PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] The islands are too small.

Improvis0
04-20-2019, 02:14 AM
By the tier 5 the island is too crowded with all the buildings and looks awful ,we need to be able to choose the island size in sandbox, and just make them bigger by default . That's it. Thx:rolleyes:

Zmarti
04-20-2019, 11:54 AM
You can choose the island size in sandbox. But apart from that, the island are fairly big. By tier 5 you have to move a lot of your industry off your main island. You can transfer the workforce so that's not a problem. Ideally (what I've done at least twice in anno 1404), you have an island just with houses and buildings for residents, and all your goods are imported from other islands.

Humility925
04-20-2019, 12:45 PM
New world island is indeed too small, even my map size set very larges.

Trebonianus0815
04-20-2019, 07:02 PM
Quote from Zmarti:
You can choose the island size in sandbox. But apart from that, the island are fairly big. By tier 5 you have to move a lot of your industry off your main island. You can transfer the workforce so that's not a problem. Ideally (what I've done at least twice in anno 1404), you have an island just with houses and buildings for residents, and all your goods are imported from other islands.

I guess,at least with me, small or in our opinion to small islands are not a game play problem, like it's too difficult, it is a visual, a design "problem".

See I like to have vast cities with museum, zoo and parks, then an industrial quarter, farmland at the edge. I respect that some folks like the puzzle and logistic part and of course I don't ask for one "super" island on which everything is growing, just more plain grassland. Just a option for larger (and fewer) islands.

Humility925
04-20-2019, 10:28 PM
Yep, nice to had more room while tiny island is useless, there is no way you could build in tiny island with positive balance money up like that, it's go in to negative balance if you setter on tiny island, you need village/town to supply workforce, it's not like old anno where you could pop factory or production without house.

Rondos
04-21-2019, 01:37 PM
Islands too small, interface too big. I think there was an internal communication problem?

Improvis0
04-22-2019, 12:16 AM

They are still too small,I don't wanna have main island crowded with same looking houses,at tier 5 and not having farms around ,like rural area,factory place around where all related to factories,and many people agree with this.

Ch0ky98
04-22-2019, 12:34 PM
Yesterday i played together with a friend, and forgot to change the world size, then we had 4-5 HUGE islands on a small map, you had so much space to Build!
You could also try to choose the ''Random'' Tag for the Map when you start a new Game, islands tend to be larger there, you don't have as many islands, but they are so much larger.