PDA

View Full Version : To everyone complaining

Brutal_DaDo
04-26-2019, 10:59 AM
To all the people who are going crazy and can see ahead in the future, once the new season is out, if you were right about the reworks then youíll keep hatin on it but if by any chance you find that itís better than before how about posting treads saying ďi was crying before i even tried the reworked lbĒ

Sm0k3alot
04-26-2019, 11:51 AM
All we wanted was hyperarmor on his heavies, and a viable long arm and if god wills it maybe just ONE soft feint....is it really so hard to understand?

The_B0G_
04-26-2019, 12:01 PM
I don't think he'll be too bad, he has more than he had. Personally, I never used block shove as much as a lot of people, I play a pretty aggressive LB so I'd rather attack or parry than wait for a block, so this rework seems pretty decent in my eyes. For me personally at least.

jmac70
04-26-2019, 12:11 PM
I only want ubi to think about consoles which the don't just now. Yea law bro never got much but tbh I think raider is gonna be a pain specifically the 500ms lights

The_B0G_
04-26-2019, 01:07 PM
I only want ubi to think about consoles which the don't just now. Yea law bro never got much but tbh I think raider is gonna be a pain specifically the 500ms lights

Agreed.

Illyrian_King
04-26-2019, 01:10 PM
I don't think he'll be too bad, he has more than he had. Personally, I never used block shove as much as a lot of people, I play a pretty aggressive LB so I'd rather attack or parry than wait for a block, so this rework seems pretty decent in my eyes. For me personally at least.

What did he get? Tell me please.

100ms faster lights, chain not interrupted on side light and some damage buffs and nerfs. Please don't say unblockable mix-up, because that thing is still trash. 900ms with a small feint window (even just adding that with a Hero like LB don't want to feint, I want to strike and break) and easily poked out, because there is no hyperarmour. Did I leave anything out?

Even if you didn't use Shove on block, many people did and in higher tier this was a pretty major thing for LB, since you got to pull it off pretty frequently. Just the mentioned things don't compensate the shove aloine and even recalling, that he was completely left behind in general. Not just a compensation for the Block Shove

The_B0G_
04-26-2019, 01:25 PM
What did he get? Tell me please.

100ms faster lights, chain not interrupted on side light and some damage buffs and nerfs. Even if you didn't use Shove on Block, many people did and in higher tier this was a pretty major thing for LB.

Did I leave anything out?

Armor on shove, so you can push through an attack, get a free light and set up for the top heavy unblockable mix up game. His parry counters are still all there and his zone after parry is now unblockable and hyper armored, which is really good for ganks.

Like I said in another thread, we'll have to wait and see how he is when he releases.

Illyrian_King
04-26-2019, 01:38 PM
Armor on shove, so you can push through an attack, get a free light and set up for the top heavy unblockable mix up game. His parry counters are still all there and his zone after parry is now unblockable and hyper armored, which is really good for ganks.

Like I said in another thread, we'll have to wait and see how he is when he releases.

What did I need armour for, when the shove was guaranteed after a heavy? Externally the chain Shove was hardly never interrupted (at this point I am not even sure, if he had also that Shove covered). He had armour on netral shove combined with armour on Impale and Long Arm. So get got a flat out nerf. Justified or not, there was no compensation.

There is no unblockable "mix-up", since it is slow, most likely roll-away functional in all cases, short feinting window (you won't fool at lot of people with it) and most importantly you can poke him out with any lights due to NO HYPERARMOUR.

His parry counters where also there before the rework and they didn't lift him from the trash.

His parry Zone was already armoured and got a damage nerf from 25 to 22. Not quiet a boomer ...

The_B0G_
04-26-2019, 02:11 PM
What did I need armour for, when the shove was guaranteed after a heavy? Externally the chain Shove was hardly never interrupted (at this point I am not even sure, if he had also that Shove covered). He had armour on netral shove combined with armour on Impale and Long Arm. So get got a flat out nerf. Justified or not, there was no compensation.

There is no unblockable "mix-up", since it is slow, most likely roll-away functional in all cases, short feinting window (you won't fool at lot of people with it) and most importantly you can poke him out with any lights due to NO HYPERARMOUR.

His parry counters where also there before the rework and they didn't lift him from the trash.

His parry Zone was already armoured and got a damage nerf from 25 to 22. Not quiet a boomer ...

We'll have to see, all static heroes also got a guard stance buff. That could work in his favor as well. I'm not going to bash on the rebalance too much until I get my hands on it.

Brutal_DaDo
04-26-2019, 03:16 PM
Guys all iím saying is to wait and give it a try once itís out! Iím not a LB main but i played him for 30 reps across ps4 and xbox, one thing that i hated was that lack of offence, he didnít get hyperarmor but he got something that itís better than nothing

darksavior1977
04-26-2019, 03:37 PM
What I would have liked to have seen:

A reduction from a 3 hit chain to a 2 hit chain like Jiang Jung and Vortiger have gone with. 3 hit chains often load the last hit with the unblockable and it is easy to avoid/counter. True combinations can be long, however chains are much more risky that way and only work on opponents who are not paying attention or of lower skill than average.

HyperArmor on opening hits, unblockable on finishers; this is much more effective. Openers are best to trade with for timing.

Parry counters: Should be guaranteed, as the risk involved stems from the parry, and built in punishes either must do as much damage as default parry punish options, or offer some utility other than damage if they do not. Getting to the long arm off side parries would have been a cool option. Maybe a bash with the flat of the poleaxe off top parries that causes blind and some stun would be a cool option off the top parry counter. If his kit is effective otherwise he can follow these parry counters with offense, allowing these bashes and long arms to create openings for him.

The ability to soft feint heavy attacks into the impaling charge, with a reduced stamina cost than the unlocked charge attack. I get why unlock charges cost so much stamina, but off a soft feint that penalty wouldn't make sense.

All heavy attacks sped up; I get that thematically LB swinging that axe kinda slow might fit, but no character's "flavor" should justify being an ineffective fighter. Speed up the heavies to make them actually have a chance in hell of hitting someone without guaranteeing they'll be dodged or parried please.

Make his shove faster and give it some mix up potential. As it stands the mix ups are limited, and the shove from neutral or after a heavy initiates too slowly.

KSI_TheMadKing
04-26-2019, 05:02 PM
What I would have liked to have seen:

A reduction from a 3 hit chain to a 2 hit chain like Jiang Jung and Vortiger have gone with. 3 hit chains often load the last hit with the unblockable and it is easy to avoid/counter. True combinations can be long, however chains are much more risky that way and only work on opponents who are not paying attention or of lower skill than average.

HyperArmor on opening hits, unblockable on finishers; this is much more effective. Openers are best to trade with for timing.

Parry counters: Should be guaranteed, as the risk involved stems from the parry, and built in punishes either must do as much damage as default parry punish options, or offer some utility other than damage if they do not. Getting to the long arm off side parries would have been a cool option. Maybe a bash with the flat of the poleaxe off top parries that causes blind and some stun would be a cool option off the top parry counter. If his kit is effective otherwise he can follow these parry counters with offense, allowing these bashes and long arms to create openings for him.

The ability to soft feint heavy attacks into the impaling charge, with a reduced stamina cost than the unlocked charge attack. I get why unlock charges cost so much stamina, but off a soft feint that penalty wouldn't make sense.

All heavy attacks sped up; I get that thematically LB swinging that axe kinda slow might fit, but no character's "flavor" should justify being an ineffective fighter. Speed up the heavies to make them actually have a chance in hell of hitting someone without guaranteeing they'll be dodged or parried please.

Make his shove faster and give it some mix up potential. As it stands the mix ups are limited, and the shove from neutral or after a heavy initiates too slowly.

Are you just copying and pasting the same thing on different threads? Lol

darksavior1977
04-27-2019, 02:19 AM
I did in a few threads for visibility. Only 3 total.