PDA

View Full Version : What if hacking SHD consoles in DZ revealed player locations?

sandpants
04-27-2019, 11:19 PM
Like a snapshot. On the map.

DogBiscuit4U
04-28-2019, 01:37 AM
What if rogue players always showed up on the map for everyone?

What if they gave you a helpful guide arrow that just pointed you towards the next unsuspecting victim then pointed at the spot in his back you needed to shoot to do optimal damage?

I'm guess there's enough skills for revealing player locations they don't need to make it easier for people to not spec into those, and making it so only rogue agents technically had access to this extreme advantage would be a point of contention immediately.

sandpants
04-28-2019, 09:08 AM

What if they gave you a helpful guide arrow that just pointed you towards the next unsuspecting victim then pointed at the spot in his back you needed to shoot to do optimal damage?

I'm guess there's enough skills for revealing player locations they don't need to make it easier for people to not spec into those, and making it so only rogue agents technically had access to this extreme advantage would be a point of contention immediately.

Everyone has access to SHD consoles.
The point of this to increase the pace in the DZ to account for the smaller player count.

SgtDmX
04-28-2019, 10:23 AM

sandpants suggestion wasn't extreme in any way, as you only get a snapshot of player locations, so that if you want to find players, you know which direction to run. It's not a wallhack, it just ups the pace a bit for those players that want to engage in PvP. It could also warn players that isn't rogue that their location have been scanned by a rogue agent, giving you time to run off and hide, if you want to avoid PvP as much as possible. Additionally it makes SHD consoles a bit more interesting.

SinisterJoint
04-28-2019, 01:51 PM
sandpants suggestion wasn't extreme in any way, as you only get a snapshot of player locations, so that if you want to find players, you know which direction to run. It's not a wallhack, it just ups the pace a bit for those players that want to engage in PvP. It could also warn players that isn't rogue that their location have been scanned by a rogue agent, giving you time to run off and hide, if you want to avoid PvP as much as possible. Additionally it makes SHD consoles a bit more interesting.

It just makes it easier for rogues. No ty

Being rogue should be hard

DogBiscuit4U
04-28-2019, 05:04 PM
Everyone has access to SHD consoles.
The point of this to increase the pace in the DZ to account for the smaller player count.

SHD consoles force players into rogue, so no, if you are not going rogue you don't have access to it.

DogBiscuit4U
04-28-2019, 05:06 PM

It is extreme, it means that only rogue players will have a new bonus ability for playing rogue and have less reason to use skills that gives player positions. In a 4 man squad, one person simply needs to find a shd console and tell his team where the nearest player is, game over for that player.

SHD consoles can be made more interesting without adding to rogue agents toolkit.

SHD consoles should show your position or the node that was hacked to everyone around you, not the other way around. You just hacked the shd network, you should be scared.

sandpants
04-28-2019, 08:32 PM
SHD consoles can be made more interesting without adding to rogue agents toolkit.

SHD consoles should show your position or the node that was hacked to everyone around you, not the other way around. You just hacked the shd network, you should be scared.

Why? Because lore/narrative?

It achieves nothing.
SHD consoles are practically useless as it is.
Punishing the person for getting 100xp and some 80 credits just because "you are a spoopy rogue who hacced the shed networg" makes less sense than giving people a snapshot of where everyone is (not real time tracking).

...and have less reason to use skills that gives player positions. In a 4 man squad, one person simply needs to find a shd console and tell his team where the nearest player is, game over for that player.
Completely hyperbolic as pulse serves a different purpose... Pulse is low range and tracks players in real time for the duration of the pulse and has currently no counter.

Also I don't understand what the defense is behind "it forces you to go Rogue". It forces you to flag up. It doesn't force you to do anything else like shoot other people or "participate in PvP".
I run off the white rogue timer 99% of the time and if I die it's to a random NPC patrol.

DogBiscuit4U
04-29-2019, 12:50 AM
Why? Because lore/narrative?

It achieves nothing.
SHD consoles are practically useless as it is.
Punishing the person for getting 100xp and some 80 credits just because "you are a spoopy rogue who hacced the shed networg" makes less sense than giving people a snapshot of where everyone is (not real time tracking).

Completely hyperbolic as pulse serves a different purpose... Pulse is low range and tracks players in real time for the duration of the pulse and has currently no counter.

Also I don't understand what the defense is behind "it forces you to go Rogue". It forces you to flag up. It doesn't force you to do anything else like shoot other people or "participate in PvP".
I run off the white rogue timer 99% of the time and if I die it's to a random NPC patrol.

Why would giving rogues a player ping for free be good for anyone but rogues? Why is that buff in any way needed except to spice up the life of the rogue player who doesn't see enough value in the shd console? What would it actually add to the game besides a better hunting mechanism for teams of rogue agents hunting farmers? You seem pretty pumped about this idea but aren't quite coming to terms with how limited its scope is in whom it serves, I'm guessing you'd benefit from it considering the exuberance.

Cowboy_of_Eld
04-30-2019, 11:15 AM
I am somewhat in between... sometimes i go rogue, sometimes i just play nice with players and do the landmarks... but all this discussions about DZ makes me think.....

It's a game for Christ sake... it's not that your life depends on it... and the DZ is a PVP area so it should suggest that people who enter it should like the idea of PVP or they should stay away because this time around (unlike D1) they actually CAN stay away from DZ without losing absolutely nothing (and personally i don't like the idea... all the magic of this game was the DZ as it was in D1... anyways that's out of topic).
To not mention the fact that dieing in DZ makes you lose.. what? some crappy gear? some DZ level that you can regain killing 2 npcs?

So from this point of view, any mean to increase the PVP activity inside the area should be welcome...

my two cents.

sandpants
04-30-2019, 06:53 PM
Why would giving rogues a player ping for free be good for anyone but rogues? Why is that buff in any way needed except to spice up the life of the rogue player who doesn't see enough value in the shd console? What would it actually add to the game besides a better hunting mechanism for teams of rogue agents hunting farmers?
Implying that SHD consoles are only for "big bad Rogues".

Again, I don't see what the fascination is behind attributing aggressive player behavior to the flagged state. You know the entire point of the white Rogue status is to effectively build it up without engaging anyone and then clear it without being caught, right?

It helps people avoid other people just as much as it helps people track others down.

You seem pretty pumped about this idea but aren't quite coming to terms with how limited its scope is in whom it serves, I'm guessing you'd benefit from it considering the exuberance.
And your entire repulsion with the idea seems to come only from the obscure cosmic injustice against people who don't want to flag up.I am not debating whether or not there is enough stuff to do in the DZ for people who don't want to flag up. I don't think there is.

I just think this is an opportunity to have another mechanic that drives action in the DZ and give another purpose to SHD consoles which do nothing except direct you to 2-3 chests and give you some coin.

DogBiscuit4U
04-30-2019, 11:11 PM
Implying that SHD consoles are only for "big bad Rogues".

Again, I don't see what the fascination is behind attributing aggressive player behavior to the flagged state. You know the entire point of the white Rogue status is to effectively build it up without engaging anyone and then clear it without being caught, right?

It helps people avoid other people just as much as it helps people track others down.

And your entire repulsion with the idea seems to come only from the obscure cosmic injustice against people who don't want to flag up.I am not debating whether or not there is enough stuff to do in the DZ for people who don't want to flag up. I don't think there is.

I just think this is an opportunity to have another mechanic that drives action in the DZ and give another purpose to SHD consoles which do nothing except direct you to 2-3 chests and give you some coin.

SHD consoles immediately flag you as rogue, so yes, shd consoles are only for rogues.... duh.

People more likely to use shd consoles are those who are not perturbed by being given a rogue flag... thus increasingly likely that player is also going to use a player location aggressively.

I welcome opportunities for other mechanics to be introduced to the DZ; albeit balanced, well thought out mechanics, not this one or at least not the way you are selling it.

UNRULY-CHILD
05-02-2019, 05:42 PM
How about you just remove the stupid consoles and go back to if you shoot someone you go rogue and turn red and are all over the map.
Manhunt is yellow just like D1. Problem solved, move along.