PDA

View Full Version : Total thoughts on patch notes, Some good QoL!

Vendelkin
04-26-2019, 09:47 PM
-Lawbringer rework sounds dissapointing

-Raider rework strikes me as too strong by the numbers.... im honestly worried, especialy because of the even more GBs with soft feints. Dodging is now near literally impossible against a raider, so RIP any assassins even more.

-Another nerf to arcade mode difficulty doesn't actually make me happy as i kinda thrive on the difficulty there... so i have mixed feelings

-"Reward Screen
Players are now able to skip the “Level up” and “Orders” completed celebration pop up at the end of matches."
Yaaaassss

-"Executions Preview
When previewing an execution in Hero Overview, you can now choose to see the execution like the victim will see it
Developer comments: We thought that it would be a nice addition to let players be able to view Executions from the point of view of the victims."
More Yaasssss

-Varied happy HUD updates

-New arcade rewards Shaweet!

-More colors for teams! awesome!

-"Shield
Maximum Shield amount is now limited to current Hero maximum health
Developer comments: We've decided to clamp a hero's shield to its maximum health to improve general consistency and to clarify shield information in the User Interface. Now, players can visually tell the amount of shield an opponent actually has."
This is actually an indirect nerf to all lower health heroes and im not really happy about it. there is no reason an assassin should recieve less potential shields from a tank team members feat or ground buff than a heavy. This is a poor choice

-"BREACH
Updated the behavior of the Guardian and the Commander when they are pushed outside of their zone. They will now:
Gain full revenge the moment they are pushed out
Use the Grenade feat with a cool down of 10 seconds
The Commander also gets Super Armor the moment he is pushed outside of his defensive zone"
Does this mean no more ledging the commander? hahah

-Potentially new punishes for warlord, warden and raider via reduced throw distance for OOS opponents

-"Shugoki
[Bug Fix] Removed the ability for “Charge of the Oni” to unbalance targets that are Out of Stamina
Developer Comment: This was an unintended relic from early prototyping of the Shugoki rework that slipped through the cracks, we did however leave the quick Stamina regeneration after using the move."
Why? I mean if they were OOS its there own dang fault, and honestly the move has very limited usefulness....

-"Tiandi
[Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the male Tiandi to have 125 Health, he now has 130 Health like the female Tiandi"
This still makes me laugh but im very happy about the fix.

-"Black Prior
[Adjustment] Increased “Tenebris Rising” Recovery to 500ms (from 300ms)
[Adjustment] Increased “Bulwark Stance” Exit animation to 400ms (was 200ms)"
Oof. Im happy about it but some might not take this too well.

Generally speaking tho Im happy and excited for this patch.

EvoX.
04-26-2019, 11:06 PM
-"Reward Screen
Players are now able to skip the “Level up” and “Orders” completed celebration pop up at the end of matches."
Yaaaassss

This took way, way too long, but I'm glad it's finally coming.

I don't like that the AI is getting nerfed yet again, wish they made their offense better if the defense is taking these hits.

Illyrian_King
04-26-2019, 11:09 PM
For me this Season is the worst of all till now. The game is on it's best state ever, but just looking at the things this Season give ... there is nothing in it for me.

Sakura: Not my cup of coffee. I don't like how nible she is with that big axe. The devs failed again in finding ways to get damage in without making all stuff fast, instead of finally giving heavy Heroes special properties against parries, so they can attack in believable speed.

Lawbringer: This thing gave me headache yesterday. I absolutely hate it and the devs really hardly could make it worse then it already is. Terrible!

Raider: He got the juice of both reworks! I am afraid of him.

Canopy Map: Why give Tribute and Elimination a new map (even if it is beautiful), when Breach is in DIRE need of more maps and hasn't got any for 2 Seasons now and maybe it will die too, because of this. Are the devs blind?
If we finally get one or some in Season 11, then it is about 11 months (including test phases), with the same 3 maps. Instead of pushing this new "flagship mode" with all ressources available, they neglected it entirely, eventhough there is huge interest.

The QoL improvments are fine, but very minor in comparison. But they are the obly good thing for me.

UbiInsulin
04-26-2019, 11:14 PM
Appreciate the write-up, Vendelkin. Thanks for letting me know what works for you and what doesn't.

rottmeister
04-26-2019, 11:21 PM
Wasn't aware of the new arcade reawards. Are these for the weekly quests or in general from playing random quests? There were supposed to be battle outfits and an ornament that you can unlock in the arcade mode, but I have yet to unlock ANYTHING besides the weekly effects.

Vendelkin
04-27-2019, 11:44 AM
Wasn't aware of the new arcade reawards. Are these for the weekly quests or in general from playing random quests? There were supposed to be battle outfits and an ornament that you can unlock in the arcade mode, but I have yet to unlock ANYTHING besides the weekly effects.

Battle outfits and ornaments have always come from rand9m quests rather than weekly, of which ive got quite a few. The patch it looked like will have the same setup. New effects from weekly, ornaments and outfits from randoms.

Knight_Raime
04-27-2019, 11:52 AM
LB sounds far more interesting for me now. My 2 bit take aways from his changes is better kit flow and less brain dead cc. I'm not a LB main by any stretch but I always found attempting to actually attack with him to feel very disjointed and clunky. The changes seem to have stream lined his offense into something that actually makes sense when looking at it. I was not a fan of how LB was mainly relegated to using his gank tools and bombs in team fights. it felt incredibly boring. Now that both of his tools can be interrupted it will hopefully discourage random usage of it and people to actually pay attention to how their team is playing.

Raider's rework is amazing. But ends up being over tuned due to the damage numbers (33 confirmed damage on stampede into a wall that leads into a psuedo mix up for up to 48 damage total.) And the fact that he has kept his dodge into GB/cgb. Have fun taking 40 damage trades with this guy. That's what most pub raiders will be doing now.

From what i've heard the black prior changes are literally just copy pasted in there for consistency sake. They aren't nerfing his exit recovery again. And this time they're actually nerfing his bash recovery. In my own opinion his neutral bash didn't need a recovery nerf. It was his chained bash that needed it. If this recovery nerf hits both then i'll learn to deal. But I won't be totally happy about it.

rottmeister
04-27-2019, 03:08 PM
Battle outfits and ornaments have always come from rand9m quests rather than weekly, of which ive got quite a few. The patch it looked like will have the same setup. New effects from weekly, ornaments and outfits from randoms.

Thanks for the answer. Guess I'm unlocky then. I've played around 30 random quests or so -
Okay so more things for arcade, not only weekly effects? That sounds nice, hopefully the drop rate is a bit higher though.

Vendelkin
04-27-2019, 06:12 PM
LB sounds far more interesting for me now. My 2 bit take aways from his changes is better kit flow and less brain dead cc. I'm not a LB main by any stretch but I always found attempting to actually attack with him to feel very disjointed and clunky. The changes seem to have stream lined his offense into something that actually makes sense when looking at it. I was not a fan of how LB was mainly relegated to using his gank tools and bombs in team fights. it felt incredibly boring. Now that both of his tools can be interrupted it will hopefully discourage random usage of it and people to actually pay attention to how their team is playing.

Raider's rework is amazing. But ends up being over tuned due to the damage numbers (33 confirmed damage on stampede into a wall that leads into a psuedo mix up for up to 48 damage total.) And the fact that he has kept his dodge into GB/cgb. Have fun taking 40 damage trades with this guy. That's what most pub raiders will be doing now.

From what i've heard the black prior changes are literally just copy pasted in there for consistency sake. They aren't nerfing his exit recovery again. And this time they're actually nerfing his bash recovery. In my own opinion his neutral bash didn't need a recovery nerf. It was his chained bash that needed it. If this recovery nerf hits both then i'll learn to deal. But I won't be totally happy about it.

I think lawbringer will be cool after the patch, and im excited to see how it all shakes out, but after law mains waited so long putting those numbers next to raider and sakura info just makes them feel put by the wayside i figure. It true hes a hybrid not a tank, and i agree we need to just wait and see, but i think most people didnt want him to go the direction they're sending him.

Knight_Raime
04-27-2019, 08:27 PM
I think lawbringer will be cool after the patch, and im excited to see how it all shakes out, but after law mains waited so long putting those numbers next to raider and sakura info just makes them feel put by the wayside i figure. It true hes a hybrid not a tank, and i agree we need to just wait and see, but i think most people didnt want him to go the direction they're sending him.

Perhaps. No one wanted Warden to double down on his shoulder bash with his rework. Yet he turned out great anyway.

But I'm pretty much just done arguing about LB right now. The amount of stupid statements people are making about his kit is actually pissing me off. I probably should just take a break from the forums today.

Zhantay
04-27-2019, 09:39 PM
LB and Raider are going to be such beasts on console. I know a lot of Raiders and LB who sat them on the shelf to play something faster, so I'm happy for them. And excited for the Hikitori, she's got me back into For Honor and will probably main her until Nobushi gets looked back because I'm tired of being stressed out, trying to make her work in PvP after being 64 reps into her.
There's a lot of good changes coming in, now if only they gave us more Layers, Slots, Colors, and Icons to use for our Emblems.:)