PDA

View Full Version : Multiple engines mapped to multiple controllers

Padser
03-29-2005, 06:49 PM
~S~ all

Thought I'd drop this one in here, as I've not found entirley satisfying answers elsewhere (perhaps because this very important aspect along with axis control of mixture is missing from the current game... oops there goes my mouth http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)

Any suggestions as to how to map multiple controls to muliple throttles without having to *** about selecting engines to adjust? I'm using a CH Yoke and Pro Pedals at the mo', and While I've seen a couple of solutions suggested in CH Fora (and very clever, too!), they don't seem quite right. How do you all do it, if at all?

Say what you line about CFS2, this was built in right from the get go.

All the best

Pads

Padser
03-29-2005, 06:49 PM
~S~ all

Thought I'd drop this one in here, as I've not found entirley satisfying answers elsewhere (perhaps because this very important aspect along with axis control of mixture is missing from the current game... oops there goes my mouth http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)

Any suggestions as to how to map multiple controls to muliple throttles without having to *** about selecting engines to adjust? I'm using a CH Yoke and Pro Pedals at the mo', and While I've seen a couple of solutions suggested in CH Fora (and very clever, too!), they don't seem quite right. How do you all do it, if at all?

Say what you line about CFS2, this was built in right from the get go.

All the best

Pads

Troll2k
03-29-2005, 11:43 PM
As far as I know the IL2 series does not support individual engine control without selecting the engine first.

The CH throttle quadrant however does a good job using smoke and mirrors.

Maybe in BoB.

Tully__
03-30-2005, 06:52 PM
You can't map the individual engines direct to axes, the game only supports a single axis for engine control.

You can use "banding" on the CH gear to map the individual engine select and keyboard throttle settings to each axis. Not ideal, but it works.

Padser
04-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Thanks for this Tully.

I thought as much - but good to get confirmation from someone who knows!

Thanks again

Pads