PDA

View Full Version : For those of us who won't pvp...

Ladyhawke773
04-19-2019, 11:04 AM
I understand that balance is top priority atm for you guys and that's great but at the same time it would be nice if you could assign a person or two to creating things to make continuing to play while you work on things still fun.I llove running around in this game. The attention to detail you've put into dc is absolutely amazing. So i'm good with meandering around doing this and that but i'm at the point now where there isn't really any REASON to. From what i can tell-since i don't pvp and no amount of pressure from game devs can convince me to-my gear is pretty much stuck how it will be for the foreseeable future. There's no character progression on the horizon that i can tell. No new areas or parts to the story. So it would be great if there were some reason to pursue and find all the neat hidden things you guys have stuck in the game. Like a complete hunter outfit for finding all the hunters. A poopypants hotel t-shirt. An owl backpack ornament or a stuffed tiger for Emmeline. Etc. Give those of us who just want to enjoy a games content without having to deal with toxicity a reason to keep playing :)

medicnick83
04-29-2019, 12:19 PM
When I PVP - I don't seem to encounter any toxicity - I don't have the VOIP enabled - the 'general' chatter is disabled.
I get killed by 1 rogue, I spawn far away and carry on.
By 4 or even 3, I spawn far away and try again.
If it happens AGAIN - then I leave the DZ and try another or I just go do something else.

I would love more content - I've been playing since day 1 and I feel like I"m already tired of doing all the missions over and over and over.
Even Conflict is boring because there is various meta's for that and tactics and if you can't get a team together that plays the same game, then you will always loose.

Survival (PVE) would be great about now :)

[Edited by Ubi-RealDude for Inappropriate Language]

VR_tjmitchem
04-29-2019, 12:50 PM
Survival (PVE) would be great about now :)

Or the original Underground :)

Squirrelrabbit
04-29-2019, 08:34 PM
Cant understand why anyone would play division without doing pvp . I mean what do you do repeat the missions over and over again to test your skills against the NPC AI lol ?

brightrln
04-29-2019, 10:18 PM
Cant understand why anyone would play division without doing pvp . I mean what do you do repeat the missions over and over again to test your skills against the NPC AI lol ?

Well we could say the same about pvp. Let's just assume some people like pvp, and some others don't. Everyone can be satisfied with a different content.

HecticSlaughter
04-30-2019, 11:33 AM
first: i respect your play-style [PVP]
second: i think you want to deal with toxicity or sorry by saying this no offense lets say, if you wanna do same as they do to you [toxicity] have it your way dude good luck with that because i am tired of PVP in TD1 and TD2

FourthVariety
04-30-2019, 12:00 PM
If a person is playing the game for half an hour already and is then shouting angrily at people in the dark zone, then we have a problem with the game evoking the wrong emotions. In that moment the game has failed to put the player in a mindset that is constructive to positive experiences within that game. We often blame the players for carrying their toxicity into the game, but have we ever asked which role the game plays in keeping that toxicity high enough to shout at other players over long periods of time? Movies often switch moods on a heel twice inside 10 minutes, but games are somehow not to blame if players are angry for hours?

What happened to games you start playing angry and that put a smile on your face?

I am not against PvP, I have fun playing PvP in some games. But there are other games in which PvP not only serves to bring out the worst in people, but is peppered with mechanics that are designed to keep players angry. Sure, some players are toxic upon entering a game, but games can also have an infectious toxicity and I am sorry to say, but the Dark Zone is one of these games. If you can play it then sure, have fun there, but making it a requirement to play, because a developer thinks that people learn to have fun there, if they are only exposed to it long enough is a terrifying thought and a straight up abusive towards the playerbase.

In that regard the original poster is right in asking Ubisoft to make an investment into positive emotions. Any game holds up upon release, but if it becomes emotionally draining, then why bother engaging with it. Do you really filter for players that are essentially dead inside with depression, desire an utterly emotionally devastating game they only escape by regularly buying loot boxes?

Gulch69
04-30-2019, 07:04 PM

I don't need to "test my skills" at all. I know exactly what my build is capable of. But hey if you feel you have to test your build, then more power to ya.