PDA

View Full Version : ACU: stuck on splash screen

shazam0303
04-19-2019, 12:38 PM
Hi,

I installed the game yesterday and i'm having alot of trouble to even start it.
I've looked a bit on the internet and found this topic.
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/984398-PC-ACU-Troubleshooting-Guide-And-Possible-Solutions
I've tried everything that's on it but still can't start the game.
I'm stuck on a rectangle uplay loading screen if i start the game normaly.
I'm stuck on the ACU splash screen when i start it with admin rights.
EIther way, i never got an error, or a crash message. The .exe just keeps running but nothing happens. When i try to stop it though, it closes the window but i have to shutdown the process with task manager.

I've tried to:

-Delte ACU.exe and then verify game files through uplay.
- Disable any AV/ overclocking programs as i have none. (i've closed the Nvdia Gefore experience just in case)
- Tried to stop any program from booting with the computer starting
- Tried to reinstall DX and VCRedist from the support/software part of the game's files
- Checked i had .Net framework installed (i got 4.0 already)
- Disable Overlay in Uplay (couldn't find the voice chat option to do so though)
- Use a new admin session

My pc spec:

I5-6600K 3.5 GHz
Ram 16 Go
GC: Geforce GTX 1060 3Gb
Drives: 1 SSD with windows and Uplay
1 SSD with my games and ACU (i can't install ACU on the windows drive, i got no space. I've tried to install uplay on the same drive than the game, doesn't work either)

What can i do next?
Thanks in advance,

Shaz

EDIT: updated what i've done

shazam0303
04-19-2019, 05:32 PM
I managed to start the game, i had to copy it on another drive. It's working.
I tried to put it back on my SSD since i want to reduce the loading times, but then, i can't start it.
I'm kinda doomed to play the game installed on my HD instead of the new SSD, but hey, at least it's working...
I'm going to investigate a bit on why it doesn't start, if it's because the game is on an hard drive, or for another reason.

UbiCosmos
04-20-2019, 01:37 AM
I managed to start the game, i had to copy it on another drive. It's working.
I tried to put it back on my SSD since i want to reduce the loading times, but then, i can't start it.
I'm kinda doomed to play the game installed on my HD instead of the new SSD, but hey, at least it's working...
I'm going to investigate a bit on why it doesn't start, if it's because the game is on an hard drive, or for another reason.

Glad to hear that you got it working! :) You can also reach out to our Support Team (https://support.ubi.com/en-US) and they can look into this for you, as well as offer possible solutions.

shazam0303
04-20-2019, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the answer, i contacted support to see if they can help.
After playing on different games with a SSD having to play on a HD is kinda hard. I didn't remember 30s loading screen beeing so painful