PDA

View Full Version : Game will not load. Launcher just spins indefinitely.

PhrozenKLR
04-25-2019, 05:38 PM
When I hit play, all I see is this (the circle in the lower right spins): https://i.imgur.com/iomZPhJ.png

Left it for 20 minutes... nothing.

Things I've tried:

- Verifying files. After the verification, it found corrupted files, so I had it attempt to redownload. The download failed, an then there was a link under the play button to "locate the game." I pointed it at the proper directory, and it said it would need to verify files... so I did... and the same happened. Did this about 5 times which got me nowhere so I.....

- Uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Nothing changed, so I.....

- Downloaded all windows updates and restarted.

Some things to note:

- After I uninstalled/reinstalled, tried and failed to load, I did another verification of files. All files came back just fine, and the next time I started the game it re-installed those 6 things that it does on a new install... but it still didn't load. It also didn't pop up the link to locate the game.

- I have Div2 installed on a different drive, but I've found others who have it installed in custom places as well.

- I have a K95 keyboard which has software that interacts w/Div2 for pretty colors. I updated this, nothing changed, so I totally turned it off. No changes.

- I gave all the executables in the div2 folder "run as administrator" and full security privileges.

Would love to get some pointers on how to fix this

Comp stats:

i7-6700K

32GB DDR4 PC3200 RAM

500GB SSD for main drive

6TB RAID5 array for other drives (that's where Div2 is installed)

GTX 1080 GPU

PhrozenKLR
04-25-2019, 10:01 PM
Apparently it has to do w/the fact that it's installed on a different drive. Moving it to C worked.

That means AS OF THIS PATCH you can no longer install Div2 on another drive!!