PDA

View Full Version : An unexpected DirectX error occured.

quixadhal
04-17-2019, 05:13 PM
An unexpected DirectX error occured.

IDXGISwapChain::Present failed with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED.
GetDeviceRemovedReason returned 0x887a0005.

https://i.imgur.com/F0ffqvB.png

This was as a fire was breaking out and I was scrolling around to find a fire station to click on.
DirectX 12 in use.
Nvidia 1070, driver version 417.22 (which is stable and doesn't have the screen flickering the newer versions have).

Ubi-Swaggins
04-18-2019, 02:27 PM
Hey quixadhal,

This issue is known by the dev team and they are investigating it.

Thank you for the report :)

senat0or
04-18-2019, 02:46 PM
Im having the same issues.

As soon as I start the game, I have black screen flashes (even if I alt+tab out of the ANNO) and then the game eventually crashes with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED. The entire system is really slowed down while ANNO is running in background and sometimes it causes a total system collapse.

- Updated my video drivers.
- Reinstalled DirectX.
- Check ANNO files integrity.
- Tested my PC with Tropico 6 and Metro: Exodues. They run just fine.
- Tried the regedit solution. Did not worked.
- Tried both Dx11 and 12

What is weird is that the game was running just fine on 16th and yesterday, the errors started to pop today.

Any ideas? Thanks

i9-9900K CPU
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
128Gigs RAM
Windows 10 HOME

toroshi3
04-18-2019, 03:27 PM
go hell ub :미친:

senat0or
04-18-2019, 03:31 PM
go hell ub :미친:

Ehhh ok, Im upset too, but I think this is not neccesary...

toroshi3
04-18-2019, 03:35 PM
I like the games they make. I used the open beta service and bought the game instantly. But there are so many bugs, I am so angry that I can not play my favorite ano game, and I have not received my product key.

MrAstrup
04-18-2019, 04:10 PM
Im having the same issues.

I LOVE the game but i hate when the game crashes.. plz fix it fast

Ubi-Redbeard
04-18-2019, 04:33 PM
The team are looking into this issue.

Thanks for your patience!

senat0or
04-18-2019, 05:35 PM
Ubi-Redbeard, any possible ETA please? =)

Osahashi
04-18-2019, 06:52 PM
I have the same issue, since the open beta. The game crashes at start with the error message on DX11 and randomly on DX12 ingame with the same error message.

I complete remove the Nvidia driver with DDU and reinstall it, also update all DX files, but the error is still there. Please fix the problem!

Reddinkill
04-18-2019, 07:24 PM
Gettings this number/error
https://i.imgur.com/sfAKDtc.jpg

Osahashi
04-18-2019, 07:42 PM
Thats my error message I get from DX11

https://i.imgur.com/l5iNw6V.jpg

citrusmoon
04-18-2019, 09:11 PM
I hope this fix is going to be in the patch that's coming on 25th.
I'm playing Multiplay with my bf, in the same room, and we pretty much take turn with the crash.
I love this game, but it takes a fair bit of patience when it keeps on crashing.

We now both turned it down to DirectX 11, but we feel like DirectX 12 runs smoother and cleaner =(

Ubi-Redbeard
04-19-2019, 09:13 AM
We have no ETA as of yet, regretfully!

Keggi80
05-07-2019, 07:26 AM
Hello there.

I have bought a brand new PC for playnign the new Anno, and all I can see after starting the campaign are a lot of white squares over the screen, and then 2 sconds black, and then the same error message .... I tried DX11 and DX12... makes no difference. :(

Has anybody an idea how to fix it? The patch from the 25th was not helpfull I fear..... Support-Team? Any news?

Ubi-Mark.
05-08-2019, 11:18 AM
Hello there.

I have bought a brand new PC for playnign the new Anno, and all I can see after starting the campaign are a lot of white squares over the screen, and then 2 sconds black, and then the same error message .... I tried DX11 and DX12... makes no difference. :(

Has anybody an idea how to fix it? The patch from the 25th was not helpfull I fear..... Support-Team? Any news?

Hello Keggi80,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this. The development team are aware of it and are working on a fix!
Any update will be posted on this forum, so please keep an eye out.

Thank you for your patience!

dmdilks
05-08-2019, 02:43 PM
Hello Keggi80,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this. The development team are aware of it and are working on a fix!
Any update will be posted on this forum, so please keep an eye out.

Thank you for your patience!

I might be wrong, but is mostly a Nvidia driver issue and not a AMD/Ati issue. If you research the errors it has been all Nvidia drivers with a lot of games out there.

UbiMorning
05-08-2019, 07:18 PM
Hey guys! Just to clarify, what GPU do you guys have?

dmdilks
05-08-2019, 10:46 PM
I have a XFX RX-590 8gb card. Plus not having any problems with the directx error in windows 7 or 10.

jasny6969
05-10-2019, 08:34 AM
Got this error today out of nowhere.
I am playing this game since beta and never experienced any issues.
But today I got this error.https://www.dropbox.com/s/rspa1ye2wvdjhit/Screenshot%202019-05-10%2008.31.38.png?dl=0

Osahashi
06-06-2019, 04:07 PM
I have a MSI1080ti Gaming X 11GB. There issue is still there, the game crash with the same error message, no patch or Nvidia update did fix it the last weeks! I send so many crash reports after every crash, it seams no one care about it.

pote26
06-09-2019, 01:04 PM
I got the same thing like 4 times since I bought this game now, and I bought the game 2 days ago lol.

dmdilks
06-09-2019, 01:27 PM
It is only windows 10 that is giving us the problem. I can play it on windows 7 all day with no problem. Plus on windows 10 I have better luck with the game if I use a driver that is over a 1-1/2 old on the video card. After this last patch the game will crash the computer with the newest video driver. That is even directx 11 or 12.

Plus you can try this it has kinda work for me. Turn of Anti-Aliasing. We had the same kind of problem on 1404. The game was made to run in directx 10. But it never did you had to turn off the Anti-Aliasing. That was what control directx 9 & 10.

dmdilks
06-10-2019, 08:43 PM
Have to add to this UBISOFT FIX THE GAME. I could play it in windows 10 with no problems before you started to do all these patches.

Now I have to run a video driver that is 1-1/2 old just to get it to run in directx 11. If I don't run it this way the game will crashes over and over again.

Plus again I have no problems at all in windows 7 and even with the newest video driver too. But the thing is windows 7 can only run the game in directx 11 too.

SPINAL.TAP
06-11-2019, 12:33 AM
Hi,

I am still unable to play the game. 5-6 weeks now all I get is game crashes straight to black screen then the Ubisoft logo.

I am getting more and more annoyed now, not one member from Ubisoft has contacted me, I have jumped all of the hoops that you have suggested, apart from the clean install which is the last thing I do not whish to perform, please please before I take matters further can somebody look into or contact me.

THANKS
spinal-tap

dmdilks
06-12-2019, 04:35 PM
Well did some more testing on this. With the CCC software. There is a program that is installed with the AMD/CCC software. It is the WattMan program. A lot of people are having problems with it. So I did a clean uninstall of all AMD software. Then did a install of just the newest Video & HDMI drivers. No other software that comes with the AMD software was installed.

Well even with that way of installing just that software. I still get the directx error. So did another clean uninstall of that software. Then I went back to a 1-1/2 old AMD driver. But this time I just installed the Video & HDMI drivers. I'm back playing the game and only at directx 11 too.

Osahashi
06-13-2019, 10:41 AM
I tried soooo much, have now 30h playtime and the game crash 1-2 times every hour. I did two times clean Nvidia drivers (only display driver and physics) with DDU, try to fix it with DPI settings, deactivate Windows exploit-shield, admin mode for exe, virtual ram at Windows, offline mode, nvidiaProfileInspector, Nvidia Limit Patcher, MSI Afterburner settings, TDR tweaks... NOTHING WORKS

It is a problem with the game, Windows or the Nvidia driver! There are tickets, postings here, postings on reddit about that issue and still no fix since release!

I open the game, play 10min and DirectX crash, that what I payed for.

dmdilks
06-13-2019, 04:24 PM
I tried soooo much, have now 30h playtime and the game crash 1-2 times every hour. I did two times clean Nvidia drivers (only display driver and physics) with DDU, try to fix it with DPI settings, deactivate Windows exploit-shield, admin mode for exe, virtual ram at Windows, offline mode, nvidiaProfileInspector, Nvidia Limit Patcher, MSI Afterburner settings, TDR tweaks... NOTHING WORKS

It is a problem with the game, Windows or the Nvidia driver! There are tickets, postings here, postings on reddit about that issue and still no fix since release!

I open the game, play 10min and DirectX crash, that what I payed for.

Bet one thing you didn't try is play it on windows 7. I know that isn't a fix but I have had zero issues on windows 7. I'm a Microsoft Partner and I hate windows 10. Yes I do have it installed on my computer. But I'm still running windows 7. Windows 10 will always be in Beta Stage. That is why they still have the insider program running.

Just look at the few big updates that Microsoft has said use them at your own risk. The last one they told the people to block till they fix it. Come on if it is broke why would put it out.

Osahashi
06-16-2019, 11:03 AM
Bet one thing you didn't try is play it on windows 7. I know that isn't a fix but I have had zero issues on windows 7.

Thanks for the hint, I have tried now with the compatibility mode and played in Windows 7 mode, it works a few hours, more than normal, but unfortunately it also crash with the same DirectX error at the end.

Still no fix from Ubisoft or the devs, really sad.

aure28
06-17-2019, 08:34 AM
I have a similar bug: IDXGISwapChain::Present failed with error 0x887a0001

It crashes and goes back to the desktop every time my computer goes in sleep mode (during the game or even at the Anno startup screen)
Win 10 64bits 1903
i7 7700k
GTX 1080
Playing on DX12

All drivers up to date

dmdilks
06-18-2019, 01:36 PM
The thing is they had this kind of same problem in 1404. It was never fix so are they going to fix this one. It seam the more they try the worse it gets. Trying to run in compatibility mode might work but you are still in windows 10.

I have play it on windows 7 for over 150 hrs with maybe 3 crashes. On windows 10 I played it fine on directx11 for hrs. But ever since they did the last patch the game is unplayable. The only way I can play it is using video driver that is a 1-1/2 old.

So like I said we went down this road once before and they didn't fix it. I don't see how they can fix it now. What it has been 2 months since it came out and still no fix for windows 10. The only way I see it is do a patch where you can only run it in directx 11 for now. Till they can fix it so people can play the game.

jnieuwerth
06-24-2019, 12:59 PM
@Ubi, any ETA on a fix? This is getting quite annoying.. I can't even remember quitting my Anno 1800 game even once through the menu because it always crashes in the end..

Osahashi
06-24-2019, 04:28 PM
Played 2mins, game crashed :mad:

https://i.imgur.com/uDkDJon.jpg

Kerrigan1470
06-26-2019, 05:20 PM
same crashes

Caimorti
07-08-2019, 10:50 AM
I'm so happy I tried the game on my PC, with an account from a friend.

I had:
- 3 crashes in about 1 hour of playtime (same as this thread, running on DX12)
- Water glitch; water's there but it isn't but it's there.. lovely flickering
- Character overlay misplacement - where the dude speaking in the right-hand corner has its silhouette appear in the left-hand corner, at the same time, making stuff on the map disappear, visually, around that area.

Thanks for helping me save some money and skip buying this..

Tried a lot of things over the web, nothing helped. Shame.

JohnW4ng
07-10-2019, 07:04 AM
Same problem, game crashes every 5-7 min.

https://pp.userapi.com/c851224/v851224975/165d27/O_b8TBmP6LE.jpg

FOX_1976_FOX
07-11-2019, 09:06 PM
Same problem, game crashes every 5-7 min.

https://pp.userapi.com/c851224/v851224975/165d27/O_b8TBmP6LE.jpg

I get the exact same error message all 10 minutes of gameplay in DX12 in Win10 Pro.
And donīt tell us we need to switch to DX11 because you at screwbisoft are incompetent to use the DX12 render path!!!!!

If i am not mistaken from what i could see, this problem is not even mentioned in the known issues list.

WTF??????????????

FOX_1976_FOX
07-14-2019, 07:12 AM
In fullscreen the game crashes for me every 10-20 mins. Since i switched to borderless windowed no more DX Errors and no crashes in DX12. Played for hours yesterday without any hickups.
Maybe this helps guys

SebastianThor
07-14-2019, 11:43 AM
I have same problem and yes all of this problem starts after DLC UPDATE
Game dont start and black screen - error message.
I delete savegame folder but it dont help to solve problem
Well , i think the real way to play in ANNO 1800 is playing in pirate version download it from torrent.
I buy Deluxe version cause i like this game - but Ubisoft make it again - make those problems after any update.
I cant even laugh - cause its every single time we have same problems. Its like we play in Indy game.
But Indy game have less problems than Ubisoft
But the cost of game and worst technical support make me to choose - nevermore buy something in UPLAY!
Players know about the game MORE than Ubisoft support team.
And yes i send a ticket to support team - but everybody knows, that it will be LOOOOOONG time to answer me.
THX SO MUCH FOR RUIN THE GAME AND WEEKEND!!

SebastianThor
07-14-2019, 11:50 AM
In fullscreen the game crashes for me every 10-20 mins. Since i switched to borderless windowed no more DX Errors and no crashes in DX12. Played for hours yesterday without any hickups.
Maybe this helps guys

Some players cant even start the game - we cant change game config before start the game

SebastianThor
07-14-2019, 11:53 AM
I'm so happy I tried the game on my PC, with an account from a friend.

I had:
- 3 crashes in about 1 hour of playtime (same as this thread, running on DX12)
- Water glitch; water's there but it isn't but it's there.. lovely flickering
- Character overlay misplacement - where the dude speaking in the right-hand corner has its silhouette appear in the left-hand corner, at the same time, making stuff on the map disappear, visually, around that area.

Thanks for helping me save some money and skip buying this..

Tried a lot of things over the web, nothing helped. Shame.

Hey bro!
Do you have advice how to return money from this awful studio? i playn 7 hours
I pay for Deluxe version and now i want my money back
Now i know that Ubisoft games is best to play from pirate version from torrent!
PirateBay Yo Ho Ho!

SebastianThor
07-14-2019, 12:03 PM
I got the same thing like 4 times since I bought this game now, and I bought the game 2 days ago lol.

you have time to return money!
dont make my mistake!
RETURN MONEY NOW!

jnieuwerth
07-14-2019, 09:46 PM
No mention at all in the 3.2 release notes about this issue. Is it fixed Ubi??? You have been awfully quiet and non-corresponding about this to your *customers* about this.. When can we at least expect a response? That shouldn't be that hard now, is it?

Marcoevich
07-15-2019, 12:33 AM
My game has crashed a few times with this error. Is this one also known by ubisoft??
https://image.prntscr.com/image/Ek82DvVFRjyDbvubo6xP1Q.png

https://prnt.sc/of08hc

Ubi-Mullac
07-15-2019, 09:27 AM
Hey,

Can you make sure that your GPU drivers are up to date?

jnieuwerth
07-15-2019, 10:31 AM
@Ubi-Mullac

In my communication with Ubi Support this issue was declared as a "known issue" and "Devs were working on it" several weeks ago, even though the problem seems to have been present since the very launch of the game. Now I did not have time yet to do a 1-2h session to test yet but the fact that it is not mentioned in the 3.2 release notes does not give me a lot of hope. Can you confirm it has been fixed?

Edit: the "known issue" status was also mentioned by 2 separate ubi posts on the first page.

dmdilks
07-15-2019, 01:37 PM
Hey,

On windows 10 if I run updated drivers I can't play at all. If I run drivers that I a 1-1/2 yrs old the game plays but only in directx 11. I can play all day on windows 7 with no problems. But on windows 10 nothing but problems.

Plus I have tried this on 3 or 4 computers. Plus with Nvidia & Ati cards. One other thing before you started doing all these updates. I was able to play it in directx 12 with a driver that was a 1-1/2 yr old on windows 10.

SebastianThor
07-15-2019, 01:48 PM
Hey,

Please; stop to make this stupid answers!
WE NEED PATCH!
THIS IS NOT PROBLEM OF OUR PC'S!
THIS IS PROBLEM OF THE GAME!AND LAST DLC PATCH!
it starts after DLC patch!
Its about 2k resolution and DirectX and the some videocards!
And yeah! I UPDATE MY DRIVER!

Osahashi
07-15-2019, 03:21 PM
Hey,

How many times should we update the drivers again? How many clean installations??? This issue is known since the BETA, players write about that issue during the BETA tests! Since release of ANNO1800 Nvidia release dozens of driver updates. I'm on the latest version 431.36 and the game crashes. How many more people did you need to report that DX-Crash bug?

If you can't fix it, go to Microsoft or Nvidia and get some help about the issue!

jnieuwerth
07-15-2019, 04:19 PM
How many times should we update the drivers again? How many clean installations??? This issue is known since the BETA, players write about that issue during the BETA tests! Since release of ANNO1800 Nvidia release dozens of driver updates. I'm on the latest version 431.36 and the game crashes. How many more people did you need to report that DX-Crash bug?

If you can't fix it, go to Microsoft or Nvidia and get some help about the issue!

Exactly this, Ubi/BlueByte needs to reach out to Nvidia and get this sorted.

FOX_1976_FOX
07-15-2019, 05:35 PM
Hey,

Honestly.. what kind of stupid and brainless question is this???
Do you really believe people have not tried this already???
Take responsibility god damn it, for your broken products once and for all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marcoevich
07-16-2019, 12:42 AM
@Ubi-Mullac, just to verify I am on the latest driver version. Am using version 431.36 as released on 9th of june. Using GTX 970. We do try these things ourselves you know.

I am sending crash reports in every time this happens. Must've been 6-7 times already. I hope you can use those to fix this issue.

Marcoevich
07-16-2019, 01:17 PM
When do we get a fix for this? This is so frustrating.. I have send in a ticket to support days ago but they don't even reply back. What's going on?

krellblue
07-16-2019, 02:30 PM
Is this ever going to be resolved? Anno 1800 crashes all the time due to this error. I am an IT professional, of course all of my drivers are up to date, and no other games I play have this issue. It is an Anno 1800/Ubisoft issue exclusively. The frequency with which it happens seems to be getting worse, not better. When can we expect a fix from Ubisoft?

Osahashi
07-18-2019, 12:15 PM
Hey guys! Just to clarify, what GPU do you guys have?

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X 11GB with newest Firmware and up to date driver 431.36

I'm mad! This bug kills now my second savegame, I load the save and one minute later it crashs! So many hours and now I can't play that savegame anymore and it was not the first time the game does this!

I payed for that game and wanna play it! Give us information, give us a fix, give us a beta patch!!!

jnieuwerth
07-18-2019, 05:05 PM
Once more Ubi's silence is deafening.

Give us at least a rough ETA on a fix, Ubisoft!

UbiMorning
07-18-2019, 10:32 PM
Hey everyone! There seems to be a few different issues regarding the "An unexpected DirectX error occurred."

1) After restarting the multiplayer game session
2) When the folder "Anno7" is deleted in Documents folder
3) It is just crashing on launch.

Could you all submit a ticket with your MSINFO files (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/Details/kA030000000emSbCAI?name=how-to-submit-dxdiag-and-msinfo-files), and please specific which of the three is happening to you?

dmdilks
07-19-2019, 02:52 AM
I just got the computer up and running on my Windows 10 computer. Upgraded the M2 SSD. Now I didn't update my video driver. I'm using what windows 10 had installed.

The driver is 4/24/2017 ver 22.19.162.4. The Video card is a RX-580 4gb. I'm running the game on directx 11. I only played about hour with no problems.

Now I did play for about 20 mins on directx 12. One thing I notice that the game is more laggie. I will play it more tomorrow on directx 12 getting late.

Once I have played it for a couple hours then I'm going to update the video driver and see what happens.

jnieuwerth
07-19-2019, 08:26 AM
@UbiSailorScout

I think the majority of the people posting here are experiencing none of these three. The issue is as mentioned in the very first post of this thread: a random crash after 1-2 hours of playtime with the error message "IDXGISwapChain::Present failed with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED." as in the screenshot of the first post. This issue has been qualified by Ubisoft as a known issue pretty much since launch and is still not solved, even though we have heard over and over again that "Devs were working on it".

By now you should have tons and tons of MSINFO/DXDIAG logs from people with this issue to troubleshoot.

Pardon my bluntness but I'm fed up with you guys evading every request for giving us an ETA on a fix with these standard replies.

Marcoevich
07-19-2019, 08:47 AM
Hello @UbiSailorScout, I am experiencing none of these problems, like the guy above me. It just crashes randomly after a few hours of playing.

I don't have much confidence in sending a support ticket right now. I opened a ticket last friday, and now a week later it is still unanswered. You've also closed your phone lines. Looks like support is severely lacking here.

dmdilks
07-19-2019, 12:11 PM
They will never fix it because we had the same problem in 1404 and it was never fix. In 1404 they said the game was made to be played in directx 10 it never did. What they should do till they fix it do a patch to where the game only runs in directx 11. That way people can play it.

Plus updating the video driver makes it worse. I'm running it on a 2yr old driver with no problems. I run it on windows 7 with directx 11 with no problems. I have over 200 hrs with no problem. The game was not made to run in directx 12, just like 1404 was not made to run in directx 10.

dmdilks
07-19-2019, 07:24 PM
I have play so far over 3 hrs with the old video driver and in directx 12. I'm just letting the game run and checking here and there. I'll see how long it runs before I get the error.

Update I played over 5 hours with no error. I think it has to do with the newer video drivers and the game. Now I'm going to update the drivers and see what happens.

dmdilks
07-19-2019, 11:38 PM
Another update I installed the newest video driver. The game lasted about 30 sec before it crash to the desktop. Went back in and change it to directx 11 and played for about 30 mins. I'll get back to it and play longer next time.

KingMafius
07-20-2019, 01:33 PM
I've shared my details in the case 09326897, including
Msinfo.txt
DxDiag.txt

jnieuwerth
07-29-2019, 10:35 AM
Any update on this, Ubisoft?

FOX_1976_FOX
07-30-2019, 06:18 AM
This is quite alerting. In the past when Ubi had no idea what to do or how to fix it they remained silent.

Everytime my Anno 1800 crashes i am sending in a crash report. By now Ubi must have tons and tons of data to analyze, and they remain silent as usual.
You do not communicate anything to your customers who pay your salary.

When are you finally doing anything about it? I very much doubt it Update 4.0 will fix this problem. By now your product is broken for so many of your customers, as usual.
Your products are always broken and it seems you never learn.

FOX_1976_FOX
07-30-2019, 07:43 PM
Just played with update 4 for 30 mins and then "An unexpected Direct-X Error occurred".

So NO it is not fixed!!!!!!!!!!

Game is still broken

Takarazuka15
07-30-2019, 11:28 PM
The game runs fine in DX11 and there are several benchmark videos on YouTube showing the minimal difference between the DX versions with the game. Your best bet is to just play in DX11 until DX12 is fixed. The loss of performance is negligible and won't affect gameplay. I have a 1080ti 11GB VRAM and the game runs like smooth butter in DX11.

FOX_1976_FOX
07-31-2019, 07:28 AM
The game runs fine in DX11 and there are several benchmark videos on YouTube showing the minimal difference between the DX versions with the game. Your best bet is to just play in DX11 until DX12 is fixed. The loss of performance is negligible and won't affect gameplay. I have a 1080ti 11GB VRAM and the game runs like smooth butter in DX11.

Somehow thatīs the typical answer from an ubisoft representative.

Osahashi
07-31-2019, 10:23 AM
The game has a problem with DX12 and DX11, it doesn't matter which DX you use. The last patch did nothing to fix anything about the DX issue, my game still crash.

Takarazuka15
07-31-2019, 02:34 PM
Somehow thatīs the typical answer from an ubisoft representative.

Hahaha well.. I am am not a Ubisoft employee. You're free to join to unofficial Anno Discord and find me on there as well. I am just trying to offer a solution so you can still play the game. I would rather play in DX12 as well, but since it crashes on me and I want to play the game, I have to use DX11 and live with a barely noticeable change in performance.

FOX_1976_FOX
07-31-2019, 06:58 PM
Hahaha well.. I am am not a Ubisoft employee. You're free to join to unofficial Anno Discord and find me on there as well. I am just trying to offer a solution so you can still play the game. I would rather play in DX12 as well, but since it crashes on me and I want to play the game, I have to use DX11 and live with a barely noticeable change in performance.

Donīt you think we have not tried this? The game crashes in DX 11 also.

jnieuwerth
07-31-2019, 10:43 PM
This is quite alerting. In the past when Ubi had no idea what to do or how to fix it they remained silent.

Everytime my Anno 1800 crashes i am sending in a crash report. By now Ubi must have tons and tons of data to analyze, and they remain silent as usual.
You do not communicate anything to your customers who pay your salary.

When are you finally doing anything about it? I very much doubt it Update 4.0 will fix this problem. By now your product is broken for so many of your customers, as usual.
Your products are always broken and it seems you never learn.

And it is not specifically included on their "Known Issues" list (anymore) either.. shoving it under the carpet Ubi? Hope the attention about this will fade away? I'll promise you i'll keep this thread on the front page untill this is fixed. Please do give us an update.

jnieuwerth
07-31-2019, 11:13 PM
I honestly don't know what is required to get you guys moving.. this is the 4th most replied on thread on the entire forum yet Ubisoft's reply has been almost zero and narrowed down to standard replies. What do you need? Mobilize the YouTube guys to create some proper pressure on the Ubisoft brand that has recently had some relief of being called a **** brand? Class action lawsuit?

Get into touch with Nvidia and solve this ****! The game is unplayable for a significant portion of your customers!

DigitalVengance
08-01-2019, 07:35 AM
I've been having random DirectX error/crashes since launch of the game. With every patch I look in the patch notes and prey that they have fixed the problem but to still no avail. Now they are releasing DLC's, I am honestly pissed off that the game is still basically unplayable for me and many others yet their focus is on DLC. I want my money back honestly since the DirectX issue is never going to be addressed.

I'm running a EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2, 11G-P4-6593-KR, 11GB GDDR5X. I've sent out about 100+ error reports and so have many others here. Ubisoft should have enough error data to rival President Trump's NSA file.

jnieuwerth
08-02-2019, 01:32 PM
@Ubisoft, still waiting for a heads-up. When can we expect a fix? And why is this issue currently not listed as a known issue?

FOX_1976_FOX
08-05-2019, 08:27 AM
@Ubisoft, still waiting for a heads-up. When can we expect a fix? And why is this issue currently not listed as a known issue?

I would love to know that also.
What are you waiting for? Donīt know what to do are we?

FOX_1976_FOX
08-07-2019, 06:17 AM
So Update 4.2 is online and let me guess... The crashing is still there? Screwbisoft is not doing anything about the big problems of their products.

What are you waiting for??? christmas? a bus.. the train????
Do you really think you can get away with this, while staying silent??? I can see it clearly... in the last management board it was discussed and... "psssst... let īs not talk about the crashing direct-x errors and stay silent... our customers are surely too stupid to notice this".

FIX YOUR MESS!!!!!!!

JoSoFine
08-07-2019, 06:25 PM
almost never had this problem before the last update. now i get it withing minutes of playing.
Sending every crash report. Please dev's do what you are payed for.

morganjah
08-09-2019, 12:26 AM
Every patch this keeps getting worse. What is UBI doing here? Fix this issue. Don't make it worse.

Throggor
08-11-2019, 12:45 AM
Hi,

Same issue here since a few days. =(

MrDragonfyr
08-11-2019, 04:09 AM
Same Issue, Two crashes to desktop with this error. I submitted both error reports via the Ubisoft game client.

https://i.imgur.com/cDkqIBB.png

Can see you're looking into it. Hope it gets fixed soon.

MrDragonfyr
08-12-2019, 01:41 AM
Just happened again, 2 times, whilst live streaming.... :/

dmdilks
08-12-2019, 02:21 PM
Do you really think that they are going to fix it!!! 1404 had the basically same problem with directx 10 . Never fix and they even had a memory leak that was never fix too. How many people had a problem with the 2070 Deep Ocean add-on. If you reinstalled the 2070 you had to jump through hoops to get the game to work with Deep Ocean.

Yes you own it but in a way it wasn't added to your account. If support couldn't fix that one how do you think they will fix this one. What they can do is take directx 12 out of the game for now. Just have the game run in directx 11. Then down the road if they fix it then add it back in. I run it on windows 7 and the game runs great because win 7 only supports directx 11.

FOX_1976_FOX
08-12-2019, 05:58 PM
I have seen this so many times with screwbisoft.
They simply have no fu..... clue how to fix this mess, otherwise they would have done it already.

WilderDK
08-12-2019, 11:33 PM
i did close ubi overlay, and have played 5 hours without crash, before it could crash after 10 min to 2 hours in game.

WilderDK
08-13-2019, 12:40 AM
OK, Crash, after 1 hour.....i have tried allot also. i hope they fix this.

I do save every 5 min, so i dont lose any progress.

dmdilks
08-13-2019, 12:57 PM
Like I said get rid of Directx 12. We don't need it because there isn't really any defiance between 11 & 12. Plus don't try to tell me there is, because I run the game on a 40" 4k TV.

I have been here for a long time seen a lot & been through a lot. If this is a real Play Support where is Ubisoft Support.

IF YOU ARE READING THIS GET RID OF DIRECTX 12!!!!!!!!

MrDragonfyr
08-13-2019, 06:50 PM
Found the downgrade to DX11 in the graphics settings. Ill see if this helps.

MrDragonfyr
08-13-2019, 08:18 PM

jnieuwerth
08-14-2019, 09:25 AM

I take that as a no? I'm back to playing WoW for a while until this is fixed or a proper workaround is found because at this moment I'm pretty convinced they're not willing or able to fix the issue anyway, as I am conviced that the mods read each and every one of our comments and choose not to reply on Ubisoft's behalf on this matter.

Ubisoft should be ashamed of themselves with the piss poor support on this game breaking issue.

dmdilks
08-14-2019, 02:05 PM
Found the downgrade to DX11 in the graphics settings. Ill see if this helps.

Yes I can play it in directx 11 on windows 10. To get it to play for a long time I have the run a Video driver that is like a 1-1/2 to 2 yrs old. If I have updated driver it will still crash.

Ubi-Raziel
08-14-2019, 07:39 PM
Hello everyone,

We have been investigating the different DirectX crash reports that we have received within this thread, however we have not received enough system files to find anything conclusive.

Would it be possible to submit your system files in a new support case, then place the case number here? This FAQ explains how: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000026442/

I understand this is a very frustrating issue and you are all doing the best you can to help one another. Please focus on providing the system files so we can provide as much information as possible to our dev team.

Thank you all for your time.

WilderDK
08-14-2019, 10:08 PM
so when we send a crash report, what do we exatly send you? if its not the system, dx and so on??? hmm

Wlder

Throggor
08-14-2019, 10:32 PM
Thanks for your answer.
I opened a new support case (09510579) directly to the ubisoft french support, with all the files needed.

maybe it could help...

Ubi-Woofer
08-15-2019, 12:25 PM
so when we send a crash report, what do we exatly send you? if its not the system, dx and so on??? hmm

Wlder

Hey WilderDK, crash reports are specific to the context of the crashes themselves. Your system files (MSinfo, DxDiag) are documents that must be written by your system and exported manually, and contain much more information about your system specifications, background software, hardware and more. If you are affected by the issues described in this thread, please do create a case on our support site (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB) with your MSinfo and DxDiag reports (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000026442/Submit-Dxdiag-and-Msinfo/) attached, as these will aid us in our investigation!

Thanks for your answer.
I opened a new support case (09510579) directly to the ubisoft french support, with all the files needed.

maybe it could help...

Many thanks for dropping your case number into the thread, Throggor!

We would greatly appreciate it if any others reading this thread who are affected by the issues it describes could do the same, and provide your case numbers here for us to gather together. Any and all provided system files, as well as additional information regarding reproduction of the issue, will be helpful for our devs to look further into these issues. Thank you!

alexrwlaw
08-15-2019, 12:26 PM
Hello everyone,

We have been investigating the different DirectX crash reports that we have received within this thread, however we have not received enough system files to find anything conclusive.

This thread has been going strong for four months and almost a hundred posts.

I feel the honest thing to do would be to admit that this is not something you're not working on.

jnieuwerth
08-15-2019, 08:34 PM
Hello everyone,

Would it be possible to submit your system files in a new support case, then place the case number here? This FAQ explains how: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000026442/

I understand this is a very frustrating issue and you are all doing the best you can to help one another. Please focus on providing the system files so we can provide as much information as possible to our dev team.

Thank you all for your time.

Sorry, but by now you must have received thousands and thousands of crash reports by now regarding this issue. Please don't tell me you need this forum thread to relate them to each other.. It is very frustrating but a big factor in this is the poor communication from you guys. And I would still like to know why this is not on the known issues list (anymore).

jnieuwerth
08-15-2019, 08:48 PM
I took a dive in my email archives and my case number was 09148043 when I reported the issue almost 2 months ago.

Throggor
08-16-2019, 01:26 AM
I just tried some games like Anno 2070 and FarCry 5 on Uplay, then Anno 1404 on Gog and each time i had a crash within minutes but without any message.
It's weird that with older games like Command&Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars, or Doom2, everything is fine.

So i decided to install older NVIDIA drivers (425.31) and now there is no more problems ! It seems to be an Nvidia driver issue like someone said in page2 :

I might be wrong, but is mostly a Nvidia driver issue and not a AMD/Ati issue. If you research the errors it has been all Nvidia drivers with a lot of games out there.
Do you guys work with them ?

Ubi-Woofer
08-16-2019, 02:25 PM
This thread has been going strong for four months and almost a hundred posts.

I feel the honest thing to do would be to admit that this is not something you're not working on.

Hey alexrwlaw, please rest assured that we are committed to investigating this issue, and would like to gather further diagnostic information from affected players to aid us in this. If you are affected, and have not yet submitted a support case (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB) with your MSinfo and DxDiag files (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000026442/Submit-Dxdiag-and-Msinfo/) attached, please do so! Any updates on the issue will always be communicated via these forums first.

Sorry, but by now you must have received thousands and thousands of crash reports by now regarding this issue. Please don't tell me you need this forum thread to relate them to each other.. It is very frustrating but a big factor in this is the poor communication from you guys. And I would still like to know why this is not on the known issues list (anymore).

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration, jnieuwerth. For the devs to investigate the issue described in this thread further to the best of their ability, they are requesting for additional diagnostic files and information to be provided via our support case system. If you have not yet submitted a case (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB), please do so with your MSinfo and DxDiag files (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000026442/Submit-Dxdiag-and-Msinfo/) attached.

With regard to the known issues list, as several individual issues involving DirectX crashes and also other in-game crashes have been investigated and resolved, the list has been updated to reflect this. Please rest assured that the issue described in this thread remains under investigation, and once the root cause of the issue is identified, the list will be updated to include it.

I took a dive in my email archives and my case number was 09148043 when I reported the issue almost 2 months ago.

Thank you for providing your case reference. Would you be able to reopen your case with fresh system files attached, and also specify any troubleshooting you have done in the meantime for the team to be aware of? Thank you.

I just tried some games like Anno 2070 and FarCry 5 on Uplay, then Anno 1404 on Gog and each time i had a crash within minutes but without any message.
It's weird that with older games like Command&Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars, or Doom2, everything is fine.

So i decided to install older NVIDIA drivers (425.31) and now there is no more problems ! It seems to be an Nvidia driver issue like someone said in page2 :

Do you guys work with them ?

Thank you for letting us know that rolling back to an older NVIDIA driver helped you to continue to play our titles, Throggor. Can you tell me whether you have been experiencing the wider issue described in this thread in ANNO 1800 as well? And which version of DirectX were you using with the older NVIDIA driver, DirectX 11 or DirectX 12?

dmdilks
08-16-2019, 04:34 PM
Thank you for letting us know that rolling back to an older NVIDIA driver helped you to continue to play our titles, Throggor. Can you tell me whether you have been experiencing the wider issue described in this thread in ANNO 1800 as well? And which version of DirectX were you using with the older NVIDIA driver, DirectX 11 or DirectX 12?

If you do some research that Nvidia is having problem with the newer drives with Directx 12. Yes I said back in another post that I thought that it is just Nvidia drives. But Ati/Amd drives have the same problem with directx 12 if you use a newer driver. If I use a driver that is like a 1-1/2 to 2 yrs old I can play the game.

I'm running the Crimson driver 17.12.1. When I run directx 12 the game does play, but it is really lagging. If I switch to directx 11 the game plays smooth. Yes there is still a very little lag but nothing like 12. But all Anno games do have some lag in them.

Throggor
08-16-2019, 04:40 PM
I played an hour and no crash so far on Anno1800 with old Nvidia driver. my DxDiag shows DirectX 12 and the file engine.ini (located in Documents\Anno 1800\config) as well.
If there's another way to change DirectX please tell me how because i don't have the option ingame.

dmdilks
08-16-2019, 07:45 PM
If there's another way to change DirectX please tell me how because i don't have the option ingame.

You play it windows 7 or 10? If it is windows 10 click on the options in the main Menu It is in there where you can change it. You can change it your engine as well just change it from 12 to 11 and then save it.

FOX_1976_FOX
08-19-2019, 05:31 PM
Hey alexrwlaw, please rest assured that we are committed to investigating this issue, and would like to gather further diagnostic information from affected players to aid us in this. If you are affected, and have not yet submitted a support case (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB) with your MSinfo and DxDiag files (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000026442/Submit-Dxdiag-and-Msinfo/) attached, please do so! Any updates on the issue will always be communicated via these forums first.

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration, jnieuwerth. For the devs to investigate the issue described in this thread further to the best of their ability, they are requesting for additional diagnostic files and information to be provided via our support case system. If you have not yet submitted a case (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB), please do so with your MSinfo and DxDiag files (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000026442/Submit-Dxdiag-and-Msinfo/) attached.

With regard to the known issues list, as several individual issues involving DirectX crashes and also other in-game crashes have been investigated and resolved, the list has been updated to reflect this. Please rest assured that the issue described in this thread remains under investigation, and once the root cause of the issue is identified, the list will be updated to include it.

Thank you for providing your case reference. Would you be able to reopen your case with fresh system files attached, and also specify any troubleshooting you have done in the meantime for the team to be aware of? Thank you.

Are you serious????? I just found this on the "kown issues list" --> Fixed

[Possibly fixed] DX12: Game crashes on start.
Make sure you update your graphics drivers and it should be fixed, if you continue to do so - please contact the support team.

Hell NOOOOO not even slightly fixed, and all my drivers are up to date.

And donīt give us your "please rest assured that we are committed to investigating this issue" crap.
For some time now no one from Screwbisoft has answered to this thread and now you give your BS????? ... like we should open up tickets?
I have done this for so many times with your games, and not even once your incompetent support was trying to help. The only thing the support is doing, trying to find something that could be causing the error on our systems because your crap BS software is never faulty... thatīs what your customers can expect from YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ubi-Mark.
08-20-2019, 10:01 AM
Hello Annoholics,

Do you have any case number by any chance with diagnostic files, so we can forward these reports to the development team? Much appreciated!

@FOX_1976_FOX, this is a different issue which has been fixed already. Hope it clears things up! :) If you still having an issue regarding the crash, please submit your diagnostic files, so we can investigate it further. Thank you!

jnieuwerth
08-20-2019, 11:43 AM

@FOX_1976_FOX, this is a different issue which has been fixed already. Hope it clears things up! :) If you still having an issue regarding the crash, please submit your diagnostic files, so we can investigate it further. Thank you!

Hello @Ubi-Mark, could you please explain why this isn't on the known issues list at this moment then? Don't you agree this is an issue of such scale that it would belong there? And it would give me and a lot of contributors to this thread the feeling that this is on your radar and are actively being working on. @Ubi-Woofer indicated that the list will be updated once the root cause has been identified, but to me that does not make sense. I get the feeling you don't want to put it on the list because it's been around since launch and your devs still have no clue how to fix it. This is an issue, that is a fact, so put it on the list regardless of the root cause being identified or not.

Once I find the courage to play again, knowing that it will crash at a random moment, I will post fresh diagnostic files.

FOX_1976_FOX
08-20-2019, 01:27 PM
Hello Annoholics,

Do you have any case number by any chance with diagnostic files, so we can forward these reports to the development team? Much appreciated!

Then explain why the Direct-X error crashes are not on the known issues list.
I have sent crash reports so often that i have lost a clear view for it.

Do you really think we post here for fun?
Why is screwbisoft not taking responsibility in acknowledging this serious problem (put it on the known issues list), keep us customers informed about it, and finally FIX YOUR MESS????

Why is this not happening? Any answer to this Mr. support staff????

WilderDK
08-20-2019, 05:27 PM
Its weird, 3 days without a problem ,and then it start all again....... nothing changed in weeks here. so its weird

WilderDK
08-25-2019, 01:16 PM
Now i can only play 5-10 min and then crash all the time, fix this good darn game, or give a refund for this.

Wilder

xixou
08-26-2019, 04:09 PM
I also get device removed when playing in dx12 (this does not occur with dx11).
I use an RTX 2080 super under windows 10, nvidia drivers version 436.02.

case is

https://support.ubi.com/fr-FR/Cases/09597438

FOX_1976_FOX
08-28-2019, 06:14 AM
Then explain why the Direct-X error crashes are not on the known issues list.
I have sent crash reports so often that i have lost a clear view for it.

Do you really think we post here for fun?
Why is screwbisoft not taking responsibility in acknowledging this serious problem (put it on the known issues list), keep us customers informed about it, and finally FIX YOUR MESS????

Why is this not happening? Any answer to this Mr. support staff????

I see Mr. Ubi-Mark we have got no answer from you... like i expected!!!!!
Like always you have no idea what to answers because you have no idea what to do. We all should be given our money back for this broken product.
Screwbisoft is a bunch of brainless sheep thats all and i am sick of it and how you treat your customers!!!!

jnieuwerth
09-11-2019, 10:45 PM
Guess it's time for a reminder again! @Ubi: any update you can share about this ever-lasting issue since launch?

jnieuwerth
09-11-2019, 10:48 PM
And I would also like it explicitly mentioned on the Known Issues list. After all it is an issue (proven by the 110+ posts in this thread by your paying customers) and it is known (proven by the fact that you have replied on this thread numerous times). So it is quite strange it does not appear in the list at all..

Rastfarian
09-12-2019, 10:18 AM
I too have this error. For me it happens if the game is left on pause too long.

FOX_1976_FOX
09-14-2019, 07:33 PM
So Update 5.1 is live and i still have the Direct X Error problems. No matter if i play in DX 11 or 12.

Once again why is this not in the known issues list??? Why is no Screwbisoft support staff answering to this and WHY is this still NOT FIXED??????????????
Why is Screwbisoft so silent about this????

Honestly what is wrong with you guys???

Osahashi
09-15-2019, 08:40 AM
I'd like to play that game, but it's not working and the developers doesn't fix the issue. What a shame!

SirHarryPierce
09-16-2019, 02:15 AM
Just let you all know, send in about 5 cases now, seems its a memory leak, mostly when a game is running over a long time period.

jnieuwerth
09-17-2019, 02:59 PM
Today this issue celebrates its 5th month anniverary! It would actually be almost funny if it wasn't so serious.

Ubisoft and Bluebyte devs clearly showing its incompetence in handling this, SHAME ON YOU!

ImoEggs
09-19-2019, 11:38 PM
Same issue here, DX11 worked for a while, then the 5.1 update gave me fits DX12 worked for one gaming session...kinda. 5.2 update...can't run for more than 5 minutes. Now I've got a "Present Failed" error followed up by a "failed to pre-create a manager. Error code:1102". Doesn't matter if I'm running DX11 or 12 or windowed...I'll also get red or pink boxes around random buildings or shaggy blinking trees.

Brand new PC, Ryzen 5 3600, RX 590 drivers up to date. Waste of $60.

EDIT: Downclocked the GPU...Works with DX12 now.

elpablo2010
09-21-2019, 01:23 PM
I'm really tired of this situation. :mad:
Playing with the fear of not being able to save in time before the next crash is frustrating.
With update 5.2 to "An unespected DirectX error" also appeared "UplayCrashReporter.exe - Initialization error 1".

https://images2.imgbox.com/70/a7/EPQegqcZ_o.jpg

:mad::mad::mad:

elpablo2010
09-21-2019, 01:29 PM
My PC:
Windows 10 x64 on ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 + Intel i8700 +16GB +M.2 SSD 970 EVO 1GB +ASUS ROG strix 1660ti 6GB
All drivers updated

I don't think it's an old hardware problem ...

ImoEggs
09-21-2019, 02:37 PM
Same issue here, DX11 worked for a while, then the 5.1 update gave me fits DX12 worked for one gaming session...kinda. 5.2 update...can't run for more than 5 minutes. Now I've got a "Present Failed" error followed up by a "failed to pre-create a manager. Error code:1102". Doesn't matter if I'm running DX11 or 12 or windowed...I'll also get red or pink boxes around random buildings or shaggy blinking trees.

Brand new PC, Ryzen 5 3600, RX 590 drivers up to date. Waste of $60.

EDIT: Downclocked the GPU just a bit...Works with DX12 now, but sadly I have some screen tearing now. At least I can play.

BDDark
09-22-2019, 04:52 PM
Game worked fine for awhile after 5.2, now I'm getting crashes every 5 minutes as well, with the DirectX error that says "Present Failed." I have not installed or changed anything since 5.2 launch. But booted up the game this morning and it's decided it's not going to work.

I swear, this game does NOT want me to play it. Just when one thing is fixed, another thing goes wrong.

KawaiiPandiz
09-24-2019, 09:45 AM
the game keeps crashing for my girlfriend
she is getting an directx "present failed"
submitted a ticket id 09804788 with msinfo and dxdiag.

KaRolthas
09-24-2019, 03:50 PM
I noticed my game crashes with DX 12 error when I zoom in too much too many buildings, like on Edward's Goode island in campaign.

elpablo2010
09-27-2019, 08:16 PM
Hi guys, maybe I've found solution (at least in my case).

To generate the error for me it was enough to try to go to the desktop by pressing the WIN key on the keyboard during the game or simply play for 10-15 minutes zooming in and out ... and almost always without the possibility of sending any report via Uplay (because Uplay report application also crashed).

I was using Asus GTX 1660ti on a 32-inch main monitor at 1440p 144Hz + intel 8700 UHD integrated on a secondary monitor at 1080p.
I did everything: disabled the UHD intel, detached secondary monitor, tested with and without G-Sync, uninstalled and reinstalled clean Nvidia drivers, downclocked GPU, etc ...
Unsuccessful :(
So investigating the Event Viewer immediately after an "Unexpected DirectX error ..." I finally found a "yellow warning" at the exact same time as the "Red Error" regarding the exhaustion of the virtual memory with the details of the processes that were using it (Anno1800.exe, upc.exe, dwm.exe) (attached screenshots).
Anno1800.exe = Anno1800
upc.exe = Uplay launcher
dwm.exe = Desktop Window Manager

https://images2.imgbox.com/8e/e3/7qGCiFvg_o.jpg (http://imgbox.com/7qGCiFvg)

https://images2.imgbox.com/17/bf/aRty2BBS_o.jpg (http://imgbox.com/aRty2BBS)

But having 16GB RAM and an SSD 970 EVO Plus 1GB I had disabled virtual memory so I didn't have any paging files to fill or use in Windows!
I don't understand why the game needs the swap file because it doesn't occupy all the RAM, but if it wants so ...

Tonight I have reactivated the virtual memory (pagefile.sys and swapfile.sys) and I was able to play for 20 minutes and also to pass many times back and forth to the desktop with Anno1800 running WITHOUT any DirectX error and being able to resume the game correctly !
Deo gratias!

elpablo2010
09-29-2019, 09:30 PM
Yes, now I can confirm for sure 100%!
"An unespected DirectX error" is solved for me.

It was enough to reactivate virtual memory of Windows (and then pagefile.sys and swapfile.sys will be created in the root folder C:\ ).
Now I can play even in window or full screen window! I can pause and do other things with the game in the background without any errors.

I just stopped playing, started this morning, played for about 7 hours, with lots of pauses and switches to Windows / Chrome, without restarting Anno1800, and without receiving any "Error ...." !!!

You can google "set up virtual memory windows 10" to find the way to do it.

But, unlike what is recommended on the various sites, I let the pagefile.sys file size be managed by the system.
Result: the file size with or without active Anno1800 is always the same, less than 4GB, compared to 16GB of RAM (snapshot attached)

1) snap1 (file size auto managed by Windows 10)
https://images2.imgbox.com/12/91/8ww4PAnG_o.jpg (http://imgbox.com/8ww4PAnG)

2) snap2 (my system memory)
https://images2.imgbox.com/0f/ff/GMfD3vpF_o.jpg (http://imgbox.com/GMfD3vpF)

3) snap3 (my settings for virtual memory mangement)
https://images2.imgbox.com/b9/19/FuXcmsnz_o.jpg (http://imgbox.com/FuXcmsnz)

Hope to help someone!

EDIT:
after a few days of use with the automatic settings, Windows has set the swap file to around 1GB and this is the file size even during active play, without any increase.
https://images2.imgbox.com/01/6b/yXfnuVrA_o.jpg (http://imgbox.com/yXfnuVrA)

nolan36
09-30-2019, 09:21 PM
Had the same issue with my rtx 2080 using dx11. Tried a 950 and currently using a 1080 and both don't have this error.

dmdilks
10-07-2019, 01:37 PM
Yes, now I can confirm for sure 100%!
"An unespected DirectX error" is solved for me.

It was enough to reactivate virtual memory of Windows (and then pagefile.sys and swapfile.sys will be created in the root folder C:\ ).
Now I can play even in window or full screen window! I can pause and do other things with the game in the background without any errors.

I just stopped playing, started this morning, played for about 7 hours, with lots of pauses and switches to Windows / Chrome, without restarting Anno1800, and without receiving any "Error ...." !!!

Hope to help someone!

This has to be very SAD!!!! If this is what helps the error and the game is running fine after doing this. Ubisoft then has no CLUE in what they are doing. Come on Ubisoft back in the days when we had very little memory, yes we use Virtual Memory. With memory today any thing with 8gb you shouldn't need Virtual memory.

But here we go again with the Virtual memory. 1404 had a memory leak and they tried to fix with Virtual memory. So every other game since then I bet they use Virtual memory. I play it mostly on windows 7 and I have seen it using up to 12gb of memory. So if you have 16gb of memory and windows might use up to 4gb or 5gb of memory. then you might run out of system memory.

elpablo2010
10-11-2019, 07:13 AM
This has to be very SAD!!!! If this is what helps the error and the game is running fine after doing this. Ubisoft then has no CLUE in what they are doing. Come on Ubisoft back in the days when we had very little memory, yes we use Virtual Memory. With memory today any thing with 8gb you shouldn't need Virtual memory.
Maybe the DirectX libraries need virtual memory? :confused:

dmdilks
10-14-2019, 09:02 PM
Maybe the DirectX libraries need virtual memory? https://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/confused.png

We are not play DOS base game, you did that back late 90's early 2000's. Understand what I said that 1404 had a bad memory leak. Ubisoft tried to fix it with Virtual memory. That didn't work either so maybe since then they use virtual memory very sad. Plus at the same time they tried to run 1404 in directx 10 that didn't work either.

FOX_1976_FOX
11-06-2019, 11:08 AM
So what is the story on this. Is screwbisoft working on this or are they just sleeping like always???

Osahashi
11-07-2019, 01:35 PM
So what is the story on this. Is screwbisoft working on this or are they just sleeping like always???

The did nothing, no fix, no patch... The give a **** about use, we bought the game, the have our money and that's it.

FOX_1976_FOX
11-28-2019, 07:31 AM
The did nothing, no fix, no patch... The give a **** about use, we bought the game, the have our money and that's it.

Itīs interesting to see how all the Screwbisoft support members are avoiding this thread. It really seems like the developers have no frigging clue how to solve their mess.
This is your engine, your game for crying out loud and you have no idea what to do?

Honestly.. how incompetent are you guys????

BDDark
12-06-2019, 04:33 AM
Itīs interesting to see how all the Screwbisoft support members are avoiding this thread. It really seems like the developers have no frigging clue how to solve their mess.
This is your engine, your game for crying out loud and you have no idea what to do?

Honestly.. how incompetent are you guys????

I doubt this game will ever get fixed. Ubisoft took a hard hit when Ghost Recon Breakpoint bombed, and their stock took a nosedive. Now they've pushed back the release dates on numerous big ticket games, and no doubt money and manpower is being pushed into making those games a hit, rather than fixing "smaller" games that have already released. Seriously, how long has this bug been around? Any half decent company would have had this fixed by now.

Never buying another Ubisoft game again. My condolences to Blue Byte. And to the Support Team on the forums, hey you did your best. Thanks for trying.

The_GreatDutch
01-03-2020, 08:29 PM
Great, I think this might have worked for me.. have the same processor and monitor.. one question though: do I need to disable this once I want to play another game besides Anno? Thanks!

RoteBaron7
01-17-2020, 07:32 PM
The game still crashes after the long time after release. My hardware and drivers are up to date. Graphics card is a 2070 S. When will this be fixed?