PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to make ARCADE playable one day ?

Siegfried-Z
04-25-2019, 04:04 PM
I mean, i almost never do Arcade because i know it makes me mad.

I just try back yesterday, i made the weekly quest once, it took me like 30min...

I wanted to do it again today, i'm trying since 45min and i was still only in the 2nd step.. Just made it against 3 shaolin on the 1st but this 2nd one with the 2 Nuxia is just impossible.

Arcade is terribly unfun and the reward are very poor.

Are you going to lower the level of the bots one day ? Atm you can't attack them, everything (even feint) is pretty much parried or deflected. The only way to won Arcade is to turtle up till revenge 10 times straight or to ledge. It is very very not fun to play.

I am supposed to be in the top 3% of your player base and this is horrible, can't imagine for all Bronze to Plat players…

Change it

Bloodwake1980
04-25-2019, 05:18 PM
Arcade is playable if you was needing help get ahold of me I can help

Ben.D.Nee
04-25-2019, 07:36 PM
Arcade is only available to the sweatiest players. Sorry you paid for it.

EvoX.
04-25-2019, 09:50 PM
It won't ever be redesigned. I don't think the developers know how to implement challenging AI without just turning up the input reading to 10, which to be fair definitely is not an easy thing to do, but it's still regrettable.

I will farm Arcade for the unique rewards, however. As long as there are new effects/ornaments, I'll play it. I wouldn't say I hate it, as I like countering offense more than initiating it, but it's just... same old, same old. The game is simply not made to have a worthwhile PvE experience that's anything more than a mindless grind.

Kaud0
04-26-2019, 01:49 AM
Haven't you noticed the For Honor developers are quite incapable of doing things right? It usually ends up with them doing 1 things right, while introducing 10 more issues to the table.

Helnekromancer
04-26-2019, 02:28 AM
Arcade would be doable if it actually had a queue. I don't care how long it would take I would wait for a teammate because doing this by yourself is near impossible.

I bought this when it first came out and it was honestly a waste of money but this has taught me to spend my money more wisely so now I don't even buy steel anymore or Deluxe, Platinum editions for games.

papa_joseph1
04-26-2019, 03:21 AM
It would take effort, and to be honest I don't think the devs have the development payroll around to fix a game mode that was half assed to start with, the best way i've figured out how to beat the weekely events is just to cheese the AI to death or ledge them, running back and forth with raider either tossing or stuning seems to work ok, Lawbringer can also sort of cheese them off ledges [Not for long tho, again these devs who apparently hate game testing nerfed the viable parts of LB's kit away]

Arcade should have been free, it's unfinished and feels like garbage, uses parts of single player and duel maps so it cost them nothing to develop.

Siegfried-Z
04-26-2019, 05:38 AM
Lets see how it feels guys after the recent Arcade changes..

Vendelkin
04-26-2019, 12:18 PM
This weeks is actually a rerun quest and is FAAAAR easier than its first pass. I beat it the first time after much grief and pain, but that was before i was doing my weekly vids. I still remember the pain vividly tho.

With the right key knowledge and a decently fast static guard character you can clear it pretty easy. When i finish editing my video ill post it here so you can see what i mean. All 4 phases give you the tools you need to alter playstyle a bit and come out on top.

Also a character with quick throw animations will do better in phase 2.

Vendelkin
04-26-2019, 09:26 PM
https://youtu.be/1GT1yqAdnMw heres the video and theres a bunch of good tactics deployable that i discuss for this one.

Siegfried-Z
04-26-2019, 09:30 PM
https://youtu.be/1GT1yqAdnMw heres the video and theres a bunch of good tactics deployable that i discuss for this one.

Thx man ;)
I did it with a friend. It is very easy when we are two but Alone i had troubles

Vendelkin
04-26-2019, 09:49 PM
Yeah I cant deny this ones rough. There will be additional nerfs to arcade bots coming next week according to the patch notes btw. Only one im personally happy with the is the recommended hear score drop. means ill be able to put more heroes in my videos sooner :D

UbiInsulin
04-26-2019, 10:00 PM
Balance changes will be made in the next patch (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-348510-16/patch-notes-2080-for-honor), with the goal of making the mode more accessible for all players (in terms of Gear Score) as well as reducing the success rates of level 3 bot defense.

rottmeister
04-26-2019, 11:36 PM
The last few arcades weren't that bad, right?
This week's was a rerun of a previous quest I believe. It was a cake walk compared to before because of the nerfs that happened to the bots a while ago.
The 2 Nuxia's were annoying but I just yeeted 'em both in the spikes :p

Completed this quest with Shaman and died 3 times I think (I only ledged the Nuxia's and a Shaolin in phase 3). Once to the Nuxia's and twice to the Tiandi's?

But I do agree it isn't really 'fun'. it's more of a grind than anything. Today I mostly played vs bots and arcade to get the 15k steel quicker to unlock the Hitokiri (finally have enough!).
After playing a ton of arcade I have yet to unlock the outfits and ornament... does anyone have any clue how you can get them? Or is it completely RNG?

P.S. How do you know beforehand that when killing 1 specific hero out of the 3 would put you to the next round? Am I blind for not seeing it in the buff/debuff screen or is it actually not there? In last week's quest you could kill the Nobushi without touching the Orochi and Shinobi and you'd win.

Ben.D.Nee
04-29-2019, 06:34 PM
I wish Ubisoft would do some playtesting beforehand. It's not rocket science that Arcade is a frustrating mess that makes grown men cry. It's not fun, it's not rewarding. Funny that ubi spent half a year figuring that out.

EvoX.
04-29-2019, 09:34 PM
After playing a ton of arcade I have yet to unlock the outfits and ornament... does anyone have any clue how you can get them? Or is it completely RNG?

Those don't drop from weekly quests, only from the regular ones, but there's just RNG of the lowest rates. The worst part is that it's tied with the dynamic rewards system. Though I'm not 100% certain whether or not time spent affects drop rate chance, it feels as if it does, and the faster you complete a set the less you get.

I stopped trying to actively get them, the grind is completely absurd, nobody at Ubisoft has a clue on how to design stuff like this. Like seriously, putting the chance to 1%, then making it so you're forced to spend a lot of time on the quests if you don't want to chance to become negative, effectively making you spend massive amounts of time for the lowest of drop rates in a non-engaging or fun gamemode? The genius that came up with this, though...

RealJayDee1984
04-30-2019, 07:48 PM
Arcade is by far the worst misstep in the history of this game. Just a completely unsatisfying mess. And to have a vaguely singleplayer-like experience with my custom characters would've been totally my thing. Alas, it's ****.

Ben.D.Nee
05-02-2019, 07:47 PM
So for this week's Arcade, there's a Hitokiri with health regen, as well as 2 shinobis that keep respawning. So you need to output tons of damage on the hitokiri in a short amount of time, except the shinobis interrupt your attacks as soon as you see an opening.

Still not having fun.