PDA

View Full Version : PK- Honest feedback

Sweaty_Sock
04-19-2019, 06:50 AM
Her dodge attacks need the undodgable trait..

IAmOddGirl
04-19-2019, 02:39 PM
She is really powerful right now on console though. I use her alot in 4v4s and 1v1s when I'm not playing Lawbringer or Raider. Don't do it unless it's closer to a deflect time and it's more viable. Certain heroes are more difficult to do that too, but then you just have to play a little different.

Sweaty_Sock
04-19-2019, 02:56 PM
She is really powerful right now on console though. I use her alot in 4v4s and 1v1s when I'm not playing Lawbringer or Raider. Don't do it unless it's closer to a deflect time and it's more viable. Certain heroes are more difficult to do that too, but then you just have to play a little different.

Its the tracking/distance I want :)

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
04-19-2019, 05:43 PM
I'd like to see her counter attack have a faint. It would catch people off guard by baiting the baiter.

Ubiflowessence
04-19-2019, 06:37 PM
Thank you guys for sharing your feedback and suggestions on Peacekeeper! Out of curiosity, if some of these suggestions were to be implemented with PK, how do you think she will fair against other warriors in the game?

Does everyone else agree with adding tracking/distance to Peacekeeper or would like to share your own ideas?

Goat_of_Vermund
04-20-2019, 01:14 AM
A dagger cancel option on dodge attacks would be nice. Among lots of other things of course, she is a very weak character (if you compare her to berserker, her lack of strenght glares at you).

Sweaty_Sock
04-20-2019, 01:30 AM
A dagger cancel option on dodge attacks would be nice. Among lots of other things of course, she is a very weak character (if you compare her to berserker, her lack of strenght glares at you).

I've been playing her a fair bit & she is stronger than given credit for (no S tier though)

The two things i'd like are

1) Option to charge the dagger cancel for more damage/different timing, maybe even allow a feint (given the stammina this would all burn through don't see why not) . If you soft feint a top heavy you are parried on the same timings (now for a light parry :S )
2) Undodgable side attacks - this is two part
a) They have a tiny reach & have been missing for mne on correct timings, also if two characters dodge attack (PK and somone else) at the same time PK often loses as they slip her baby t-rex arms
b) the didstance closing property of the undodgable would give another engage option other than the suicidal top leap

Goat_of_Vermund
04-20-2019, 08:52 PM
I've been playing her a fair bit & she is stronger than given credit for (no S tier though)

1) Option to charge the dagger cancel for more damage/different timing, maybe even allow a feint (given the stammina this would all burn through don't see why not) . If you soft feint a top heavy you are parried on the same timings (now for a light parry :S )
a) They have a tiny reach & have been missing for mne on correct timings, also if two characters dodge attack (PK and somone else) at the same time PK often loses as they slip her baby t-rex arms
b) the didstance closing property of the undodgable would give another engage option other than the suicidal top leap

That is actually a very good idea. What I might add that both the charged and noncharged is unblockable if the opponent is bleeding.

BabaJaga.
04-21-2019, 02:42 AM
Or just slow enemy attacks or reduce damage of enemy when they bleed.
When bleed is applied they are wounded.

Redshift_Echo
09-05-2019, 06:29 PM
Hello everybody! I enjoy playing many characters but for some reason I keep coming back to PK, I love her thematically and would like to see her brought up to speed with the newer characters and all the updates being done to the older ones.

Please accept my apologies if any of these have been mentioned before. Let's get right into it.

Her Dagger Cancel / feign is undoubtedly one of her most iconic abilities. If we could have choice as to which direction this comes out, much like the Shaman can do, this would help PK greatly. Knowing it can only ever come from the top guard is a painfully easy way to punish her, which is especially harsh due to her inherent squishiness.

Another thing that would help PK immensely, would be to allow feints from her dodge attacks (preferably from all three, but *at least* the side dodges). This could look something like Shaolin's Qi stanced side heavies, and would be icing on the cake if this could have the undodgeable property too! Thematically speaking, she's supposed to be a nimble and agile fighter, and it doesn't seem to make sense to me why she wouldn't be able to feint something like that, given her small weapon loadout and trickster mentality. This will enable her to have a whole lot more freedom in her attacks, and would prevent easy baits from opponents, which feels horribly outdated and particularly punishing when you're on the receiving end.

We have also seen a few suggestions for some kind of bonus to having bleeds on the opponent. Something like a damage reducing modifier would help her squishiness, would increase the incentive to having bleeds on opponents, would solidify her theme as the bleed master, and would make the bleeds feel like less of a straight up nerf, from all of the damage front-loaded characters. This doesn't seem like much of a stretch, as characters like the Nobushi has higher damage to bleeding characters, and Shaman has extra heals and her sweet sweet jump / neck bite.

Lastly, if possible, an unblockable of some sort would help her open up opponents and initiate combat. Currently, it really feels unsafe for her to attack first. Given that all of the newer characters have strong unblockables, and a very large number of the older ones too, this would help to bring her in line with the current times, and would really help out with being able to deal with turtles, prevent herself from needing to turtle, and to lessen staring matches and stalemates.

All in all I love that you guys are still providing updates and genuinely seem to care about keeping your game balanced, it truly is a breath of fresh air when there are soooo many accounts these days of developers ignoring their players.

Thank you for your time and stay awesome!

DeamonXII
09-05-2019, 07:50 PM

I wonder why this guy got banned

Goat_of_Vermund
09-05-2019, 11:38 PM
Maybe he added something to her pk that made her indeed powerful (because she is not).

AlphawolfyUP
09-06-2019, 01:35 AM

I can agree with all of this, its about time PK got some love. Shes who I've wanted to put more time into for so long, yet has always been too painful to play.

Vakris_One
09-06-2019, 02:14 AM
I can agree with all of this, its about time PK got some love. Shes who I've wanted to put more time into for so long, yet has always been too painful to play.
Both of those suggestions wouldn't do a thing to improve PK's viability though.

1) A chargeable dagger cancel is pointless without it a) being made unblockable so that it forces a reaction and b) having hyper armour to protect the fully charged version from being stuffed on reaction by a light attack. But even with those two things addressed the fundamental problem will still exist, which is that the dagger cancel only ever comes out from the same direction.

A more viable suggestion would be to allow PK to use her dagger cancel in any direction like Shaman can. This way PK would have a decently viable mixup for her dagger cancels without being easily predictable or having to deal with being stuffed out of charging an attack which leaves her incredibly vulnerable for no good reason.

2) This suggestion again misses the real core problem, which is that the tracking and speed of PK's dash attacks are really bad. Giving them an undodgeable property is like putting a new coat of paint on top of rotting wood. The foundation is still going to be in a horrible state.

A better suggestion would be to increase the speed and tracking of her dash attacks so that they are on par with other assassins. Then she would have no problems in catching her opponents when the opportunity presents itself.