PDA

View Full Version : Are there plans to fix the matchmaking anytime soon?

CoyoteXStarrk
04-21-2019, 01:24 PM
I have made this thread before to little avail, but here I am yet again.

I just got matched into a lobby where the highest level person on my team was me at level 38. My teammates were level 0, 17, and 8. The highest gear score was once again me at 45. Everyone else was in grey gear. Meanwhile the LOWEST level person on the other team was level 76. Everyone else was level 100+. The LOWEST gearscore on the enemy team was 112. And so I immediately closed the App. Again. This is not even CLOSE to being the first time that I have been forced into a losing match like this by your ridiculous matchmaking system. I would say that roughly 75% of the lobbies I am placed into are this way. Its become so common to me that now I regularly have the press L2 to make sure I have a decent team before I know whether I can even bother trying to play.

This is not acceptable. You are literally setting teams up to fail on a regular basis. There is not a single solitary chance in hell that a team like the one I was given was going to have even a SLIGHT chance at winning that match and yet you let it happen anyway. Where is your matchmaking criteria? Do you even have any? Or is it completely random?

There is absolutely no excuse for someone who is level zero playing the game for the first time to be placed into a match with someone who is level 100+ with max level gear.

MuscleTech12018
04-21-2019, 01:31 PM
They already stated matchmaking is ok now after the last update. So.. no hopes to be fixed anytime.

FlyinBeef
04-21-2019, 01:51 PM
In last stream they told that in season 10 (2 may) they will revert mm changes.

MuscleTech12018
04-21-2019, 01:54 PM
Exactly, that's how "skilled developers" rezolve theyr already ****ed up mistakes :)) by reverting to the old settings. Voila, problem solved, community stfu :))

Vakris_One
04-21-2019, 05:09 PM
Essentially the message from the developers is, "We're still working on it." Which is good that they know they need to improve it at least. But we could use more communication from them as to what exactly they are trying to do in order to improve the quality and wait times of matchmaking, what are the problems they are facing on their end and why their previous attempts at improving it are not working and in some cases actually making it worse?

UbiInsulin
04-21-2019, 07:09 PM
Essentially the message from the developers is, "We're still working on it." Which is good that they know they need to improve it at least. But we could use more communication from them as to what exactly they are trying to do in order to improve the quality and wait times of matchmaking, what are the problems they are facing on their end and why their previous attempts at improving it are not working and in some cases actually making it worse?

As Vakris says, they're still working on it. Multiple approaches have been tried recently. They're probably always going to be in some form or fashion, because it's a PvP-focused game.

Knight_Raime
04-21-2019, 08:01 PM
Personally I think it's a bad idea to perma exclude certain types of players from fighting others (except in situations like someone's hacking or w.e)
Especially on pc. As the population is much lower there. I do think that the system should TRY to find people in similar areas progression wise.
But we need to remember that Rep is only significant to a point.

I can tell you that I regularly fight with people who are 80 total rep or above who end up getting their butt handed to them by players around my rep (45) or lower.
Heck most rep 100+ people i've fought behave almost exactly like a newb would.

So while I feel you I think it's important to keep in mind that rep doesn't hold much importance the higher one's rep is.

EvoX.
04-21-2019, 08:59 PM
Imagine ''still working on'' the matchmaking of a 2-year-old, fully multiplayer game...