PDA

View Full Version : Hints please?

mrlittleguy
01-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Despite the fact that when I started Uru I promised myself I would not look anything up, I'm completely stuck in all four ages and have been for a couple days now.

In Teledahn, I've gotten a few hands, got the elevator working, but I can't see what purpose the controls have or how to open the hatch where you start.

In Gahreesen, I can't get through the "level 2"(i guess) doors and I've found nothing in the 2nd building but a hand and notebooks. Both linking books seem to be useless.

In Kadish Tolera, I got past the first wheely puzzle, and I think i have the lights combination that matches up with the window but nothing seems to happen. Been very frustrated with this one.

And in the Edns, I've got all but one hand
which I can't seem to find anywhere. The only place which seems like it should have a purpose but doesn't is the caves...

Also I'm wondering, are the ages interlinked? I mean, do you have to do them in order or do something in one to affect another? (Excluding the Eden's which seem to be related.)

I'm sorry if I'm being picky, but I know if I try to find the answers I'll probably end up seeing too much. If anyone would give me some "hints" on where to look next I'd be very grateful.

mrlittleguy
01-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Despite the fact that when I started Uru I promised myself I would not look anything up, I'm completely stuck in all four ages and have been for a couple days now.

In Teledahn, I've gotten a few hands, got the elevator working, but I can't see what purpose the controls have or how to open the hatch where you start.

In Gahreesen, I can't get through the "level 2"(i guess) doors and I've found nothing in the 2nd building but a hand and notebooks. Both linking books seem to be useless.

In Kadish Tolera, I got past the first wheely puzzle, and I think i have the lights combination that matches up with the window but nothing seems to happen. Been very frustrated with this one.

And in the Edns, I've got all but one hand
which I can't seem to find anywhere. The only place which seems like it should have a purpose but doesn't is the caves...

Also I'm wondering, are the ages interlinked? I mean, do you have to do them in order or do something in one to affect another? (Excluding the Eden's which seem to be related.)

I'm sorry if I'm being picky, but I know if I try to find the answers I'll probably end up seeing too much. If anyone would give me some "hints" on where to look next I'd be very grateful.

dano83860
01-01-2004, 08:48 PM
ok Teledahn take a better look at the up stairs control panel also give the elevator another try.

Aminara
01-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Some ages are 'linked'. Your problem in Gahreesen is just that, think what other age might help you, what other age was mentioned? Look around there, you'll find what you need.

For the Eder's the hands are in out of the way places in both ages, once again, look around.

Don't ask me about Kadesh Tolesa, just finished it... in burnout.....

Good Luck!

mrlittleguy
01-01-2004, 09:00 PM
I did get to 3 floors with the elevator (if the top one is what you mean), but I guess I'll fiddle around with the control panel somemore, all it seems to do is stop and start the chairliftkindathingmadoodle, and turn on lights whose purpose i really need to find.

One thing about the control panel, the first time i hit one of the levers it went down and took about 5 or 10 seconds to come back up slowly. It hasn't happened again. Was that just a glitch?

J5892
01-01-2004, 09:01 PM
I'll try to give you a nudge for your problems.

1. On the controls in teledahn, there is one toggle switch and a lever that have nothing to do with the buckets.

2. You must explore Teledahn to finish Gahreesen.

3. The darkness will show you the way.

4. Fireflies

5. The only age that requires progress in another age is Gahreesen.

vesilund2
01-01-2004, 09:41 PM
1. In Kadish Tolesa, you have the lights combination that matches with "the window", as you put it. Check that window again: there is something in red which may help. Also, keep in mind the original book on Relto says that the key to the puzzles in Kadish is that you focus on what is hidden. (Even these hints weren't enough for me to figure out that room - it was really a tough nut to crack).

2. You haven't gotten far enough in one of the other ages to finish Gahreeson.

3. Teledahn - that switch wasn't a glitch - something HAS changed, but it might be hard to notice. Regarding the original hatch: it opens using a switch in another location - you have probably seen it without realizing it - look for something that indicates the same shape as the hatch itself.

4. The Eder worlds: We can't give you a hint about the last "hand" unless you can say which ones you DID find.

J5892
01-01-2004, 09:51 PM
he told us exactly which one he didn't find

dano83860
01-01-2004, 10:35 PM
One thing about the control panel, the first time i hit one of the levers it went down and took about 5 or 10 seconds to come back up slowly. It hasn't happened again. Was that just a glitch?

No it's not a glitch. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Now look for the switch j mentioned.

mrlittleguy
01-02-2004, 08:18 PM
Thanks a ton for the "hints" hehe... I still don't know what I did in Teledahn but I got the hatch open and (with a little help from whatshisface's cryptic poems) was able to complete Teledahn and eventually the rest of the ages..

Stupid stupid dark path thingy!!!
Stupid stupid always run!!! (fireflies don't stick well)

My only regret is that I never quite got the chance to shoot Shroomie...

jasontravis
01-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Auto run can be toggled off of left mouse button by turning off capslock.