PDA

View Full Version : Launch time is terrible Ubisoft

Kinslayer1447
04-19-2019, 04:45 AM
Look, I'm not one to normally come on and slam a developer. I get it making a game isn't easy. Bugs are introduced as old ones are taken out.

Balance changes people don't like / understand happen.

All that bieng said though...It just took me 10 minutes, 58.26 seconds to load your game from the time I hit Play in the launcher. Before that last patch this was maybe a max of 2-3 minutes total. Honestly if it wasn't for the fact I was timing it to find out how long it took I would have just gone and played another game. Nobody wants to wait 10+ minutes for a game to open up.

And before you come and say I must be playing on an old rig

CPU - i7-8700k @ 3.7
Nvidia 1080
16 GB 2666
DX12
According to Nvidia their latest drivers as well

Sure I'm not cutting edge tech and blowing people of the water here, but 11 minutes to open the game is just ridiculous, and then I died while typing this and it was nearly 5 minutes before I could even choose to go to a safe house to respawn, and once I could choose the safe house it was another 90 seconds for that to load.

While it's not "unplayable" it's as close as you can get at this point. You need to figure out whatever it is you broke with the load times and fix cause people will simply choose another game that does not take 10+ minutes to load.

NLxAROSA
04-19-2019, 08:03 AM
Loading times are crap, not just on the PTS but also on the regular game. It's not our systems either, I checked the task manager and my system is literally doing nothing while it waits, so assuming it's something on the other side of the network.

Demonic66666
04-19-2019, 08:52 AM
I've been working away this week and got home yesterday. Last night I killed the game twice during loading because I thought it had hung, it's that bad.

WTF happened while I was away coz it was fine last week? I thought I'd launched Anthem by mistake.

eminussleepus
04-19-2019, 01:29 PM
Launch time is long
connecting is long

this is even installed in an SSD

Ubi-RealDude
04-19-2019, 08:44 PM
Loading times are crap, not just on the PTS but also on the regular game. It's not our systems either, I checked the task manager and my system is literally doing nothing while it waits, so assuming it's something on the other side of the network.

Thanks for the clarification on where this is happening. Based on the forum I want to assume this is something that's occurring on both versions, but specifications are always appreciated.

NLxAROSA
04-19-2019, 09:24 PM
Just to clarify a bit more, this is when booting up the game and when going from main menu into the game itself. Loading times when in the game are fine (on my end anyway).

NaClyDog
04-20-2019, 06:31 PM

Thanks for the clarification on where this is happening. Based on the forum I want to assume this is something that's occurring on both versions, but specifications are always appreciated.

NLxAROSA is correct that it is a server side or coding issue, not a user side issue. Task manager, CleanMem Mini Monitor, etc show on the user end that its not a bottleneck we can correct. CPU, GPU, and RAM are all being used minimally while loading the game from Uplay to character select, as well as character select to in game.

Specific numbers aren't needed from the player base for you to investigate this. I have yet to find a player that says they dont experience long load times into the game. You must as well, especially if you leave your office and attempt to load in from your personal pc.

Demonic66666
04-21-2019, 10:08 PM

No offense intended but do you even play your own game? I don't know anyone who hasn't seen a huge increase in load times after the last patch.

NLxAROSA
04-21-2019, 10:15 PM
No offense intended but do you even play your own game? I don't know anyone who hasn't seen a huge increase in load times after the last patch.

Might be some differences across platforms and/or regions.

Gorr3D
04-22-2019, 06:28 AM
I sometimes forget that I clicked the game to start, and go do something else.

When I am back from a long walk or bike ride, game is at "75% loaded" so I still have some time to take a shower and eat something.

F.i.x.e.r
04-23-2019, 04:05 AM
When I double click the icon on the desktop of my PC, after the Easycheat screen i just get.my desktop for the longest time followed by a black screen for another long time, no warning screen and then into AMD and Snowdrop screens, then longer than usual connecting screen. Once finally into the menu screen, it is normal, sometimes short, sometimes long load into the game, depending on number of player logging on I guess.

I can also confirm as already stated, this applies to both PTS and the live game.

Lyon-CZ
04-23-2019, 08:22 AM

They don't. Then they come to the forum and post something like "you have issues with loading times?". Yes, we have, 2 weeks. I will say it once more - you should finally hire some QAs and test your game before releasing it. Simple as that.

F.i.x.e.r
04-23-2019, 02:55 PM
They don't. Then they come to the forum and post something like "you have issues with loading times?". Yes, we have, 2 weeks. I will say it once more - you should finally hire some QAs and test your game before releasing it. Simple as that.
Don't even have to play the game for this one:
1- Turn device on.
2- Select Division 2
3- wait for game to boot.
4- Oh, there's a problem here.
5- Exit game.

SinisterJoint
04-23-2019, 05:25 PM
Don't even have to play the game for this one:
1- Turn device on.
2- Select Division 2
3- wait for game to boot.
4- Oh, there's a problem here.
5- Exit game.

Right?? I really can't believe some of this. I've literally defended you UBISOFT through a lot with TD1 and now TD2. You guys just cant put the damn shovel down and are determined to keep digging yourselves into a hole!!

Seriously? I'm sorry Ubirealdude if we are getting you in trouble but this is BEYOND incompetent. (not you btw, its the fact that ubi hasn't acknowledged the long load times)

THE_REVEN.GER
04-23-2019, 05:55 PM
Same here.

Since the last update i have very long loading screens and connecting times.

Furthermore short freezes of 1-3 seconds during gamepplay.

This problems i never had before.

My Setup:

CPU - i5-4970k @ 3.4
Nvidia 1070
32 GB DDR 3 RAM
According to Nvidia their latest drivers as well
Game and OS on different SSD's (SamsungEVO 860)

Kalimwulf
04-23-2019, 11:59 PM
I'm wondering if this is why they are doing maintenance on Uplay service. That is definitely one place it is hanging up. Try to get to UPlay to get our player profile.

NLxAROSA
04-24-2019, 10:28 AM
I'm wondering if this is why they are doing maintenance on Uplay service. That is definitely one place it is hanging up. Try to get to UPlay to get our player profile.

This would explain a lot. Hoping todays maintenance helps. :)