PDA

View Full Version : Private Multiplayer Scoring System is a downgrade

Dossmi
04-29-2019, 08:14 AM
Hello,
some members of the Trials community, myself included, thought the new scoring system in Trials Rising was a downgrade from Trials Fusion, as it is always a 2-point difference, and a DNF does not mean anything anymore.

Moreover, faults are not displayed at all, which used to be a fun part of the game. This puzzled me the most, why remove such an interesting counter?
So finishing earlier and with fewer faults and finishing earlier with more faults gives the same result.

What was the reasoning of this new system, and are there any plans to update it that it would feel more competitive?

Thank you.

UbiSc0ttie
05-01-2019, 07:14 PM
Hey there @Dossmi!
Welcome to the forums, also thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone who feels the same as the OP?

- Scottie

DaVeTheDaVer
05-01-2019, 10:46 PM
A lot of players https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2046336-Trials-Rising-Fault-Points-Matter!-Petition

LEGION138
05-25-2019, 06:29 AM
I feel the same also. With faults not factoring into your overall score, well it just doesn't make sense, and in a way penalizes the quality players. Fusion had everything solid, what a great Trials. Hopefully Rising will be even more polished soon!

maesitschuesi
05-25-2019, 10:51 AM
Just out of curiosity, is there anyone who feels the same as the OP?

Are you kidding me?
Read this pls: https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-trials-rising-fault-points-matter

If you read your forums then you will quickly find out (over 15k people signed it already)

TY

LIONDEN1
05-25-2019, 10:11 PM
It'll all be different on or around June 3rd.

knorde
05-27-2019, 05:16 PM
It'll all be different on or around June 3rd.
How do you know that?
And do you know what will be in the update?

Thanks!

LIONDEN1
05-27-2019, 10:23 PM
They talked about it on fridays stream and said it would be June 3rd, said scoring system was changing in the update.

LIONDEN1
05-29-2019, 05:38 PM
Multiplayer
[ALL] New ranked multiplayer scoring method integrated
[ALL] UI updates for new ranked multiplayer scoring method
[ALL] Leaderboard updates for new ranked multiplayer scoring method
[ALL] Updates to match scoring in public & private multiplayer
[ALL] Fixed mismatched player names and scores in Private Multiplayer results screen
[ALL] Fixed cases that could cause players to become inactive in Party Mode
[ALL] Fixed incorrect custom track thumbnail dimensions in Private Multiplayer lobby
[ALL] Fixed extra modifiers that could be applied when applying modifiers to all tracks

SONICS_TURKEY
09-02-2019, 09:08 PM
So the system I have done works great in my opinion. What it does is base your score on Multiplayer score/games played*100+(game played/10)

You can see using the link below that it rewards playing more, but also for playing well, win win!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Lnk7ChmjHhdi-yMJPqVHncSqxTNJkgRbNzxC0IjJsJc/edit?usp=sharing

look_who_talkin
09-09-2019, 06:10 PM
Make the multiplayer more attractive to people, fusion had it right by offering an incentive, the acorns. This multiplayer doesn't grab the attention of many give us something worth playing for. The scoring is slightly better faults don't screw you over however problem is you can crash over a checkpoint faster sometimes, hit a ramp fast as possible for example. Hit the fault button it brings you down quick making the run faster. Trials is based on faults, it's missing that simplistic thing.

calculusman1084
09-12-2019, 07:00 PM
@Look, man ur sooo right. Ive written several suggestion tickets to Ubi/RL saying exactly this. With no sustainable currency system in place for acorns, many ppl feel as if premium content (track packs, bikes, etc.), are forever out of reach. Thats what eventually drove me away from Frontier. If MP, or mini tourneys like Fusion had, offered even a few acorns, ppl would likely be more inclined to play. Almost 80% (approx.) of those who played Season 1 and 2 MP, got to the highest division, and stopped playing. Just sad. Already on Ps4, ive played 17 matches since Season 3 started, and not one single match has had all positions filled:(

LIONDEN1
09-12-2019, 09:23 PM
An idea would be that after you reach 2500 which is diamond. Make next level like 5000 for some acorns. Then people would keep playing.

mrjorts
09-12-2019, 09:52 PM
The number one thing I'd like to see for multiplayer is to remove the queueing and make it so that when you join a lobby you can just play tracks infinitely and people can join in or drop out at will. Right now everytime I go to mp I search for several minutes, find 1 other person, and we still have to sit through a 1 minute timer before it will start the match, which still makes you wait for voting, bike select, and then after 3 races you have to start the process over.

If I search and don't find anyone I'm not going to sit there requeueing for 20 minutes in case someone comes along, so I'm likely to miss anyone who is online a little bit before or after me. But if I could just join a lobby even if I was by myself, I'd happily play some random tracks while I wait to see if anyone else shows up.

There's no reason to score the mp around groups of 3 races since the the score just depends on the results of individual races anyway.