PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Night-time

ChrisDavid_R
04-20-2019, 12:32 PM
Simple suggestion. Night-time mode. :cool:

The game feels like it has something missing without a day / night cycle and I think we should encourage the devs to add this in a future content update or DLC. I don't know about others, but I wouldn't mind paying for it.

I know that with a day / night cycle a handful of likely complex issues, such as when people work, when the streets are empty and when production stops, etc. But I honestly wouldn't mind if these things weren't affected, and it was just a simple button on the HUD that allows us to toggle night-time, or a continuous day / night cycle: essentially just adding some visual variety.

I am a first time Anno player - so I don't know if this is just the way Anno games are, but I think the game would look incredible in the night-time and I find it a shame that we can't see our empires at night.

Zmarti
04-20-2019, 12:49 PM
Support, this would be really cool! But mostly for the cities, not so much for managing all your stuff. Perhaps just a on/off switch as a cosmetic option.

Esandaar
04-20-2019, 01:56 PM
It's also something I've asked about in live streams a couple of times but couldn't get an answer to.

It used to exist in Anno 2070! You could build a Lighthouse, which would let you switch between four modes:
Day, Dusk, Dawn and Night.
Here's a video illustrating it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7OpZ-8R2jU

I loved that :)

It was purely cosmetic though, no gameplay implication whatsoever — which isn't a problem with me at all!

Although I guess you could have fewer fancy people wandering around, give them lanterns and mostly hover around the Pub, the Theater...

Tev163
04-21-2019, 06:03 AM
I do find it odd that there isn't a day/night cycle. This game engine is the same one that was used for Anno 2205 iirc, which featured a spectacular dynamic day and night cycle that you could let play, fast forward, or pause.

It would be great if such a feature was implemented again. It gave us the ability to take some truly beautiful screenshots of future our cities at whatever time of day we desired. Imagine the possibilities for 1800!