PDA

View Full Version : Operation Oracle - Patch Notes

Ubi-Alien
04-30-2019, 11:41 AM
https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steamcommunity/public/images/clans/25165799/f6d9dfb94051af8f7355007435fb53335c19bfb3.jpg

OPERATION ORACLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Tfme36zbg

Welcome to Operation Oracle, Ghosts.

With this free update to Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, starting on May 2, you will have access to two brand-new missions that will plunge you headfirst into a scenario that will challenge your perception of the truth.

You will be called by Bowman to extract a Skell Tech Engineer that has been arrested by Unidad. The asset has knowledge of sensitive US industrial secrets that must be protected.

There you will meet Major Cole D. Walker, a fellow Ghost Team Leader with his own agenda.

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steamcommunity/public/images/clans/25165799/291983500780d090432b049aba9fb4ef1efc932f.jpg

During Operation Oracle, you will uncover information that will redefine loyalty. Make sure you explore thoroughly, Ghosts.

What you will discover here might very well set the scene for the future.

HOW TO PLAY

If you have completed the first mission of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, Operation Oracle will be automatically equipped.

You will find the start of the operation in the province of Montuyoc, which is marked by a symbol on your TacMap.

REWARDS

Completing Operation Oracle will unlock two unique rewards to use in Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands.

Executioner CQC Finisher

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steamcommunity/public/images/clans/25165799/74dad22d768f05d7ff6a12bcc5a95eb84d63adeb.jpg

Equip Walker’s bracelet to unlock a brutal new CQC finisher.

Walker Tattoo

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steamcommunity/public/images/clans/25165799/8f8e53c14099ee2fb1738723fa13b0fba53b4269.jpg

Get Walker’s Ghost tattoo for your arm.

UBISOFT CLUB

Walker Costume

You will be able to get this reward via the Ubisoft Club at a later date. We will share more information on how to unlock the Walker Costume soon.

FREE WEEKEND

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steamcommunity/public/images/clans/25165799/cb4115644fa24e6006d2f6400b1618aeb4f53179.jpg

Invite your friends to play Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands free from May 2–5 (www.ghostrecon.com/MayFreeWeekend).

BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

PvE/General Fixes

Guerrilla Mode

We’ve been following the feedback from our community regarding Guerrilla mode at the launch of Special Operation 4. We believe several issues were contributing to the difficulty, including errors with matchmaking and launching sessions without full squads.

Our team has taken care to address those issues, which we hope will help create a more balanced experience in Guerrilla mode.

• Improved Guerrilla mode's matchmaking process, which launched sessions after a friend joined a player in Matchmaking search before four players were present.
• Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where the game would start without forming a full squad in public matchmaking.
• Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where the player would not be moved to the lobby after accepting an invitation.
• Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where the player would not win the Cosmetic Rewards if they left before the Victory Score screen.
• Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where AI teammate's customization would reset after entering a new session.
• Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where you could unequip the mission.
• Fixed an audio issue in Guerrilla mode when the Game Lost Score screen is shown.
• Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where vehicles with dead NPCs in them would not despawn at the end of a wave.
• Fixed an issue where the last NPC enemy of Guerrilla mode would despawn immediately after killing him.
• Improved replication issues present in Guerrilla mode during co-op sessions.
• Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where a Game Over can be triggered without the timer being displayed.
• Fixed an issue where some skills bonuses could be canceled by changing the difficulty during a Guerrilla mode session.
• Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where the shopkeeper's subtitles and voice over would be cut off due to the ending screen.
• Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where enemy alert levels would downgrade to Undetected / Suspicious under certain circumstances.
• Fixed an issue where all weapons and attachments bought in Guerrilla mode appeared as "New" in the main game afterward.
• Fixed an issue preventing to unlock Survivor pants and Survivor shirt cosmetic items in Ghost Mode after winning Guerrilla mode.

All Platforms

• Fixed an issue with the M110 Bullet Drop being too strong.
• Removed the requirement to complete Silent Spade and Snafu missions to unlock the Mission Master trophy.
• Fixed a localization issue where there was no spacing between Continue Campaign text for Asian localizations.
• [SILENT SPADE] Fixed an issue with Kozak where he would slide away when a user shoots him while he is giving his briefing.
• Fixed an issue with the Buchon Marcus Jensen causing him to have the wrong animation in certain cases.
• Fixed an issue where completing all Main Game missions showed only 98% completion.

PC

• Improved performance when using Nvidia Ansel with Nvidia driver 418.91.
• Fixed an issue in Ghost mode where weapons switch back to default between play sessions.
• Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where subtitles would only show for the host of a party in a co-op session.

Store + Items

• Fixed a visual issue with the ACU shirt clipping with female character costume parts.
• Fixed an issue where players would not receive their bonus XP from XP boosters.
• The Night Vision effect from Fast Panoramic NVGs, Fast Special NVGs, and High Cut Spec. NVGs no longer use the old Night Vision (Green) filter, instead of using the newer (yellow) filter.
• The AOR1 camo now uses more authentic colors/patterns.
• Fixed an issue where the Hiking backpack would clip with the Molle vest and Crossdraw vests.
• Fixed several issues present with the Gorka outfit.
• Fixed a customization issue with the Crossdraw vest clipping with female characters.
• Fixed a clipping issue with the Gunfighter Jacket and ACU shirt clipping with pants.
• Fixed an issue with the Mic Drop emote where the syringe was stuck in the character's wrist.
• Fixed an issue with the Heavy Riot Control vest not showing the patches on its shoulder pads.
• Fixed an issue on some vests where the ammunition was following the player's movements rather than the vest itself.
• Fixed an issue forbidding the player from buying Crates & Boosters in DLCs.

PvP

All Platforms

• Limited the number of simultaneous mines deployable by the Sapper's drone to 3.
• Reduced the health of Sapper’s drones to bring it more in line with the drones used by Medic and Guerrilla classes.
• Fixed an issue in Ghost War allowing an exploit (known as Crouch-run) by using emotes and Pistol-specific abilities.
• Fixed several collision issues on several PvP maps.

PC

• Improved the ping function in Ghost War where spamming the Ping input caused high ping conditions.

evan5338
04-30-2019, 11:02 PM
lol... I'm sorry, what? You return for a 3rd year, but only to start off with a patch that literally solves half of the problems. Thank god that you fixed the M110 having a BROKEN bullet drop (that the devs broke on their own), and thanks for fixing the ------- wait, that's pretty much it. You didn't fix any legacy bugs such as the locked up helicopter glitch (where when flying in classic you could sometimes fly backwards into the air uncontrollably), you didn't fix any of the vehicle spawning bugs, you didn't fix the LVOA-C Comp sight bug, you didn't fix any of the extremely broken OP guns that exist (capable of destroying any vehicle in one hit or having a distinct lack of bullet drop), you didn't fix enemies walking through solid surfaces, you didn't fix the invisible enemies or teammates in multiplayer (where you literally can not see or interact with them, but they can shoot your kill you), you didn't fix load outs being reset when entering Ghost Mode, you didn't fix various sniper rifles having clearly the wrong reload animation, you hardly fixed anything at all!

This patch is probably going to be every other patch ever made all combined, again, to come to a grand total of 100000000000000GB, so that's great. On top of this, I bet there will be more broken things than fixed things, and the new mission won't be much fun.

I know I sound pretty stuck up, but the worst thing about all of this is that we never get updates about what bugs the devs are fixing, we don't get updates when the next patches are coming, WE KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about anything! Honestly if the dev team just dropped the game, at least there would be a reason why nothing is getting fixed, but NO. We have all of these problems and we don't know IF they are going to be fixed, WHEN they are going to be fixed, or IF no one actually cares. I love this game, but why do you guys mess up patches so badly?

Is it the Community Managers failing to pass on the important bugs? Is it the devs, being lackadaisical or ignorant to what the player base wants? Is it the corporate cash grabbers barking orders and demanding unreasonable things? Is it "Ghost Recon Wildlands 2" diverting too many resources? Chances are, it's everything at the same time, but that doesn't excuse Ubisoft's ability to SEE what bugs demand priority.

To anyone reading this... how many bugs did I miss? Also, do you agree with my rant or disagree?

Again, I love this game, but at this point I'd rather the devs just drop the whole thing and not piss people like myself off even more with their terrible priorities.

KunninPlanz
04-30-2019, 11:19 PM
Still no bipods? No new weapons (apart from the knife pseduo-weapon)? Too funny. And here I was thinking Ubi would give me a reason to reinstall with their launch of Year 3 content. :p

SapperDaddy39
05-01-2019, 07:58 PM
Extremely happy to see more missions added to this brilliant game. Bugs and all it is still one of my fav games.

Was a little surprised that there was no new maps/bases added to guerrilla mode, but i guess it might come later?

Keep up the good work and keep them missions coming.

Mars388502
05-01-2019, 10:24 PM
Do we have an hour for the update?

CrockfordCK
05-02-2019, 12:06 AM
Posted by Ubi-Alien in the sub-forums.

"Tomorrow, May 2nd, we will perform a maintenance on all platforms.

The maintenance will start at 7:00 am UTC | 9:00 CEST | 3 am EDT, for a total downtime of 4 hours. The online functions of the game will not be available during this time.

During the maintenance, we will implement the Operation Oracle update."

Mars388502
05-02-2019, 12:50 AM
Thank you CrockfordCK

Snumsmumrik_07
05-02-2019, 09:52 AM
What's the update's size for PC version?

J1N4ED
05-02-2019, 10:02 AM
What's the update's size for PC version?

my steam just DLed 3.2 GB, so..

Crabbeeh
05-02-2019, 10:44 AM
Uplay version - just under 20 GB's

EscRealityTest
05-02-2019, 10:52 AM
Thanks for making a awesome game, idk but i think most people really dont appreciate the level of game design, details and mechanics that make wildlands so ****in epic. still by far one of the most graphically impressive open worlds and weather system; the only other that compares is so far is Div 2.
Keep up the good work.
ps why have you guys not made a netflix series deal telling the story about Bowmen and the ghosts yet?
pps my dream is to have First Person perspective.

Snumsmumrik_07
05-02-2019, 11:00 AM
J1N4ED, Crabbeeh - thank you.

KronWQ
05-02-2019, 11:26 AM
I think it's around 19GB

N3ngrana
05-02-2019, 09:11 PM
I wish the FAL was fixed.... =(

MR.LT
05-04-2019, 12:34 AM
Hi I want to report a Bug at the new Oracle Operation. If u have the Keycard from Daniel Rodriguez you are not able to enter his room. I don't know if this is meant to be but it would be nice to know if any defs read this.

Thank You

MichaelS1211
05-05-2019, 03:33 PM
Still no fix for the M110 suppressor

Snumsmumrik_07
05-06-2019, 07:11 PM
Still no fix for the M110 suppressor

Is it broken?

Trey_Ichabod
05-06-2019, 08:49 PM
Wow, really?!

Thanks for the update, but how about fixing some real issues? Like the broken enemy spawning system. Or the broken mission checkpoint system. Or random enemies showing up to f*** up your mission out of nowhere (Random UNIDAD patrols, I am looking at you!). Or the enemy A.I. that seems to have spider sense, and can spot you anywhere.

These issues would not have been a big deal if you could save your game whenever you want, since it's 2019, after all... If you mess up, you load your previous save and try again. Done. Problem solved. No more enemies spawning on top of your head that you have to deal with. No more replaying the last hour of your mission because some random enemy found a dead body. No more losing your vehicles that you picked for the mission because the game decided to return you to a previous checkpoint. You're free to experiment with different tactics and gameplay mechanics all you want, no frustration whatsoever.

But no, screw that! Give us a horde mode instead!

The only good thing that updates gave us was the ability to customize your A.I. squad mates' appearence. Something that should have been in the game since day 1. Oh, and the compass. Because that was desperately needed, you know...

As for all of the other things I mentioned above, not only did they not get fixed, but they seem to be getting worse with every new update. Today I was replaying the "Kill Yuri and Polito" mission, and enemy reinforcements spawned right above the hunting lodge. They didn't even drive there, they just appeared out of thin air.

What the hell, Ubisoft?!

Enemy spawning is so terrible now, not even landmines can help me. I can plant landmines all I want, they just spawn in the middle of the base, with my carefully laid minefields behind their back. It used to be my tactic, to plant mines on routes that enemy reinforcements would most likely use if I mess up and raise the alarm. But now it's pointless, because, you know... spawning.

But screw that, give us a new bracelet instead!

And a new, long, drawn out, stops-being-cool-after-five-times takedown animation that doesn't work 90% of the time. So I can sit back, relax and watch my character stab the air.

How about just giving us a short animation of your character stabbing a bad guy with a knife? OK, truth be told, we did get that. We just had to wait for an entire new DLC for yet ANOTHER thing that should have been there since day 1.

I am not expecting any of these things to be fixed, not now, not anymore. But I am ranting and hoping my rant will point out some mistakes that should be avoided at all costs in the next Tom Clancy game.

Seriously, at all costs!

GetOffTheRoof96
05-07-2019, 03:30 PM
At this point its a little ridiculous how much people have to say about this game. No this game is not perfect and I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion. So don't attack me for saying that because you are correct to voice input on problems with the game. From the random crashes as soon as you interact with a mission target (I.E. releasing a tied up HVT, or opening the door in Yuri and Polito's basement, etc.), other bugs dealing with weapons and animations, to the constant and continuous requests for customization options.

Ubisoft is known for not dropping and supporting games for a while post launch, and thank you Ubisoft for not being as (insert any and all appropriate vulgar language here) EA. However it's become kind of obvious that with this game there is a level of laziness that needs to be addressed. It's nice to see that we are in year 3 and are getting new content here and there. Nevertheless there are plenty of fixes that need to be made.

One stupid thing that the developer's continue to tease is the Bloused boots or whatever they are called "Tucked pants in boots' etc. You have NUMEROUS icons in the game in which have them and there are no problems with the animations. You just added WALKER that has these on his model, is it that hard to give players a pair of pants with the pant legs being tucked into a pair of combat boots. Make the "Insert pant name" A, B, and C. Problem solved.

Sniper rifle Bipods, an animation to add to the game to increase immersion. Customization for people is extremely important.

EVEN MORE IMPORTANT IS FIXING THE GAME'S BUGS, SO FOCUS ON THOSE FIRST

I'm droning on and don't want to piss off the players reading this. Simply put UBI just put in a little more effort into what you release. Stop teasing players. Fix the game crashes that people experience, campaign and ghost war. Give us the customization that you keep teasing. I still ubisoft as a whole I currently go bakc and forth between For Honor and R6 loving both of these games. Wildlands being on my list of Ubisoft games that I rotate in and out of. I apologize to the players that read this and find this as just another annoying generic post. I've send my peace and am ready for the coming storm if there is one.

owengriff33
05-10-2019, 09:06 PM
Hey so are we going to get the costume? Is that like still a thing? Everyone was thinking May 9th when it said "at a later date" but that date has passes? I know yall prob busy with GRB, which looks dope af, but I am still trying to beat ghost mode, and the Cole Walker Costume is like the costume we need because it has a little bit of what everyone in the community on reddit has been asking for.

Das_Hippie
06-14-2019, 05:07 PM
Same here. Tried every suggestion and nothing works. have every other file including base access card and daniel's room key but i can only access the base by starting the mission and re-acquiring the base key. Once on mission room remains inaccessible regardless of room key card. Really screwing with my OCD.

GetOffTheRoof96
06-14-2019, 07:38 PM
SUP UBISOFT
I guess you can say that I am excited for BREAKPOINT. It looks good and by golly you are adding the AI which is great. Now for a WIldlands related topic. ARE YOU OR ARE YOU NOT, going to add the Cole D. Walker costume to the game. It's the middle of June did you guys forget? Also did you forget that you were also going to add the ICONS for the original (trailer edition: Nomad, Midas, Holt, Weaver) Ghosts to the game? Seeing posts on reddit with screenshots saying you guys promised free content for the game and haven't followed through yet. I understand that BREAKPOINT is the priority now but did you guys forget about Wildlands content that you promised? I guess maybe October could be when we see the costumes and icons seeing that it is after May and everyone will be moving on to BREAKPOINT. Peace.

valke167
06-14-2019, 11:23 PM
SUP UBISOFT
I guess you can say that I am excited for BREAKPOINT. It looks good and by golly you are adding the AI which is great. Now for a WIldlands related topic. ARE YOU OR ARE YOU NOT, going to add the Cole D. Walker costume to the game. It's the middle of June did you guys forget? Also did you forget that you were also going to add the ICONS for the original (trailer edition: Nomad, Midas, Holt, Weaver) Ghosts to the game? Seeing posts on reddit with screenshots saying you guys promised free content for the game and haven't followed through yet. I understand that BREAKPOINT is the priority now but did you guys forget about Wildlands content that you promised? I guess maybe October could be when we see the costumes and icons seeing that it is after May and everyone will be moving on to BREAKPOINT. Peace.

how many years have passed and this bug is still on point? fix it already please , even restarting all missions don't help for some , just shows how carelessly you leave all the dirt under the mat , same will be with break point , prove me wrong by fixing the fing problem already!

Qiramel
06-25-2019, 12:43 AM
me too

FOX_306
07-10-2019, 06:18 AM
Guys can you please give us a damn update on the walker costume, please I’m really tired of looking for any kind of reply or news on the costume. We are all excited for breakpoint but I still like playing wildlands and I would love to play through the entire game using that skin. If we aren’t going to get it then let us know. If a future update is coming or there are still plans to release it then please communicate something. Believe me I’m not the only person waiting and wondering what the deal is. We need something