PDA

View Full Version : Perfect mode hangs system. After 6 frustrating days on my own (Help!)

AKA_TG
02-27-2005, 06:45 PM
Please help if you have similar system or solved similar problem.

Problem: Screen freezes after several minutes in Perfect mode, usually when things start heating up battle wise.

I have the following system

Gigabyte 915P DR1 DDr2 compatible MOBO
1MB Corsair memory DDR
3.6Ghx P4 560 3.6G/1M/800
Nvidia 6800 GT
Audigy II Zs
Segate 80 GB HD
Win XP with SP2

Perfect mode runs wonderfully for a few mins then locks up. No overclocking is being done. I also turned off sound in the IL2 setup and replaced Nvidia
with older drivers reaisnalled Dx 9c several times.

It seems to run stable in excellent (as far as I can tell) and I have run it in perfect mode for awhile too on line. I just cannot pin this one down and it is getting frustrating.

Im out of ideas

AKA_TG
02-27-2005, 06:45 PM
Please help if you have similar system or solved similar problem.

Problem: Screen freezes after several minutes in Perfect mode, usually when things start heating up battle wise.

I have the following system

Gigabyte 915P DR1 DDr2 compatible MOBO
1MB Corsair memory DDR
3.6Ghx P4 560 3.6G/1M/800
Nvidia 6800 GT
Audigy II Zs
Segate 80 GB HD
Win XP with SP2

Perfect mode runs wonderfully for a few mins then locks up. No overclocking is being done. I also turned off sound in the IL2 setup and replaced Nvidia
with older drivers reaisnalled Dx 9c several times.

It seems to run stable in excellent (as far as I can tell) and I have run it in perfect mode for awhile too on line. I just cannot pin this one down and it is getting frustrating.

Im out of ideas

EnGaurde
02-27-2005, 11:58 PM
methinks DX9c wont help you with opengl perfection.

run il2setup, and make sure your video card has been chosen in the list.

try backing the settings down till you get stable, then move one at a time and see what falls over.

stop all running programs, only run PF ie nothing in the system tray like quicktime / virus / realplayer etc.

dig further in these forums for more detailed help, but my advice is to try simple things first, then get complicated.

not the other way around.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

plumps_
02-28-2005, 07:20 AM
Could be overheating or power supply issues. Better go to the Community Support Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=frm&s=400102&f=49310655) and post your dxdiag.

ZG77_Lignite
02-28-2005, 09:10 AM
Mirrors turned on? Thats an old one that got a lot of people early on, however I don't know whether the issue has been corrected, improved, or unchanged.

johann63
02-28-2005, 10:59 AM
yeah it sounds suspect to me like an overheat issue. Your cpu fan and vcard fans running okay?

ElAurens
02-28-2005, 11:04 AM
Go to the conf.ini file in the root directory and scroll down and set:

water=0

trees=1

and see what happens.

ednew
02-28-2005, 06:07 PM
I would suggest posting your dxdiag in community help. Also include temps, cpu, mobo and vid card. Include make & model of psu as well.

AKA_TG
03-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Best I can tell this is a driver issue possibly with creative or it may be in the game, I wish I had a clue.
500 watt PS so no problem there.

I have been ablt to run this game for hours in perfect mode as long as I do not load certain missions until I load others first so that tells me its (possibly) a driver problem.

Im ready to yank this sound audigy II zs card out to see if it fixes things.

This crashing is so unpredictable I cannot even tie it down to anything.

If anyone knows how to send a report to Dxdiag or if there is any other support I could get ID appreciate it
Thanks

Cess-SGTRoc
03-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Ok, TG the first thing is to go in an change the ram to each others socket. And then fly and see if that helps. This will help see if there is a bad ram address in one of the chips. Also if you have the speed tweek turned on in the bios try turning them off and see. I have seen this before and it mostly was a slow or bad ram chip. Or because of the ram getting hot from the speed tweek that is not the bios. Can't remember the name of the setting yet but will look.
And I have seen where if you are playing online and this happens this will cause it.
Your Network card and video card and soundcard all on the same IRQ. Now I know it says that you can share but I have seen this cause lockups and dropouts. So if that is going on move the sound card around and see if you can get the opsystem to change the IRQ's. Do a check and see what IRQ's you are using on what and post.

Try these out and see if you get any better.

AKA_TG
03-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Excellent suggestion Cess SGTRoc
I havn't done the RAM change yet but I can say it is not a Creative problem.
I uninstalled creative Audigy II zs drivers yanked the sound card out and fired up the 7.1 compatible audio on the Mobo. Still can't run perfect reliably though it seems excellent will run ok.
Now I am trying to set water=0 and
So all that is left is to do the ram changeout.

I am not convinced this is a heat up problem with the GPU on the Nvidia card. When I alt tab out and check the GPU is between 72 and 76 degrees C and this is probably normal since the high end setpoint is 135 deg C.

Hopefully someone who has experienced my problem will come to the aid. Until then I keep on keeping on with it.

Currently using
Nvidia 61.03
after
and the drivers on the supplied CD.
All give same results.

At this point I think it is the game and not the card but its hard to tell.

LEXX_Luthor
03-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Water boils at 100C ??

AKA:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I have been ablt to run this game for hours in perfect mode as long as I do not load certain missions until I load others first so that tells me its (possibly) a driver problem. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
What missions?

Cess-SGTRoc
03-09-2005, 08:37 AM
LEXX_Luthor Yea, you are right, but these Intell 3.6 E modles run hot. LOL I can heat my room with it.
But I love the chip and boy do I get great output on my games in speed.
But you have to have a great cooling system.
AKA_TG I had to put a hole in the top of my case and put a fan discharging from that hole. When I did that the temps went way down and the heat issues went away. You may not be overheating in the setting sense, but you may be to hot for something else on the board. Try venting the case better like I did and see if that helps.

x6BL_Brando
03-09-2005, 08:53 AM
Do take this to the Comm. Help Forum, AKA...

lots of clever folk there to advise you on testing and tweaking yor rig http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sounds very like heating problem to me too.....try taking the side door off the case and blowing a house fan in. See how long you go without a CTD, compared to how it is now.

See you in the help forum http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif