View Full Version : On The Ropes

KrayzieTheKidd
04-25-2019, 04:42 PM
On The Ropes

https://youtu.be/3Lyf26l8cQ8
https://youtu.be/yI6Q4d2gq7k
https://youtu.be/hW7egnqqwOo
https://youtu.be/zQd8mro7KCk

On the ropes isc used in all of these builds with varying glove talens I believe.

t seems as though you guys have broken all of the damage synergies or most of them, except on the ropes. This talent seems to work without actually having to give up anything as demonstrated by inigo montoya TV. This is because 7 yellows isnít hard to come by. I think he has said that you can get all 7 yellows from two pieces. I think he is running like 3 reds 11, blues and 7 yellows. In this you can use the main damage talents strained and optimist, the glove talent compensated, and on the ropes. Only one of these talents have a cooldown. That is on the ropes, but there is no real cooldown, because as he demonstrates you can have this permanently up by using a pulse and dropping a chem launcher heal and there you go. This was already gaining widespread usage before then nerfs and changes to strained and berserk. There seems to be a consensus that this is now the strongest build. I canít find a counter argument. I mean compensated and on the ropes give a combined 40% weapon damage with no crit. And you can stack 11 blues and get near or north of 400k total hit points. Maybe this needs to be adjusted so that you actually have to give up something to use in the ropes. Maybe 11 yellows or two or less reds so it canít be used with compensated and the damage weapon talents or something. This is a lot of weapon damage without being forced to give up anything in return. Since you dropped the hammer on safeguard this is pretty much the default talent. When you combine this with what is going on in PvP with lmgs in the dz, this has potential to really take over as the build. I didn't think you wanted only one build to dominate. In his build video he is hitting for 70k to the head with an assault rifle. What is the counter to 3 11 7 or 3 11 8. Dude has almost 400k hit points to begin with. Just watch most of InigoMontoyaTv's YouTube videos. They all have x x 7 or on the ropes. With extra armor what is this chicken dance 2.0. it seems like this needs like 11 yellows like berserk, which you almost have to die to use. This you donít have to do anything but heal and another quick use skill. Another example is below.

Intro shows how this is basically a no brainier. And you will notice he is always at 2 heals and another skill on cooldown. He is running 2 11 7 he isnít really giving up much to get his damage and with your new auxiliary batteries you can have even more skill power. You have done nothing about this current extra high damage, electronic, and armor builds.
https://youtu.be/RfG449ZDgUM

Sorry for the droning on and on about this. It started as a troll to inigo, but then I began to think about the game and all youíve done. And this might actually need to he addressed or else you just get another meta with LMGs and ARs an LMG would obviously be a better choice bc of the health damage perk not really holding a candle to the out of cover perks of LMGs. If you are going to actually address the LMG meta, you should do it now before even more people start running it and then you crush our builds again. Yes I will run it, it would he stupid no to at this point.

SinisterJoint
04-25-2019, 05:18 PM
On The Ropes
It seems as though you guys have broken all of the damage synergies or most of them, except on the ropes. This talent seems to work without actually having to give up anything as demonstrated by inigo montoya TV. This is because 7 yellows isn’t hard to come by. I think he has said that you can get all 7 yellows from two pieces. I think he is running like 3 reds 11, blues and 7 yellows. In this you can use the main damage talents strained and optimist, the glove talent clutch, and on the ropes. Only one of these talents have a cooldown. That is on the ropes, but there is no real cooldown, because as he demonstrates you can have this permanently up by using a pulse and dropping a chem launcher heal and there you go. This was already gaining widespread usage before then nerfs and changes to strained and berserk. There seems to be a consensus that this is now the strongest build. I can’t find a counter argument. I mean compensated and on the ropes give a combined 40% weapon damage with no crit. And you can stack 11 blues and get near or north of 400k total hit points. Maybe this needs to be adjusted so that you actually have to give up something to use in the ropes. Maybe 11 yellows or two or less reds so it can’t be used with compensated and the damage weapon talents or something. This is a lot of weapon damage without being forced to give up anything in return. Since you dropped the hammer on safeguard this is pretty much the default talent. When you combine this with what is going on in PvP with lmgs in the dz, this has potential to really take over as the build. I didn't think you wanted only one build to dominate. In his build video he is hitting for 70k to the head with an assault rifle. What is the counter to 3 11 7 or 3 11 8. Dude has almost 400k hit points to begin with. Just watch most of InigoMontoyaTv's YouTube videos. They all have x x 7 or on the ropes. With extra armor what is this chicken dance 2.0. it seems like this needs like 11 yellows like berserk, which you almost have to die to use. This you don’t have to do anything but heal and another quick use skill. Another example is below.
Intro shows how this is basically a no brainier. And you will notice he is always at 2 heals and another skill on cooldown. He is running 2 11 7 he isn’t really giving up much to get his damage and with your new auxiliary batteries you can have even more skill power. You have done nothing about this current extra high damage, electronic, and armor builds.
https://youtu.be/RfG449ZDgUM

Sorry for the droning on and on about this. It started as a troll to inigo, but then I began to think about the game and all you’ve done. And this might actually need to he addressed or else you just get another meta with LMGs and ARs an LMG would obviously be a better choice bc of the health damage perk not really holding a candle to the out of cover perks of LMGs. If you are going to actually address the LMG meta, you should do it now before even more people start running it and then you crush our builds again. Yes I will run it, it would he stupid no to at this point.

Not sure if you know this. He isn't using clutch. He's using compensated on the gloves. and he isnt using strained...he's using Unhinged. He also isnt using optimist.

The video you linked he is using an LMG, not an AR. That is an MG5 and an M60.

I'm not sure you really looked at his build and why its successful. and personally it could be a ton better if he changed some talents out (like centered or dialed in)

Also he has 234k HP, that quite a bit off from 400k.

All of this combined tells me you have no clue what is actually going on.

70k crit headshots is quite reasonable (kinda low actually) for this build. His MG5 has a base damage of 35.5k, LMG's do 15% bonus damage to targets out of cover, He's also using demolitionist which gives 15% more increased LMG damage. and has a total of 32% LMG damage AND 31.5% weapon damage.

This build is not OP and takes quite a bit of time to farm the best pieces. Please don't call for nerfs when you have no clue what is going on to begin with! Do you know why you can get 7 yellow with 2 pieces? Mods and it takes A LOT of farming and LUCK to get a 2 yellow attribute and 2 yellow mod slot piece

KrayzieTheKidd
04-25-2019, 05:39 PM
Not sure if you know this. He isn't using clutch. He's using compensated on the gloves. and he isnt using strained...he's using Unhinged. He also isnt using optimist.

The video you linked he is using an LMG, not an AR. That is an MG5 and an M60.

I'm not sure you really looked at his build and why its successful. and personally it could be a ton better if he changed some talents out (like centered or dialed in)

Also he has 234k HP, that quite a bit off from 400k.

All of this combined tells me you have no clue what is actually going on.

70k crit headshots is quite reasonable (kinda low actually) for this build. His MG5 has a base damage of 35.5k, LMG's do 15% bonus damage to targets out of cover, He's also using demolitionist which gives 15% more increased LMG damage. and has a total of 32% LMG damage AND 31.5% weapon damage.

This build is not OP and takes quite a bit of time to farm the best pieces. Please don't call for nerfs when you have no clue what is going on to begin with! Do you know why you can get 7 yellow with 2 pieces? Mods and it takes A LOT of farming and LUCK to get a 2 yellow attribute and 2 yellow mod slot piece

As I said, it started it as a troll to inigo. The YouTube video is of some other guys game play. Not inigo. I forgot to link inigos YouTube. My reference to clutch was intended to man compensated. I'll edit thanks. Not sure if it's OP or not, I just don't want to spend the time building this and then they nerf it. Id rather they look at it now and then make a final decision as it seems YouTube is ablaze with this build our some variation. Which means I'll make it's rounds and then thylander will say how he is disappointed. Yeah it does take a lot of time and luck to build this will. This means there will be even more outrage after all of the other changes if they let people think this is here to stay and then they nerf it in a month. As I said. I'll run it and I'll be in the same position pre outrage if they nerf it with 11 yellows or some ghastly amount of yellows. If they maybe had it at 10%or 15% damage, is still make a build around it and alternate between this and other builds in my rotation.

sprayNprayz
04-26-2019, 06:27 AM
Curious as to the point of your post. It reads a bit like "they nerfed the other red/blue based metas, so go after this one too." As Sinister noted, this isnt an easy build to form and requires a good amount of sacrificing or many hours/luck to acquire the right rolled pieces. If you attempt this with a Frankenstein setup you are actually weaker than rolling a more pure red build. The trick is to get the right rolls and right pieces due to the requirements on stat totals. I wouldnt call it OP either. On live it holds its own in challenging group content, but the current meta of red builds definitely out damages it.

I can understand the feeling of not wanting them to keep tweaking talents and requirements to reduce the amount of farming/planning. There will always be a new meta people will shift toward. Even in this forum you have unbreakable and bloodsucking skills that are being formed into new metas as we speak. Just doesnt feel like they thoroughly tested the different combinations and ways to use these talents. Example - they didnt think the players would find a way to have full armor down and stay alive with hp regen to maximize berserk and strained? That just seems common sense to me.

TheCasillas
04-30-2019, 03:04 PM
It took me two hours of DZ farming to make this build for a SMG with Clutch 47% CHC, LMG, and a berserk AR. It's not hard to build. Literally takes two pieces of OD. It is the meta right now. Unfortunately is makes no other backpack skill viable. My suggestion would be to up it to 9 electronics. Then add a new skill or change tech support to the back pack. Maybe add a bp talent where if you stay in cover for 3 secs once you exit cover you mitigate 10-15% damage for 5 seconds.

I have to agree with the OP here.... there is no other way to build your builds. OTR the is mandatory.

gcfmathew
05-02-2019, 10:32 AM
they need to fix it. it's not working as intended. on the ropes activated when a single charge is used. it cleary states "no charges left"

R1_Stealth
05-02-2019, 12:41 PM
Unhinged is also no effort, free 20% dmg buff.
That 25% weapon handling is not -25% acc, -25% stability, -25% reload speed.
All those "handling" stats are combined under 25%, like a 6% acc/6% stab/6% reload/6% swap speed.
Imo, to make a fair trade-off, make it -40%-50% handling.