PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes 2.08.0

Ubi-P4in
04-26-2019, 11:44 AM
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/forhonor/fh-game/fh_patch_208_en_348894.jpg

PATCH NOTES 2.08.0 Ė FOR HONOR

PS4 - 2.72GB | Xbox One - 3.02GB | PC -3.02GB

For a full rundown of the 2.08.0 Patch Notes, please click here (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-348510-16/patch-notes-2080-for-honor).

Sgt_Nishi
04-26-2019, 04:31 PM
I just logged in today on the playstation and there has not been an update for the ps4 with the new for honor content. I can not find anywhere where it actually specifies when it will come out but as far as i can see it is not out yet even though the post says it was yesterday? If im incorrect, i would like to know when it arrives

xxxMrSavagexxx
04-26-2019, 11:55 PM
I could go on and on about the flaws about the Highlander character, and also the best parts, but overall since the recent updates to heroes recovery and 400ms light attacks, Highlander is becoming very lackluster and unusable against fast or heavily armored characters.

I have based my ideas on three topics:
Mix up potential
Trade options
And versatility

Mix up potential:
-Letís be honest. Highlander is a hybrid but I feel heís being treated as more of a heavy. Heís slow like a heavy, has similar recovery time as a heavy, but he certainly doesnít HIT like a heavy. Even with a fainted heavy, his opening light attack is too slow with the 100 ms delay to really apply any pressure unless offensive stance is spammed like crazy. This really slows down player encounters because you have to maintain some distance to stay in it unless you spam his offensive light at 500ms. Which USED to be a threat but is now just a minor nuisance since the damage was nerfed to 2. A measly 2.. so what Iím saying is he is nothing but parry bait. he is Too slow to really punish any parry happy players.

-If his attacks arenít to be increased in speed or recovery time, It would greatly be appreciated to at least increase the speed on his first zone strike. Just a reduction of 100ms Would suffice and completely up his mix up game because it would add the option of variable attack times with his normal defensive heavies and offensive heavy. Like if a side heavy is feinted, a follow up zone would confuse players because they would think itís a heavy that clocks in at 800-1000ms when in reality it hits at like 700ms, or even better yet 600ms.

-Maybe an added heavy->light chain (with hyper armor and/or an additional crushing counter similar to warlord!!) could help deter players from just going light attack happy which completely renders Highlander useless. Yes, at higher levels of gameplay, you could work around it (sometimes) but Compared to other characters Highlander seems to have to jump through way more hoops than necessary to compete.

-One thing that I think would really up his offensive stance game would be to allow some way to feint his kick into unblockable since you can do the opposite. Like a chain that you can flip back and forth, for example the longest chain could be unblockable to kick to unblockable to kick to caber toss all feinted and in rapid succession (with an obviously high stamina drain) or maybe utilize his emote as another feint option to remain in offensive stance instead of just using offensive light. This way itís another option to feint but keep up the pressure of offensive stance.

Trade options
-I feel that it is necessary to buff up both his health (similar to warden Atleast, 125 is just too low to trade) and damage if his whole character is going to be based around trading hits. He as a whole is not a bad character in terms of options, but compared to characters like berserker that have higher damaging attacks with faster recovery or lawbringer with countless barrages of pummel strikes, he is easily overshadowed in terms of trading. Especially since his attacks are so slow (600ms lights besides his offensive light, 800-1000ms heavies) his uninterruptible stance cannot activate fast enough to warrant a decent trade off without being interrupted and hit out of his attacks constantly. Not to mention his crushing counter is too slow to really be usable unless it also had uninterruptible stance on top of the counter. Which again, could be alleviated with reducing the first light chain attack to 500ms instead of 600ms. Wishful thinking would be to make offensive light his only 400ms attack (instead of 500ms being his fastest which on console is STILL immensely easy to parry even by noobs) with a heavy stamina drain so that it canít be spammed like in rep 70 gameplay. Like a limit of 3 in rapid succession.

-Again wishful thinking.. but this would certainly make him a threat since most assassin characters have a similar health pool which is kind of sad, only I canít understand how shinobi could be so fast while still hitting so hard.
<50 damage defensive top heavy (+5)>
<45 defensive sides(+5)>
<40 uninterruptible no change (since itís guaranteed damage, doesnít warrant a buff)>
<30 defensive light is good>
<25 zone is decent (or maybe he could be the first character with uninterruptible stance on a zone to make him unique since warden has undodgeable on his)>
<5 offensive light (+3)>

Versatility
-Again, since Highlander is treated as a heavy character only without the health pool, his character is heavily based on trading blows. However as soon as he enters a fight with a very fast character like berserker or Shinobi, his trading ability is completely useless because heís too slow to activate Crushing counter or interruptible stance. This is made very apparent when a 1v2 or more results in Highlander only being able to defend because heís too slow to activate his any of his counter abilities and even get a shot off. EVEN with revenge at times.
-He is perfect when ganking enemies because of his unblockable..
-however his 1v1 game is lacking, so zone defense is iffy at best unless you are fighting against an unseasoned player. Anyone who is even slightly competent in dodging and parrying can easily down a rep 40 or above Highlander with ease. He just telegraphs everything so hard without any speedy punishes so he winds up in many stalemate fights.
-His BEST attribute in team play is his ability to clear out soldiers for acquiring the central zones.

Again, I know all of this is wishful thinking and I know that the Ubisoft For Honor team is perfectly competent with all of the decisions that they make. I highly appreciate it, as well as the community, that your team whole heartedly devote their time and attention to constantly updating the game and keeping players happy. I am but a humble customer that really enjoys your game, and unfortunately I have taken a liking to one of the harder characters to master. Iím just hoping that with all the reworks and updates to characters that Highlander will receive a bit more attention because I do so enjoy playing him and do not want to feel like he gets the short end of the stick.

I am hoping that my feedback will at least be considered and will await any further updates to the game. You guys Rock!! 🤘

xxxMrSavagexxx
04-27-2019, 12:15 AM
I could go on and on about the flaws about the Highlander character, and also the best parts, but overall since the recent updates to heroes recovery and 400ms light attacks, Highlander is becoming very lackluster and unusable against fast or heavily armored characters.

I have based my ideas on three topics:
Mix up potential
Trade options
And versatility

Mix up potential:
-Letís be honest. Highlander is a hybrid but I feel heís being treated as more of a heavy. Heís slow like a heavy, has similar recovery time as a heavy, but he certainly doesnít HIT like a heavy. Even with a fainted heavy, his opening light attack is too slow with the 100 ms delay to really apply any pressure unless offensive stance is spammed like crazy. This really slows down player encounters because you have to maintain some distance to stay in it unless you spam his offensive light at 500ms. Which USED to be a threat but is now just a minor nuisance since the damage was nerfed to 2. A measly 2.. so what Iím saying is he is nothing but parry bait. he is Too slow to really punish any light attack, dodge, or parry happy players.

-If his attacks arenít to be increased in speed or recovery time, It would greatly be appreciated to at least increase the speed on his first zone strike. Just a reduction of 100ms Would suffice and completely up his mix up game because it would add the option of variable attack times with his normal defensive heavies and offensive heavy. Like if a top heavy is feinted, a follow up zone would confuse players because they would think itís a heavy that clocks in at 800-1000ms when in reality it hits at like 700ms, or even better yet 600ms.

-Maybe an added heavy->light chain (with hyper armor and/or an additional crushing counter similar to warlord!!) could help deter players from just going light attack happy which completely renders Highlander useless. Yes, at higher levels of gameplay, you could work around it (sometimes) but Compared to other characters Highlander seems to have to jump through way more hoops than necessary to compete.

-One thing that I think would really up his offensive stance game would be to allow some way to feint his kick into unblockable since you can do the opposite. Like a chain that you can flip back and forth, for example the longest chain could be unblockable to kick to unblockable to kick to caber toss all feinted and in rapid succession (with an obviously high stamina drain) or maybe utilize his emote as another feint option to remain in offensive stance instead of just using offensive light, maybe the emote could be THE kick cancel I just highlighted before. Dodging character would expect the kick to whiff, but you could emote and counter their dodge with another dodge and then mix up. This way thereís options to feint but keep up the pressure of offensive stance.

Trade options
-I feel that it is necessary to buff up both his health (similar to warden at the least,125 health is just too low to trade) and his damage isnít enough of a threat if his whole character is going to be based around trading hits. He as a whole is not a bad character in terms of options, but compared to characters like berserker that have higher damaging attacks with faster recovery or lawbringer with countless barrages of pummel strikes, he is easily overshadowed in terms of trading. Especially since his attacks are so slow (600ms lights besides his offensive light, 800-1000ms heavies) his uninterruptible stance cannot activate fast enough to warrant a decent trade off without being interrupted and hit out of his attacks constantly. Not to mention his crushing counter is too slow to really be usable unless it also had uninterruptible stance on top of the counter. Which again, could both be alleviated with reducing the first light chain attack to 500ms instead of 600ms. Wishful thinking would be to make offensive light his only 400ms attack (instead of 500ms being his fastest which on console is STILL immensely easy to parry even by noobs) with a heavy stamina drain so that it canít be spammed like in rep 70 gameplay. Like a limit of 3 in rapid succession.

-Again wishful thinking.. but this would certainly make him a threat since most assassin characters have a similar health pool which is kind of sad, (and Raider now has his unblockable clocking in at 50 damage!! Wth? Highlander has a big a** sword that does LESS?) only I canít understand how shinobi could be so fast while still hitting so hard.
<50 damage defensive top heavy (+5)>
<45 defensive sides(+5)>
<40 uninterruptible would appreciate a buff but not necessary (since itís guaranteed damage, doesnít warrant a buff)>
<15 defensive light is good for side lights but think top need to be 20; both 2nd chain Light should be 10>
<25 zone is decent (or maybe he could be the first character with uninterruptible stance on a zone to make him unique since warlord has undodgeable on his)>
<10 offensive light (+1)>

Versatility
-Again, since Highlander is treated as a heavy character only without the health pool, his character is heavily based on trading blows. However, as soon as he enters a fight with a very fast character like berserker or Shinobi, his trading ability is completely useless because heís too slow to activate Crushing counter or interruptible stance. This is made very apparent when a 1v2 or more results in Highlander only being able to defend because heís too slow to activate his any of his counter abilities and even get a shot off. EVEN with revenge at times.
-He is perfect when ganking enemies because of his unblockable..
-however his 1v1 game is lacking, so zone defense is iffy at best unless you are fighting against an unseasoned player. Anyone who is even slightly competent in dodging and parrying can easily down a rep 40 or above Highlander with ease. He just telegraphs everything so hard without any speedy punishes so he winds up in many stalemate fights.
-His BEST attribute in team play is his ability to clear out soldiers for acquiring the central zones.

Again, I know all of this is wishful thinking and I know that the Ubisoft For Honor team is perfectly competent with all of the decisions that they make. I highly appreciate it, as well as the community, that your team whole heartedly devote their time and attention to constantly updating the game and keeping players happy. I am but a humble customer that really enjoys your game. Iím just hoping that with all the reworks and updates to characters that Highlander will receive a bit more attention because I do so enjoy playing him and do not want to feel like he gets the short end of the stick.

I am hoping that my feedback will at least be considered and will await any further updates to the game. You guys Rock!! 🤘

TheGiggitygoo
04-27-2019, 11:43 AM
You scumbags.. Stop bloody nerfing everything.. And fix my ara!!! Was fine the way he was.. The moment someone gets beaten they go winge to ubisoft: That characters too strong, nerf him!! AND BRING BACK GEAR STATS FOR F.U.C.K.S SAKE!!! Leave revenge out if thats the issue, but the rest was fine as it was... Don't update this game ever again; it'll only get worse..Do us all a favor and go play in traffic so this game can be left in peace.. Poor bugga is almost dead, show some sympathy...

TipTheScaIes
04-29-2019, 09:19 AM
At what time will the patch go live on the 2nd of may/thursday? In the night from thursday to friday or in the night from wednesday to thursday? There does not seem to be a time released yet. I am situated in germany, cheers!