PDA

View Full Version : DLC not unlocking + game crashing at start-up

AndromedaUltima
04-17-2019, 01:32 AM
So a bit of background info:
Playing on Win 10. The game (standard edition) was purchased through Uplay and the DLC (Route 66 standalone DLC purchase, not the season pass) was bought on greenmangaming and redeemed via Uplay. The DLC is listed as owned. Since I purchased it though, the game has been crashing on start-up 9 out of 10 times. When the game does launch, the DLC is not accessible and hitting X or Enter for details on the Route 66 icon leads back to the store where I'm being asked to buy the DLC again. Yesterday the game worked just fine. The DLC was bought today.

Things I have tried:
- disabled full screen optimization
- running as Admin (seems to be the only way I can get into the game - SOMETIMES!)
- disabling in-game overlay
- deleting the "Ghosts" folder from My Documents
- all drivers both GPU and Win are up to date
- verified game files
- uninstalled and reinstalled the game
- restarted Uplay dozens of times
- tried to complete some of the earlier levels to see if the DLC would trigger
- Asian novice league is completed. I'm level 80 with most of the tracks done

While I can get into the game and it seems to be running fine once I do, I cannot access the DLC no matter what. I can also not access the Ubisoft store from in-game.

It seems that the DLC has unlocked for many throughout the day. Nothing here though (US east coast). Is there anything else I can try? Should I wait for another patch?!

If I contact Ubi support they're probably going to suggest the same steps listed above, so I don't see the point of doing so...

Any tips are welcome!

SVD_NL
04-17-2019, 01:33 PM
quite a couple of players have had this issue (including me) for me they were fixed automatically.
does it still quit on startup? ive seen players fixing it with removing a folder called player data/ghosts or sth, might want to look through the forums if you can find the post in question.