PDA

View Full Version : The game doesn't run anymore

TioChuckZ
04-20-2019, 01:51 AM
Hi, I think I need some help

My game is no longer running, I simply cant open it.
I can see it starting on task manager, but then it turns to the initial black screen before UbiSoft logo and then it crashes.

What I've tried already:
- I've verifyied the game files
- I've reinstalled the game
- I've moved the instalation to another HD
- I've ran on administrator mode
- I've updated NVIDIA Drivers
- I've reinstalled Visual C++
- Now I'm downloading it again...

Earlier today I was playing the game normally, without any problems. Nothing changed on my PC since then.

Btw, my AC Odyssey is running fine... so I think its not a problem related to my uPlay app.

My specs:
- i7 4790k
- 16 Gb RAM
- GTX 970

Thank you.

Humility925
04-20-2019, 02:09 AM
Could you please shut down computer and check graphics card card, make sure no duct is in way, then boot up computer, and try from there? Check graphics card fan is still running? Or simple restart computer and see if that work?

Did you running anti-malware, Antivirus, if two program, it's won't work well,
Try turn off window defender to see if that work? Allow firewall for anno 1800?

TioChuckZ
04-20-2019, 02:46 AM
Could you please shut down computer and check graphics card card, make sure no duct is in way, then boot up computer, and try from there? Check graphics card fan is still running? Or simple restart computer and see if that work?

Did you running anti-malware, Antivirus, if two program, it's won't work well,
Try turn off window defender to see if that work? Allow firewall for anno 1800?

It's not a hardware problem, I'm sure.
As I said, earlier today I was playing the game fine (I have 35 hours accumulated on it). And RIGHT NOW I can play any other game on my PC, including any other uPlay game, like AC Odyssey, The Crew 2 and The Division 2.

It must be something with Anno 1800 only, but I dont know what. The game starts and then it crashes on that first black loading screen.

Windows defender was already turned off and I use only Kaspersky.
Anno is already allowed on firewall.

I have reinstalled the game twice (from zero) and uPlay once. The problem persists.

Ubi-Orion
04-20-2019, 06:08 AM
Hey TioChuckz! Welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing these crashes all of a sudden. Would you be able to try launching the game after performing a clean boot (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows) to see if the issue occurs after doing so? If it does can you head here (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/) to create or update an existing support case to attach your msinfo and DxDiag (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000026442/) files so we can take a look?

Feadulin
04-20-2019, 06:12 AM
It's not a hardware problem, I'm sure.
As I said, earlier today I was playing the game fine (I have 35 hours accumulated on it). And RIGHT NOW I can play any other game on my PC, including any other uPlay game, like AC Odyssey, The Crew 2 and The Division 2.

It must be something with Anno 1800 only, but I dont know what. The game starts and then it crashes on that first black loading screen.

Windows defender was already turned off and I use only Kaspersky.
Anno is already allowed on firewall.

I have reinstalled the game twice (from zero) and uPlay once. The problem persists.

Can you disable Kaspersky just long enough to see if it will load? I know there are reports that just making an exception did not allow the game or save file to load. It would also cause crashing. It will not be a solution because most of us want our game to run with our antivirus but it will at least let you know if that is where the problem lies.

Humility925
04-20-2019, 06:14 AM
That's unfortunate, I'm sorry I'm unable gave any new idea or recall my memory to solve this issues.

TioChuckZ
04-20-2019, 05:18 PM
Hey TioChuckz! Welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing these crashes all of a sudden. Would you be able to try launching the game after performing a clean boot (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows) to see if the issue occurs after doing so? If it does can you head here (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/) to create or update an existing support case to attach your msinfo and DxDiag (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000026442/) files so we can take a look?

Thank you for your response, Orion

I tried to launch the game after a clean Windows boot as you said, but it didnt worked for me.
So I just submited the msinfo and dxdiag files you requested...

I just hope we get this solved as soon as possible, because I need this game for work, can't wait much longer... :(

TioChuckZ
04-21-2019, 02:07 PM
I'm still waiting a response...

Bhoodaah
04-22-2019, 06:08 PM
+1

I upvote the post, because I have the same issue : Everything was fine then it's gone !

TioChuckZ
04-23-2019, 12:16 AM
I really appreciate all the ubisoft efforts to help me on this case, but we already did A LOT of things to resolve the problem and sadly it persists...
I dont want to format my PC, but looks like this is the only solution (or not, what could be even worst...)

TioChuckZ
04-23-2019, 03:22 AM
Ubisoft dont knows how to fix it, thats my final conclusion.
And as I said, I appreciate the efforts on trying to help me, but nothing worked. And looks like formating the PC will not work as well.
So there is nothing that can be done except by wait for some patch.

Bhoodaah
04-24-2019, 10:13 AM
I just reupvote the post, since nothing changed.

TioChuckZ
04-25-2019, 08:54 PM
I just formatted my computer, installed all drivers and Anno 1800, and GUESS WHAT?!

The game doesnt start! Jesus Christ... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Slow84
04-26-2019, 07:40 AM
Hello

I have absolutly the same problem as Tio

I also formatted the pc. All drivers are up to date. Defender off. Virus Scan Off. Page File large. Game files ok. started as admin. and so on. All I could found on the net already testet. It worked fine for 20h. Now black screen after lunch. Minimum system hardware checked.

I have no other idea. Already open a service request. Until now no response.

:mad: :mad::mad:

Please help the guys who cant start the game!

TioChuckZ
04-26-2019, 02:57 PM
I THINK I FOUND THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM

I just tested the game using a friend account and the game worked normally!!
When I switch back to my account, the error happens again...

So it IS something with my account and nothing else. Its not a hardware problem, and its not a influence of any other software installed on my computer.

Maybe a corrupted save file storaged on cloud?

Again, its NOT a local problem... I've tried to run the game without any save file on my computer and it dont worked. But running the game in the same condition logged into my friend account worked.

So there is it Ubisoft, I think you just need to fix it now :)

TioChuckZ
04-26-2019, 03:15 PM
Ok, there is something REALLY bizarre:

Another friend of me tried to run the game on his computer using MY account and it WORKED.

So look at what we have now:

1. My game doesnt works on my computer with my account.
2. My game works on my computer with my friends account (I have tested with two friends accounts).
3. My friend can play the game on his computer with my account.

It doesnt make any sense for me.

Bhoodaah
04-26-2019, 05:28 PM
Totally weird.
But it proves that we cannot do anything from our side

Bhoodaah
04-26-2019, 05:31 PM
Did you try to play the game with your friend's account on YOUR Pc ? xD

RoyRosa
04-26-2019, 07:25 PM
the game is stuttering a lot after a few minutes of play; i'm only getting this after the new patch. the patch broke the game entirely;

Durrty388
04-26-2019, 10:37 PM
I never came across any problems with Anno 1800 game prior to current patch. Followed the "steps" but the only conclusion is to be with-in latest patch. Unplayable with no error code. Data is being sent to your team, so I'm trying to understand the need to go out of my way to give you anything else. More people are bringing up this issue and nothing is stating this team is working on a solution from your end...

Bhoodaah
04-30-2019, 09:15 AM
OK guys, I spotted the issues and I "fixed" it

It was a corrupt cloud-save.

I just have to desactivate the cloud save, delete the save in the Ubisoft folder, and it seems to be ok now.

https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/04/anno-1800-corrupt-cloud-save-prevents-game-from-starting.html

Let's try this, maybe it'll work for you.

NB : of course, I lost my save, but at this point, I don't care.

Ubi-Trippn
04-30-2019, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the information Bhoodaah,
That seems to be the consensus, I'll pass it along to the development team.

Jim_____Beam
05-02-2019, 04:28 PM
I have the same problem, game crashed while loading a save and doesnt start again. I followed the guide linked by Bhoodaah but still i cant get past the black screen when launchig the game. It just throws me back to u play and brings a stupid message like "Oh no the game crashed". I also tried to delete the whole Anno 1800 folder in the documents folder, restartet PC several times, nothing works.

Theezan
05-04-2019, 07:33 AM
OK guys, I spotted the issues and I "fixed" it

It was a corrupt cloud-save.

I just have to desactivate the cloud save, delete the save in the Ubisoft folder, and it seems to be ok now.

https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/04/anno-1800-corrupt-cloud-save-prevents-game-from-starting.html

Let's try this, maybe it'll work for you.

NB : of course, I lost my save, but at this point, I don't care.

I followed your guide and now it works!
It seems that if i reactivate the cloud save, the problem reappears.
So I'm playing with cloud save deactivated (and with DX11).
Thank you!