapper needed fixed, but if that's ALL they were gonna do for this update, it should've been fixed within a week of realizing how broken it was, not months later under the guise of a new content update.

Yeah I def agree it took way too long. Sapper was killing the game fo rme so I guess Im happy about it.

Love your channel btw.

frankmarras
04-30-2019, 07:54 PM
My entire stream today was so excited for this, I refreshed the forums & ther Ghost War twitter account every round so I could read them the patch notes the moment they dropped. When we realized there was absolutely zero new content the mood turned from anticipation to a sense of abandonment. The jaded in live chat laughed at us who were holding out hope, I guess we should've known better.[/QUOTE]

Human,

As per every update my feeling was like yours , waiting and refreshing like a kid whoís waiting to open the presents under the tree on Christmas ... and then , surprise Two pve missions and goodbye... also in marketing these guys S**ks, they give you very few intel , they create a huge expectation which result in even bigger disappointment.

To whom says we should feel lucky to get a bit of attention to a 2 y old game would ask , how old is R6?

HumanKevinJones
04-30-2019, 07:58 PM
Love your channel btw.

Thanks for the views, fellow freedom fighter!

UbiInsulin
04-30-2019, 10:07 PM
I'm as positive a community member as there is, but I'm as disappointed as I've ever been with this game. If this was all they were going to offer us (the much needed sapper fix) they should've given it to us MONTHS ago. The fact we waited this long for one minor fix is beyond disrespectful to those of us not only still populating the lobbies but are grinding every day on stream & bringing new players into the fold.

Sorry to hear this, HKJ. But thank you for letting us know how you feel as a Ghost War player.

I'm hopeful that the crouch-run fix and collision issue fixes (believe this refers to building glitches) will help make PvP healthier, in addition to the Sapper changes.

MurdahDem
04-30-2019, 11:37 PM

Sorry to hear this, HKJ. But thank you for letting us know how you feel as a Ghost War player.

I'm hopeful that the crouch-run fix and collision issue fixes (believe this refers to building glitches) will help make PvP healthier, in addition to the Sapper changes.

@ubilnsulun - Did you even read what he wrote? How is what your saying helping - itís insulting - you totally blew off his pain to push your agenda. Those fixes you tout are years late -
Since we know you canít address the issues- you could have done like you do with many posts and not chimed in.
I did not find your reply helpful by repeating whatís in the 3 bullet patch notes with two of the changes being made to one class that did not need to be nerfed - do you play this game? What is the sapper supposed to do with 3 mines ? The sapper was great at stopping the rushing teams and getting campers out - now like the tech youíve handicapped him - as the data will soon show.
We need people chiming in that play the game so when they comment it doesnít sound disingenuous as does most of your comments.
- I better not get banned for speaking my mind either - I didnít insult anyone and I didnít curse , so donít threaten to ban me and take my post down.

HumanKevinJones
04-30-2019, 11:40 PM

I'm in my feelings but I guess I'll get over it. It's not that these things didn't need addressed because they did. It's the fact that none of the constant suggestions mentioned here over the last 3 months were acknowledged outside of game breaking fixes, which shouldn't have taken 3 months to address in the first place. Heres to holding out hope for big news at E3 in June.

surprise_mtfk
05-01-2019, 12:05 AM
So they only limit the mines to 3 and reduce drone health? Not safety first ability to detect mines? The fact that they waited this long to release the fix is bad, they cannot even get it right. Safety first can see mines, c4, proximity mines, traps, but why not sapper mines?

nga-chairman
05-01-2019, 12:12 AM
i mean maaaaaybe, Just maaaaybe this was a PVE focussed update and the NEXT one, Will be PVP based? im a glass half full sort of person so fingers crossed.

Or.... E3 in june they announce GW2

if either of the above happens my faith is restored.

And HKJ sums up the community well. There was real hype around this. I saw the stream and people were actually really really excited for this update. Reward us UBI... REWARD US!!!!

xxFratosxx
05-01-2019, 02:31 PM
No offense but I really didn't give my hopes up. I feel you HKJ and others who put a lot of faith into the game till the end. After I seen the downfall after Season1 and even more downfall after Special OPs 3 I can tell they focus is else where which is probably the new game. The updates to come is not going to be major changes and its not going to bring people back. Seriously think about it everyone. Why would Ubi go out they way to continue to make this game amazing when majority of the player base left some time ago? Wouldn't it be better and perhaps more revenue starting from scratch on a new GR? A new game will bring a bigger player base and put more faith in the franchise.

Wildlands can't no longer do that. If they keep updating this game we would get the same PvE missions, possibility 2 new maps, and no more modes(if so it will be a copy of Elimination). All the PvE modes is a copy from the campaign(Ghost Mode and Guerrilla Mode). This is literally a hardcore mode and a radio wave mode thats already in the game lol. If we really expect to get something to be hyped about going to have to be a new GR. We can't blame Ubi because I sure they did not run out of ideas. Those ideas just can't be implemented into this game.

We know what the server and engine is limit to by now. There can't be some major change like 8v8 a battle royale, etc.. We not going to get a brand new dlc like FarCry got with New Dawn. Narco Road and fallen Ghost was the end. Unless you guys want to stay in Bolivia forever so be it. I await they new ideas on the next GR else where hoping they have a better engine and server so they can finally do what the community request. Wildlands has reached its limit. It was a good run and hopefully it got its money worth to make the greatest GR game coming next.

a_CynicalMind
05-01-2019, 05:21 PM
If this was all they were going to offer us (the much needed sapper fix) they should've given it to us MONTHS ago. The fact we waited this long for one minor fix is beyond disrespectful to those of us not only still populating the lobbies but are grinding every day on stream & bringing new players into the fold.

Not even mentioning the fact that they completely ignored the most broken aspect of the class: the damage that each individual mine is capable of.

I mean yeah, they nerfed Sapper. Good on them. However, what will that patch note ACTUALLY change? Right now the meta is to plop 3 mines on one person to take roughly half of their HP. By reducing the number of active mines to 3, and not changing the damage model, they are actually encouraging people to dive *further* into that meta. They have given zero incentive to use the Sapper drone in any way other than the aforementioned method.

We're just so jaded at this point...as fans/players/content creators.

HumanKevinJones
05-01-2019, 08:15 PM
Not even mentioning the fact that they completely ignored the most broken aspect of the class: the damage that each individual mine is capable of.

I mean yeah, they nerfed Sapper. Good on them. However, what will that patch note ACTUALLY change? Right now the meta is to plop 3 mines on one person to take roughly half of their HP. By reducing the number of active mines to 3, and not changing the damage model, they are actually encouraging people to dive *further* into that meta. They have given zero incentive to use the Sapper drone in any way other than the aforementioned method.

We're just so jaded at this point...as fans/players/content creators.

Yeah, I'm guilty of abusing the sapper drone & this fix will not change the way I use it in the least if I'm being honest. MAYBE on defense modes since I like making super proxy mines with my C4 & won't want to lose that ability, but any other mode will be business as usual.

BULLETSPONGE360
05-01-2019, 10:34 PM
I'm with HKJ on this one. This update is a big disappointment. Why would they choose to focus resources on a couple of missions that will take 1-2 hours to complete as opposed to improving the pvp that people sink countless hours into. I mean I get that there's a big pve community but I can't imagine they are even overwhelmed by 2 missions. It's sad to see how under served the ghost recon IP has been as of late. This game could have been something great but the support was horrible. One update every 3 months could have maybe worked if they were great updates and there were hot fixes shortly after each update. Unfortunately there were too many missteps, especially with all the gimmicky classes (echelon, vanguard, sapper) and crazy drone spam. I use to play the hell out of ghost recon online/phantoms and the same thing happened, they game released with amazing potential and was supported terribly. They released new guns to buy for real money every few weeks but released new maps hardly ever (maybe one every 6 months lol). At least there wasn't bugs or broken class mechanics that remained unfixed for months in that game. It's just sad to see this kind of thing happen to my favorite video game IP. I know I'm just railing on this game but the reality is I love it (I've spent almost 1500 hours on this game) that's why it sucks so much. It just could have had so much better staying power and drawn more people in if things had been done differently. Here's to hoping that this trend with ghost recon games is broken and that we don't have to wait a decade for another game.

MurdahDem
05-02-2019, 06:55 PM
I'm with HKJ on this one. This update is a big disappointment. Why would they choose to focus resources on a couple of missions that will take 1-2 hours to complete as opposed to improving the pvp that people sink countless hours into. I mean I get that there's a big pve community but I can't imagine they are even overwhelmed by 2 missions. It's sad to see how under served the ghost recon IP has been as of late. This game could have been something great but the support was horrible. One update every 3 months could have maybe worked if they were great updates and there were hot fixes shortly after each update. Unfortunately there were too many missteps, especially with all the gimmicky classes (echelon, vanguard, sapper) and crazy drone spam. I use to play the hell out of ghost recon online/phantoms and the same thing happened, they game released with amazing potential and was supported terribly. They released new guns to buy for real money every few weeks but released new maps hardly ever (maybe one every 6 months lol). At least there wasn't bugs or broken class mechanics that remained unfixed for months in that game. It's just sad to see this kind of thing happen to my favorite video game IP. I know I'm just railing on this game but the reality is I love it (I've spent almost 1500 hours on this game) that's why it sucks so much. It just could have had so much better staying power and drawn more people in if things had been done differently. Here's to hoping that this trend with ghost recon games is broken and that we don't have to wait a decade for another game.

i think the PVE community deserves just as much maybe even a teeny bit more than we the PVP lovers do, they make up a large part of the reason why they game is still breathing because we all know its not PVP. i am as disappointed as the rest of you - and i think its only going to get worse.... did you notice this is the first update we got that did not have a PVP complement?? I used to have a 50 person task force, can't bear to see what its at now. And what's even crazier is people are still buying this game AND still buying the year 2 pass!!!

AI BLUEFOX
05-05-2019, 12:12 AM
Over on the PvE side, there were a lot of complaints about year 2 being PvP centric, the season pass only being good for PvP players etc.

I'd like to see a balance in the content delivery all the time. The PvE and PvP both getting the same attention.

fastastoast
05-05-2019, 08:14 AM
Over on the PvE side, there were a lot of complaints about year 2 being PvP centric, the season pass only being good for PvP players etc.

I'd like to see a balance in the content delivery all the time. The PvE and PvP both getting the same attention.

They have a point, although most of us were disappointed with yr2, pve really sucked. They all love the weapons and when we got Pred with M16 they had to buy a pack to get it which is crazy unfair.

Back to the OP, are you still questioning the oracle update? Hopefully your hyped now.

nga-chairman
05-06-2019, 01:36 AM
im all about PVP but if you take a step back and have a look at the forum activity, The PVE discussion has 4 times for activity then the PVP so i can understand why they show more love to them.