PDA

View Full Version : feedback on Influence system

luftm
04-29-2019, 08:23 PM
Hi,

I'd like to bring that Reddit discussion to your attention, if not already known: https://www.reddit.com/r/anno/comments/bg7xs9/end_game_needs_massive_qol_changes/

Personally, I even started running in Influence shortages when I got Engineers. I guess if the game would have been available for beta testing in full, with engineers and even investors, this issue might have been found earlier. I know that in Anno Union talks, the devs said it's intended and we should just get to investors, they'd give us plenty of influence. But game experience shows, it's not close to being enough right now, if a player would like to use trade unsions, town halls, etc. in more than singular numbers.

Ardshael
04-30-2019, 07:26 AM
I'm working my way towards investors but having a war declared on me made that difficult. Now I'm out of influence and pretty much no way to get more unless I scuttle my fleet. That would be pretty stupid to leave myself undefended. I've essentially defeated my enemy but they have no interest in a cease fire.

FormaOptima
04-30-2019, 02:42 PM
I'm working my way towards investors but having a war declared on me made that difficult. Now I'm out of influence and pretty much no way to get more unless I scuttle my fleet. That would be pretty stupid to leave myself undefended. I've essentially defeated my enemy but they have no interest in a cease fire.

Same here, game died on me. Didn't even had a war just released a lot of unedited newspapers. Don't even know what I did wrong exactly.

Guess we are left with a discussion how to fairly gain influence. Maybe gifting someone a fair amount of money should generate some influence so saving money gets rewarded a bit. This is a bottleneck. It needs to be there for immersion purposes, but it shouldn't be able to kill a sandbox game

endiendo
04-30-2019, 07:44 PM
No: giving money to other player doesn't give you influence...
So I too don't know what to do to gain influence..

Melli1971
05-01-2019, 07:32 AM
As far as I could figure it out, you need more people for more influence. On the Anno wikki I read it's only depending on population. That is a bad system in my opinion. You should be able to earn it as well. like in Anno 1404 the honor system. Where you would gain honor, when you did quests and trade and stuff. The way it is now you can't really use the influence in unions town-halls ect efficiently.

realhus
05-01-2019, 05:07 PM
I wanted to transfer paper from the new world to my main island , the transport charter takes SOO long to reach the destination, is there is other way to transport objects from new world? am i missing something

MatteoBrandy
05-01-2019, 07:08 PM
... Weg mit dem Game Killer

LG
Matteo (Schönbauer)

Darkbirt
05-02-2019, 11:18 PM
I had problems with the influence in the beginning. But you need to watch out for expanding to fast. And it is important to expand on all you're islands then you get influence on those islands. You get 100 influence for free + 10 influence for each level (level depends on population.) + 1 influence point for each investor house.
Don't go always after the big islands, small islands are cheaper. (you get some free islands space and then cost it 1 influence for 1000 acre) .
This influence system is important, just image if the AI comes with an attack of 100 ships...
It is for holding the game interesting and difficult for all players.

Warhammer5001
05-03-2019, 12:01 PM
Yup i agree, this is a game about being smart, do you want to focus purely on ships? do you want to focus entirely on economy? or expanding as much as possible? I like that you are limited into what you can focus on so it isn't just about doing everything like some powerhouse mongrel who doesn't have to worry about a thing.