PDA

View Full Version : The Warlord update...

Hormly
04-22-2019, 05:18 PM
Are we all just going to forget that they completely ignored his functionally useless all-block and parry punish :(

The_B0G_
04-22-2019, 05:34 PM
Oddly enough, he's my strongest hero, if he got a buff I'd be in my glory.

I do think he needs a guarenteed heavy from a FB though.

MessirePhilippe
04-22-2019, 07:10 PM
Oddly enough, he's my strongest hero, if he got a buff I'd be in my glory.

I do think he needs a guarenteed heavy from a FB though.

Yes that can be crazy if they do that , i hope they will finish the add for the warlord ^^

Sneakly20
04-22-2019, 07:15 PM
People say it would be a buff for warlord but itís just a quality of life change. His heavy is 30 from FB, so does prior and conq ( I think his is 35) itís kinda normal now for that damage to take place.

MCBooma16
04-22-2019, 09:44 PM
I think if you fb a light, a light is guaranteed and if you fb a heavy, a heavy is gaurenteed. Could be wrong but usually the recovery for a blocked light is short enough that they can switch guards and block the WL heavy.

Hormly
04-23-2019, 04:58 AM
I think if you fb a light, a light is guaranteed and if you fb a heavy, a heavy is gaurenteed. Could be wrong but usually the recovery for a blocked light is short enough that they can switch guards and block the WL heavy.

actually, those rules only apply against the original roster, against any of the DLC heroes, no attacks are guaranteed off a block. the move is horribly bugged

Basically the only thing blocking with FB does is drain your stamina.

Hormly
04-23-2019, 04:59 AM
People say it would be a buff for warlord but it’s just a quality of life change. His heavy is 30 from FB, so does prior and conq ( I think his is 35) it’s kinda normal now for that damage to take place.

His heavy from FB hits for 30 yes, but its not guaranteed off of a block, unlike conqs, making it useless

Knight_Raime
04-23-2019, 05:09 AM
Yeah I was super surprised they did basically nothing at all with FB. Despite that literally being one of his major issues.
The buffs he got don't compensate the nerf he got for his out of lock game. Which needed to be addressed.
But i'd rather they added the crashing charge mix up in his kit with the nerf to the out of lock version.

Hormly
04-23-2019, 05:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5OQ67owHY0

Freeze did a great video breaking down all the issues with WL and his lousy FB, start the vid at around the 4:50 mark for a demonstration. The light after FB is blockable no matter what(for some reason) and the heavy after block is inconsistent, working against the old cast but against the new DLC heroes it is also blockable no matter what, making the move not only useless, but buggy.

bannex19
04-23-2019, 05:21 AM
I mean it's not totally useless, FB heavy is actually pretty good at baiting GB heavy opponents.

To be completely honest a guaranteed heavy on FB is not a good fix. FB shouldn't cost stamina and he should be able to move like BP, he should get the fb heal feat as well.

My hope for WL is feign heavy to light should be hyper armored and 400ms like zerk. In a more awesome rendition it also starts his headbutt stab combo.

In a fantasy world I'd like to see an unblockable move where he slams his shield on the opponent's feet with both hands (I just think it would look cool) preventing the opponent from dodging or moving for a similar duration to a blind or stun.

Hormly
04-23-2019, 05:36 AM
I have a problem with fullBLOCK stance only being useful when NOT used for blocking.

But who cares at this point, nothing will be done, games on its last stretch.

I dont even play anymore, guess im just bored

bannex19
04-23-2019, 07:54 AM
I have a problem with fullBLOCK stance only being useful when NOT used for blocking.

But who cares at this point, nothing will be done, games on its last stretch.

I dont even play anymore, guess im just bored

And water is wet. Why even bother posting this?

Tyrjo
04-23-2019, 09:28 AM
How to fix Warlord
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1889205-How-to-fix-Warlord

General
Chain Starters - Headbutt and attacks from Full Block and the Shield Counter can initiate chains.

Shield Counter
The Shield Counter can now wall splat, allowing for a side heavy attack to be landed.
The heavy attack after a shield counter is now an unblockable attack. This attack can be feinted as usual.

Full Block Stance
The heavy from Full Block Stance is now an unblockable if you blocked an attack, else its just a regular attack. A "light parry sound" is played if you blocked something that guarantees the heavy attack. This attack can be cancelled with the feint-button. Or soft feinted with Guardbreak. The heavy attack has lost its undodgeable property.

The light from Full Block Stance also stuns you opponent slightly. (Preferably with a shield slap ) This stun is not as damaging to the opponents stamina as the Shield Counter stun.

It is now possible to cancel out of the Full Block Stance with a headbutt.

Sweaty_Sock
04-23-2019, 04:37 PM
My understanding and experience is

The light is guaranteed if thrown immediately (its the headbutt stab animation rather than a light)
The heavy has a virtually non-existent GB window so can punish GB hard out
The light can be thrown also from FB if you want to just poke someone

Tyrjo
04-23-2019, 06:19 PM

The light is guaranteed if thrown immediately (its the headbutt stab animation rather than a light)

Most experienced players don't go for the GB though. They wait for your attack and parry it, that's why there needs to be other options out of the Full Block, and it is also why the heavy needs to be hard feintable or why not soft feintable into GB.

Hormly
04-24-2019, 05:40 AM

The light is not guaranteed off of blocking a light or blocking a heavy. And the light cannot be thrown from full block without blocking an attack.

but yes you can punish someone who tries to guard break you with the heavy but anyone with experience will just wait for you to stop blocking knowing this

Hormly
04-24-2019, 05:41 AM
How to fix Warlord
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1889205-How-to-fix-Warlord

General
Chain Starters - Headbutt and attacks from Full Block and the Shield Counter can initiate chains.

Shield Counter
The Shield Counter can now wall splat, allowing for a side heavy attack to be landed.
The heavy attack after a shield counter is now an unblockable attack. This attack can be feinted as usual.

Full Block Stance
The heavy from Full Block Stance is now an unblockable if you blocked an attack, else its just a regular attack. A "light parry sound" is played if you blocked something that guarantees the heavy attack. This attack can be cancelled with the feint-button. Or soft feinted with Guardbreak. The heavy attack has lost its undodgeable property.

The light from Full Block Stance also stuns you opponent slightly. (Preferably with a shield slap ) This stun is not as damaging to the opponents stamina as the Shield Counter stun.

It is now possible to cancel out of the Full Block Stance with a headbutt.

Excellent post.

Maybe in 10-16 months