PDA

View Full Version : Grate/Vent Explosion Glitch

Wdf1987
04-26-2019, 04:21 AM
This happened to a twitch streamer named TheBlazeJP, a speedrunner of Trials games. Happened twice in about 5 minutes and there's included clips of them both.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SavageWrongCodDoggo?tt_content=chat_card&tt_medium=twitch_chat

https://clips.twitch.tv/SincereScrumptiousPresidentPicoMause

Ubi-Raziel
04-26-2019, 03:34 PM
Hey! Thank you for these videos, I will make sure to report this issue.

I have been trying to find the track name but have been unsuccessful. Do you happen to know?

FrozenWaterfall
04-26-2019, 04:12 PM
This is reproducible.

Open a track, complete it, watch the replay until observing the timed physics object, restart track. The next time the timed physics object is encountered it doesn't trigger.

You can fault/restart as many times as you like, the object will not trigger on its first encounter. After encountered, you can go back a checkpoint or restart track and it will trigger. Exiting track obviously fixes the issue.

This is not isolated to this track - The Windy City. It also happens on Wheels of Steel and others. So this is a universal issue, not isolated to this one track.

Ubi-Raziel
04-26-2019, 04:24 PM
This is reproducible.

Open a track, complete it, watch the replay until observing the timed physics object, restart track. The next time the timed physics object is encountered it doesn't trigger.

You can fault/restart as many times as you like, the object will not trigger on its first encounter. After encountered, you can go back a checkpoint or restart track and it will trigger. Exiting track obviously fixes the issue.

This is not isolated to this track - The Windy City. It also happens on Wheels of Steel and others. So this is a universal issue, not isolated to this one track.

I could never have asked for a better description, thank you for taking the time to write this!

I will add this forum thread to the investigation, as well as your explanation. Much obliged!