PDA

View Full Version : My write up on a new debuff

Sneakly20
04-21-2019, 09:09 PM
So since everyone seems to be a creative spree Iím going to go ahead and put forth an idea of mine Iíve had for some time. Instead of a hero, this one is about a new debuff.

Shield piercer

We havenít really had an effect like this made in the game yet. This can be a feat or a passive trait for a hero of any sort that I think will bring something new to the table similar to how bullwark did for black prior.

Shield piercer has a yellow effect when the passive effect is played and even maybe a shield breaking sound ( similar to oathbreaker for BP)

It would have 3 main functions that would hopefully shakeup the fighting a little bit.

1. This effect can either do extra damage to shields ( given the move(s) itís a passive for) or it can bypass shields and go straight to health damage.

2. This will break hyper armor and stagger.
For example: if raider has this effect on his heavy and it lands BEFORE a zerk hyper armor heavy it would outright stop zerk stagger him and deal the damage. If raider heavies after zerk he will get hit and stopped.

This also stops feats like juggernaut, but has to be played smartly.

In the case of hyper armor vs hyper armor who ever has shield piercer would have to hit them first to avoid damage. Again if raider had a hyper armor heavy and had this effect vs a zerk armor heavy; raider would have to land his first to avoid the damage and stagger zerk. If he does not then Zerker hit him with full damage while raider hyper armor eats the heavy while his heavy finishes.

3. This also has an effect on revenge: it staggered the opponent in revenge but does can only do shield damage and the shield piercer bonus is NOT applied.

Thank you for reading. Short and sweet and to the point. Of course all of this can be changed as needed.

Knight_Raime
04-21-2019, 09:30 PM
It's certainly an interesting idea. As we don't really have an answer to armor based attacks. You kinda just block if possible and dodge to punish. If such an effect were to exist I think it would have to be HEAVILY relegated. Because if it's too widely accessible then armor's use becomes basically pointless. Personally I would suggest that you limit this to grab based moves and I suggest this for two primary reasons.

The first being the amount of people in the cast that have grab based attacks is very small. And second it would help further solidify grab based moves in their CC department. All grab based moves that currently exist already have decent counter play themselves. I'm making this statement purely based on the effects your new effect interactions against armor and revenge. I've nothing against the actual shields of the game (if you're referring to hero shields and not the shields you get from thinks like perks for feats.) Just seems niche ish to single out shield heros like that.

Sneakly20
04-21-2019, 09:47 PM
It's certainly an interesting idea. As we don't really have an answer to armor based attacks. You kinda just block if possible and dodge to punish. If such an effect were to exist I think it would have to be HEAVILY relegated. Because if it's too widely accessible then armor's use becomes basically pointless. Personally I would suggest that you limit this to grab based moves and I suggest this for two primary reasons.

The first being the amount of people in the cast that have grab based attacks is very small. And second it would help further solidify grab based moves in their CC department. All grab based moves that currently exist already have decent counter play themselves. I'm making this statement purely based on the effects your new effect interactions against armor and revenge. I've nothing against the actual shields of the game (if you're referring to hero shields and not the shields you get from thinks like perks for feats.) Just seems niche ish to single out shield heros like that.

The readily available thing is why I put up the idea for feats but I think grabs are best actually. As it doesnít limit the effect to 4s.

This is more of an affect to be aggressive on a read against hyper armor. Take zerk for example. If you had this effect on a heavy or grab and time it compared to zerk combo you can stagger him and give yourself a different option. This lets a hero be aggressive against hyper armor in a different way.

I am in fact talking about shields from feats and revenge. This affects both hyper armor and given shields.

Another point I forgot to make is that we actually have this effect from bashes. It stops hyperarmor iirc. But it stops there as revenge ignores bashes (except cent punch) during attacks.

I understand it has to be regulated but I need feedback for that , thatís why I made this thread while everyone is making up ideas.

Knight_Raime
04-21-2019, 10:09 PM
The readily available thing is why I put up the idea for feats but I think grabs are best actually. As it doesn’t limit the effect to 4s.

This is more of an affect to be aggressive on a read against hyper armor. Take zerk for example. If you had this effect on a heavy or grab and time it compared to zerk combo you can stagger him and give yourself a different option. This lets a hero be aggressive against hyper armor in a different way.

I am in fact talking about shields from feats and revenge. This affects both hyper armor and given shields.

Another point I forgot to make is that we actually have this effect from bashes. It stops hyperarmor iirc. But it stops there as revenge ignores bashes (except cent punch) during attacks.

I understand it has to be regulated but I need feedback for that , that’s why I made this thread while everyone is making up ideas.

So for clarification sake are you wanting this to be a new effect that would go in kits in some capacity? or are you wanting it to be a new feat/perk?

Sneakly20
04-21-2019, 10:56 PM
So for clarification sake are you wanting this to be a new effect that would go in kits in some capacity? or are you wanting it to be a new feat/perk?

I would like it to be implemented into kits. The how is what puzzles me.

Knight_Raime
04-21-2019, 11:11 PM
I would like it to be implemented into kits. The how is what puzzles me.

Ah. Well as I said i'd attach it to grapple based moves. Sorry I can't give more helpful feedback beyond that.

Sneakly20
04-21-2019, 11:17 PM
Ah. Well as I said i'd attach it to grapple based moves. Sorry I can't give more helpful feedback beyond that.

Iím not worried. Itís a new move that has a totally different application than what weíve seen. Itís my way of giving options and giving a counter that hasnít been used before. Iím sure new ideas will spring up as I think harder into it.

rottmeister
04-21-2019, 11:21 PM
Creative is one way to call my deluded mind, haha ^^

I like the idea but I don't really know how it'd be incorporated in heroes' kits. I could definitely see it as a feat though. Hmmmmmmm ...
The only way I could see it happening (being a part of a heroes' kit) is it being the gimmick of a new hero as it would most likely be bound to a second stance similar to Shaolin and Highlander. The moves in this stance would then have this effect, I guess? It's a tough one tbh.

EDIT: I just read Knight_Raime's idea to make it more of a thing for grapple based moves and that might be a better solution than what I've written above (it most likely is)

Knight_Raime
04-21-2019, 11:21 PM
I’m not worried. It’s a new move that has a totally different application than what we’ve seen. It’s my way of giving options and giving a counter that hasn’t been used before. I’m sure new ideas will spring up as I think harder into it.

I'd love to hear of your new ideas once you feel confident in posting them.

Sneakly20
04-21-2019, 11:49 PM
I'd love to hear of your new ideas once you feel confident in posting them.

I appreciate it. But this idea is up to be discussed as far as it can go. Maybe I can build on it later since Iím thinking more grapple based. I always say it as something on certain moves in the beginning. It was actually something that I originally gave pk way back as a way to deal with zerk, thatís why I also kept him as an example. Back then it was a backwards light that did like 10 damage but it stopped anything and everything it hit. But that was awhile ago.