PDA

View Full Version : ATI fix?

chaikanut
03-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Hello

Are there any news on fixing the corrupt textures from ATI?

chaikanut
03-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Hello

Are there any news on fixing the corrupt textures from ATI?

VW-IceFire
03-06-2005, 05:30 PM
I *touch wood* haven't gotten that problem yet with Cat 5.2s. I also did a total reformat and whatnot so I'm starting fresh...not sure if that helps.

LeadSpitter_
03-06-2005, 05:39 PM
it seems to be a AF AA problem icefire, are you using aa af and have no probs?

Seahawk89
03-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Now that I think about it, I have not got it since going to 5.2. About 2 weeks maybe? Running with AF and AA too. Shhh, don't let my video card know. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Cess-SGTRoc
03-06-2005, 10:13 PM
Guys I have only had the problem pop up once. And that was when I was not running AA, I am running AA now and I have the AI full also , and I am having no issues.
The only time I have had a blip is when a map changes on a dogfight server, and then it may make a bad image when the new one comes onlin. But I drop out and come back and it is gone. But I have seen this on my sons Nvidia card also.
Like you I am not so sure that the AA is what is causing it. My AA is set to 4 and the AF set to 16.
I am running a X800 PE XT with the 5.2 drivers and in Full real with no issues at all, and my frame rate on the low side setting on the runway is 38-48. In the air well I do not even check anymore.

chaikanut
03-07-2005, 04:57 AM
I have Fall blau and it pops up every time in the german missions. It is more frequent in other missions when alot of objects/ aircraft /changing textures like waves crashing on the shoreline and props are around. I hope ATI get their a$$es down and fix it, I paid a lot of money for their X800 card.

ddsflyer
03-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Solved the problem by using the Cat 4.11 atioglxx.dll in my IL2 folder. Also, don't use temporal AA, just normal AA. This is still a "known issue" with ATI cat 5.2 which is to say they haven't gotten sufficient complaints to force them to do anything about it yet.

Cess-SGTRoc
03-07-2005, 12:05 PM
All I can say is that I have put 5 X800's in 5 computers and have not had any issue with this problem.
I do not know what it is, but there has to be something that is being missed on the machines that are having this issue. Not to say it is not the driver, but is anyone running mem managers? or there special tweak program? Or had a reg crash or the sort. Are they disabling a service that may be needed? What I am saying is that this is not making sense.
Because there are a lot of users out here that are not having the problem with the same card and drivers and like me are running in perfect mode with all turned up in the .ini as far as it will go.
If you can you might pass around your DXdiag or any thing else that you might think off.and compare them with the ones that are running ok.
That way maybe we can see what the change is in between them.
That might be a first step in finding the issue.
I sent in to ATI the small issue I saw when the game changed maps. But that has only happend 2 times to me as I can remember.