PDA

View Full Version : All Quests are gone - Will Savegames be fixed with Path on 25th April?

knuFaZ
04-21-2019, 05:06 AM
Hi there,

in the Patch-Notes for "Patch 01" is given the point "Fixed a rare issue, getting no further quests, after loading a savegame that has been created while a Newspaper was displayed."

I think i just managed to save under those conditions. I completed chapter 1 of the campaign but there are no further quests. The Questbook stays empty. That's why i wanted to ask wether the Patch will fix broken savegames or is it just to avoid those broken savegames for the next time saving the game when a newspaper article is displayed?

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2042150-Patch-01-Patch-Notes-April-25th-2019

Kind regards.

Humility925
04-21-2019, 06:48 AM
I don't know, but it's better chance to load saved game before problem when we get patch upgrade unless if they said it's won't work with old save, then we had to start over, but look bright side sometime start over make better with all you learn from mistake and do better start up building and easier layout next time new games, I guess.

Ubi-Wusky
04-21-2019, 07:09 AM
Hey knuFaZ, we'll make every effort to apply fixes to games already underway, if it so happens that he issue is still present on your savegame however the first thing we would need to recommend is a new save file.

Xan0010
04-21-2019, 07:25 AM
After the official release the game entered beta status / early access as all games do nowadays. Your save will not be fixed since its a beta savegame. So wait half a year and start your playthrough anew or play now and be prepared to start over again and again since the game is still a beta. The game may even never leave beta status entirely. But it was your choice to buy it when it entered beta status instead of waiting half a year.

Ubi-Wusky
04-21-2019, 07:51 AM
Hey Xan0010, the game is fully released :)

knuFaZ
04-22-2019, 06:51 PM
Thanks for all replies,

i just had to figure out, that the game does autosave in high frequency. Therefore i was able to go back to a savegame just 5 minutes before the point the game got broke. Lesson learned - I'll be closing newspaper articles before saving next time - which will be unneccesary with the upcoming patch too. All fine on my side.

It seems Xan0010 has a dismal view regarding the maturity of newly released games or even software in general. It wasn't my intend to start a general discussion about those kind of things. I tend to think, that it's a bug with a rather small impact.

thanks again for your fast answers.

regards

Humility925
04-23-2019, 01:13 AM
Yes, I think Xan0010 try to said game is fully released is still beta since had a bug here and there like common game released.

Ubi-Wusky
04-23-2019, 01:17 AM
I'm glad you got it sorted knuFaZ, I'll let the team know about saving with the newspaper open too :)