PDA

View Full Version : Hitokiri reaction

Sneakly20
04-25-2019, 09:13 PM
I like the concept and love how she plays. Iím a little concerned that dodge happy individuals might be a bit more punishing.

Her infinite heavy is nice. A good way to mix into the kick or light. Iím actually suprised that it doesnít have hyper armor on every chain heavy. Otherwise I do see a whole lot of nerf threads because of the kick granting a heavy. I foresee a nerf to its damage but I donít think theyíll change the fact itís a heavy.

On the kick, can one back dodge beat both imputs? It would be horrible if thatís the case as she would have no way to open an opponent mid combo.

The charge on the heavies are great but Iím worried that the walking backwards trick will work on her. And the zone and forward dash are predictable.

Iím not sure but Iím very excited to see this hero. I love it.

rottmeister
04-25-2019, 09:22 PM
I'm worried about their viability too. in the tribute match I saw a lot of people backdodging out of Hitokiri's attacks. The bashes look really slow but I'm hoping they can't be backdodged out of every possible attack: sweep/kick/feint + something. that'd make her rather weak imo unless the different timings in heavies wouldn't be 100% reactable, but then you'd get a similar situation as with Warden's unreactable bashes and I'd hate that. Please no more 1 trick ponies! I'm really hoping this hero will be viable in terms of her complete moveset, not just one aspect.

MessirePhilippe
04-25-2019, 09:39 PM
Sure but its better to have a hero a little weaker and buff him just after the release ,when we see all the cry,complain and thread for nerf the Bp ,i think the dev play cool and buff in consequence after the release if she is a too much weak

Poenix21
04-25-2019, 09:39 PM
Well, judging from the exhibition matches you can back dodge out of it.
To be fair, on PC she doesn't look very promising. She needs to be in a heavy chain to utilize her kit which is not ideal.

DaytimeRaider
04-25-2019, 09:41 PM
Overall I like her kit, Im Still kinda disapointed that they didn't make the "heavy" look like an actually heavy as far as armor goes. Only thing right now that I see that Im a little worried about is that tier 4 feat of a up close instakill and maybe the one that gives her perminant defensive buff till shes killed. If that tier 4 feat has range like shoalins teleport then Im very worried about it but as long as they keep it in close combat range or give even a small window that its able to be dodged in then guess its fine.

rottmeister
04-25-2019, 09:45 PM
Overall I like her kit, Im Still kinda disapointed that they didn't make the "heavy" look like an actually heavy as far as armor goes. Only thing right now that I see that Im a little worried about is that tier 4 feat of a up close instakill and maybe the one that gives her perminant defensive buff till shes killed. If that tier 4 feat has range like shoalins teleport then Im very worried about it but as long as they keep it in close combat range or give even a small window that its able to be dodged in then guess its fine.

On stream I saw someone dodge the instakill so there's that. At least there is some counter (apart from the pancake flip). Imo it's not that great of a 4th feat. It's close range only, your character needs enough health (so they don't die midway through) and only applies it to 1 enemy. it looks like a 'weaker' version of the knight's bombs and PK's/Tiandi's last laugh feat.

But I'd definitely use it, even if it's just for style points!

DaytimeRaider
04-25-2019, 09:54 PM
On stream I saw someone dodge the instakill so there's that. At least there is some counter (apart from the pancake flip). Imo it's not that great of a 4th feat. It's close range only, your character needs enough health (so they don't die midway through) and only applies it to 1 enemy. it looks like a 'weaker' version of the knight's bombs and PK's/Tiandi's last laugh feat.

But I'd definitely use it, even if it's just for style points!

Yeah I didnt see the dodge but its good to know. Damn though all that hyper armor on her attacks, very reminiscent of beserker im really hoping that her playstyle doesnt become beserker.

bannex19
04-25-2019, 10:36 PM
She's gonna be a lvl 1-2 bot destroyer!!!!

DaytimeRaider
04-25-2019, 11:19 PM
Took a bit for me to see but it just dawned on me how broken of a character hitokiri will be in breach. Her passive of not being interrupted during executions will be extremely overpowered in breach. Dont take this wrong the passive ability itself is great and I have nothing against it but it will be so powerful in breach where the minions are supposed to interrupt the executions and you are so reliant on not getting executed. he ability is basically a direct counter to how breach is played and how the minions are supposed to work. Anyone else see a problem with her uninterruptible executions in breach or is it just me?

Helnekromancer
04-25-2019, 11:25 PM
Eh I play on Console everything there is viable and ridiculous. I'm excited to finally play a good heavy, everytime I got a Heavy order I just looked at Boring Basher prior or Samo Hung to finish them but now the Samurai actually have a cool member so I'm interested in For Honor again. No more playing other heroes from different factions I can just play Hitokiri, Nobushi, Kensei, and Shinobi.

wolffiend
04-26-2019, 06:44 AM
I was hoping one of his/her armor sets would look more haevy and demonic like this one. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/463870830345414913/
Ubi if you can do it make it happen would love something down the line of this style.

Okita_Soji..
04-26-2019, 06:39 PM
Not only will the first feat be very powerful as a defender in Breach but when the fourth feat comes active that's a lot of damage to the guardian or commander. Managing tickets is important for attackers and as i play i either pair up or stay around minions, not gonna matter now.

UbiInsulin
04-27-2019, 12:52 AM
Appreciate the feedback everyone. Seems like the jury's out until we can play her, but I'll keep track of the concerns that are being mentioned.

Knight_Raime
04-27-2019, 02:12 AM
From what I've heard from people who had early access her kick mix up can be back walked. So hopefully the devs come in the clutch with that mid season patch and fix back walking among the other disengage issues.

As far as feats go her 4th can be dodged and countered via bulwark counter. Eye balling it seems it's a 500_600ms attack that has armor in the first 100-200ms of it. So hitting her out of it intentionally doesn't seem likely. I personally want to see if she can confirm it on sweep or wall splat.

The only feat she has that's a potential balance problem is her third feat that gives her a perma 30% debuff from damage for that life. That's quite insane. Her second tier is basically a balanced version of soothing mist.

Feat wise she seems pretty tame but interesting as a kill confirming role. Which I like.

I'm still wondering what her feint windows are like, can she follow a kick with anything if she whiffs, does her kick wall splat. Etc.

Sneakly20
04-27-2019, 02:46 AM
From what I've heard from people who had early access her kick mix up can be back walked. So hopefully the devs come in the clutch with that mid season patch and fix back walking among the other disengage issues.

What! I was so excited for that mixup to be there :(

Do you know if itís something you do on reaction? Because the kick seems quick enough to catch right after input especially since it can only come over the light or heavy and they should be in hit reaction right?

Knight_Raime
04-27-2019, 02:51 AM
What! I was so excited for that mixup to be there :(

Do you know if itís something you do on reaction? Because the kick seems quick enough to catch right after input especially since it can only come over the light or heavy and they should be in hit reaction right?

If I understand right you need to be back walking already. And that avoids the kick regardless of variance. I'm unsure if back walking avoids sweep.

rottmeister
04-27-2019, 03:17 PM
If I understand right you need to be back walking already. And that avoids the kick regardless of variance. I'm unsure if back walking avoids sweep.

It probably will. The sweep itself looks really close range unlike Valk's. Valkyrie is able to hit enemies from a further distance because she uses her spear and not her legs. I think the Hitokiri will certainly be viable in casual play and team play but I fear she's going to be on the weaker end in duels due to her mixups potentially being made redundant by walking backwards and the fact she doesn't have any light chains might make her a bit predictable. I say this because the only time she can really throw out a light is to begin or end a chain which might make her predictable. She looks to be a bit of a high risk high reward character and I'm hoping she won't become a one-trick pony. But we'll see when she releases. I'll definitely keep my eye on the comp subreddit the coming weeks.