PDA

View Full Version : Everything wrong with 500ms lights

Sweaty_Sock
04-19-2019, 06:53 AM
Everyone is the same. Every defense mechanic works across the board.

Standardization is great for truck maintenance but when you are talking about making A counter B regardless of who threw it, how, when, where or how,... this game is becoming stale and boring

Assassins being beaten out by tanks, HA out the wazooo, crushing counter on anything new thats not an assassins...

Game is being dumbed down, and its getting to painful levels

EDIT: and the irony is that the counter to this is to turtle.. the very thing its supposed so stop. I can't play aggressive anymore. I wait for my 'window' and then do the correct input.

Knight_Raime
04-19-2019, 07:13 AM
homogenization is a fair concern. But the problem is the game originally stated out with widely different attributes, mechanics, and the like and things were a LOT more imbalanced than they are now.
In fact FH right now is the most balanced it's ever been. This problem wouldn't feel so prevalent if the game itself had more depth to it. But when you release a hero like Black prior who literally only gets 2 hit combos...well. Things are bound to feel shallow.

Turtling has always been and will always be the strongest way to go until the devs actually address how easy it is to defend one's self.

Sweaty_Sock
04-19-2019, 07:52 AM
homogenization is a fair concern

Gone from concern to standardization - you used to learn who were fighting, now you only learn who you are playing.

Dont get me wrong, i'm probably outvoted on this, just its a sad sight for me to see personal flair die in favor of a meta

IRostiI
04-19-2019, 12:40 PM
In fact FH right now is the most balanced it's ever been.

Mh. I don't think so.

Vakris_One
04-19-2019, 12:43 PM
Please explain how 500ms are a "meta" homogenisation problem rather than a modernisation update to the game's archaic light attack system?

And without using the argument that a dead piece of kit (aka 600ms lights) adds "personal flair" (aka gifting parries to the opponent) to the game.

Sweaty_Sock
04-19-2019, 12:52 PM
Please explain how 500ms are a "meta" homogenisation problem rather than a modernisation update to the game's archaic light attack system?

And without using the argument that a dead piece of kit (aka 600ms lights) adds "personal flair" (aka gifting parries to the opponent) to the game.

All characters attack the same. This makes all parry windows the same. This makes all responses the same.

Knight_Raime
04-19-2019, 01:17 PM
Mh. I don't think so.

It's alright to be wrong. Bruh (:
Tho I am curious on when you think it was.
Just for giggles.

Vakris_One
04-19-2019, 01:36 PM
All characters attack the same. This makes all parry windows the same. This makes all responses the same.
For light attacks you may have a point but parry windows and responses for heavy attacks, soft feints, unblockables and bashes are not all the same. There's enough variety there that you're not an expert versus the entire roster just because you've memorised the timings of 1 or 2 characters.

With light attacks there's an argument to be made there once they all become either 400ms or 500ms. But there's two things worth noting about this.

Firstly, there's just no way that keeping 600ms lights is a good thing. 600ms is a guarranteed parry on reaction for most experienced players. There is no chance that a 500ms muscle memory will lead you astray more than once at best because 600ms is very reactable. Secondly, the developers have strongly hinted that they are working on allowing for smaller milisecond increments such as 20ms, 30ms, 50ms and such. When they can find a way to make that happen then the potential issue of light attacks being the same is solved.

Sweaty_Sock
04-19-2019, 01:44 PM
For light attacks you may have a point but parry windows and responses for heavy attacks, soft feints, unblockables and bashes are not all the same. There's enough variety there that you're not an expert versus the entire roster just because you've memorised the timings of 1 or 2 characters.

With light attacks there's an argument to be made there once they all become either 400ms or 500ms. But there's two things worth noting about this.

Firstly, there's just no way that keeping 600ms lights is a good thing. 600ms is a guarranteed parry on reaction for most experienced players. There is no chance that a 500ms muscle memory will lead you astray more than once at best because 600ms is very reactable. Secondly, the developers have strongly hinted that they are working on allowing for smaller milisecond increments such as 20ms, 30ms, 50ms and such. When they can find a way to make that happen then the potential issue of light attacks being the same is solved.

Don't get me wrong, the issue is lights im talking about. 600ms should be phased out. The only argument I have against it is on some character (namely recenly for nobu) is that its pointless. If devs look at her they should look at something else first (different thread though, we can all yell at each other there over nobu lights)

I like raimes idea of delaying... if you could hold light (no more damage) but vary if through the increments you mentioned this could be good