PDA

View Full Version : Why always late war planes : what about an I-15bis, a new Lagg-3,..? -nt

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 04:54 PM
nt = No Text

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 04:54 PM
nt = No Text

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 04:56 PM
What, 3 LaGG-3's aren't enough already?

I/JG54^Lukas
He 162A-2 Cockpit Modeler

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 05:13 PM
Sorry, I got a problem with the text : I wanted to suggest that we may have more pleasure flying planes wich were not necessarily the best performers of the war :

- an I-15bis would be cool, even slower and more agile than the I-153.

- There were early Lagg-3 types (like the 1941 type we've got) with a Vya 23 mm cannon instead of the Shvak one (would be interresting : nearly as powerful but with a faster rate of fire and better ballistics than the german MK-108) or with three 12.7 mm MGs (the two we already have and a third instead of the Shvak gun).

- And I heard the I-16 tip 29 (with an UB and two Shkas MGs)was a real killer (more powerful, better equipment, good armament,..), and after all, if you are fans of the great aces, it was Golubyev's fighter.

- The He-112 was used by Romania and would probably be an interresting ride.

- And for early war CAS, the Hs-123 was a great plane for that role (it was used until Stalingrad and a little after, being finally grounded for lack of spare parts).

- Finally, is there no american fan dreaming of a P-40B or C Tomahawk ?

I wonder if instead of always asking for a new Fw-190, a Mustang or a late Yak type, we could think about more funny (or more challenging) rides.

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 05:14 PM
No there is really a need for the flyable early war planes like I-15bis, early I-16 (type 10), CR 42, Fokker XXI, IAR 80, He-112 this would made very lovely 1939-40 servers.

With addition of early Bf109 b and c , CR32 and I-15 - we could fly Spanish Civil War....

With addition of I-95, I-96, I-97 - may be even Halkin-Gol ssenarios...

AKA_Bogun

---------------
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

- Tom Clancy

---------------
Ilsa: "That was the day the Germans marched into Paris."
Rick: "Not an easy day to forget. The Germans wore grey, you wore blue."
Ilsa: "Yes. I have put that dress away. When the Germans march out, I'll wear that dress again."

- Casablanca, 1942

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 05:17 PM
JG54_Lukas wrote:
- What, 3 LaGG-3's aren't enough already?
-

Well, I really like this one.

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 05:17 PM
nicli wrote:
-
-- There were early Lagg-3 types (like the 1941 type we've got) with a Vya 23 mm cannon instead of the Shvak one (would be interresting : nearly as powerful but with a faster rate of fire and better ballistics than the german MK-108) or with three 12.7 mm MGs (the two we already have and a third instead of the Shvak gun).

Ah, I see what you mean by the LaGG's. I'd forgotten there was so many weapon variants for that plane.

I/JG54^Lukas
He 162A-2 Cockpit Modeler

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 05:32 PM
Russia had many obsolete planes in use at the start of the Operation Barbarossa so it is not unreasonable to have them... some other day.

Personally, I like the older planes. I like to just fly them around and look at them. There were desperate days in the beginning of the East Front war when Ishaks were used to intercept bombers and ended up with the Taran Maneuver. And there were other uses to which the old planes were put including the Night Witches attacks. My favorite is coming up, the TB carrying I-16's for historic operational launches in the Zveno style... enabled I-16's to carry 250kg bombs.

Neal

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 05:33 PM
I agree. I find the early war planes much more interesting.

<center>
http://members.verizon.net/~vze2cb22/KosSig.gif

America: #1 military...#15 in literacy...
Because right wingers run our military
and leftists run our schools!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </center>

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 09:05 PM
JG54_Lukas wrote:
- Ah, I see what you mean by the LaGG's. I'd forgotten
- there was so many weapon variants for that plane.
-

In fact, many russian planes were completed with another armament than the one originally projected for the design.

Another case is the Yak-9T's one : several hundreds of these were completed with a Vya gun because there was not enough NS-37s available for all the factories producing it.

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 09:49 PM
My favorite to kick around in is the Polish P11c.

The high altitude grafix/fm of FB argue against late WAR planes. Chill, they say the Gladiator and Cr~42 are coming.

Even better, Oleg should have provided at least one flyable trainer for Germany and USSR sides.

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 11:54 PM
The Hs-123 would be a good idea. It was used quite extensively for ground attack well into the war and figured in some of the campaigns in FB. In fact I was just reading about a SchlachtGeschwader based at Dugino (north of Vyazma, found on the Moscow map) that flew the 123 and then later were transferred out and converted to the Hs-129.

I would love to have it as an AI to add to the early-war missions, and I'm sure some of those who fly Luftwaffe would like to have it as a flyable.

However, realistically, I don't think there's a very high chance of getting it. It's not very well known and for that matter I don't even know if there are any surviving examples from which to get cockpit information.

I think there is interest in early-war planes, and some work is being done to provide them. The Fiat cockpit apparently is almost done, and the Curtiss Hawk seems to be coming along; that's a couple of early-war models. And then there's the Gladiator, maybe the one plane that would get me to lay down cash for an add-on.

And I think somebody's working on a cockpit for the Morane. So clearly there is interest in this area. Maybe some of these days somebody will do the ones you want too.

XyZspineZyX
06-20-2003, 01:41 AM
EARLY WAR PLANES RULE!!!!!!!!! WE ALWAYS NEED MORE

HONK HONK HONK - TheGoose

XyZspineZyX
06-21-2003, 01:10 AM
The Hs-123 would be a great addition, and a blast to fly I'm sure.

Would love Khalkin Gol... but it will be kinda hard without the Ki-27.

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 04:04 AM
Also, Hs-123 is a good one for the Spanish Civil War fans.
EDIT: I see Bogun has already listed some SCW planes so I won't repeat them here.

There was an official thread about including the Hs-129 that I found from last year:

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view.asp?name=Olegmaddoxreadyroom&id=zypkc

<center>http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/images/mash_henry_blake.jpg (http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/)</center>

Message Edited on 06/22/0303:06AM by rbstr44

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 05:01 AM
should be in the GD area

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 12:38 PM
But in the game are interesant planes,why can´t we fly with them Su-2;R-10.They both are "sturmoviks"

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 06:24 PM
palosk2001 wrote:
- But in the game are interesant planes,why can´t we
- fly with them Su-2;R-10.They both are "sturmoviks"
-
Sure, Su-2 would be be very interresting to fly as it saw widespread combat until 1943. In fact, it wasn't a shturmovik, but rather a light bomber, as it was almost only used for horizontal bombing rather than attack missions.

For the R-10, I don't know, did it see action past the first weeks of the conflict, AFAIK, it wasn't used anymore as early as in january 1942 ?

But, for early war shturmovik missions, I'm still dreaming of an I-15bis loaded with light bombs or rockets as they were widely used until mid-1942 at least (and with this one we would be able to virtually shoot down Franz Eckerle in the same conditions as when he was really downed).

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 06:45 PM
I agree. Wee need more crap planes. Bring them on!
(I'm working on it... but I wish I had more spare time).

The HS-123 was started by Oberon but he got distracted making addons for OFP. I think he's too busy now at work anyway. It's the one plane I'd love to pick up if I ever finish these cockpits... (which could take 10 years at this speed, oh dear). Although I've been buying lots of stuff on the Lysander for a future model (for next-gen IL2 or personal stuff. Who knows).

The Chato (I-15) would be an excellent addition to the game. In fact it was my other choice before making the Gladiator, but there was a bit of a missunderstanding as I was told Oleg's team was making it, when in fact they were working on the Chaika... But hey! I'm happy now to have chosen the Glad anyway.

Anyone knows if the Chato's cockpit is very different of the Chaika's? Maybe it'd be possible to update it quickly if an external models turns up...

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/haddock/sig/glad_01.jpg

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 12:57 AM
A *bump* for the underdog planes (at least when they have to compete with later war types for inclusion in the sim). /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<center>http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/images/mash_henry_blake.jpg (http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/)</center>

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 02:57 AM
They should make the storch flyable, and let you fly shotgun wiht a luger. It could be kinda like a gunner position/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

--lbhkilla--

http://lbhskier37.freeservers.com/FW190.jpg .

"Ich bin ein Wuergerwhiner"

"We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
When Erwin Rommel that British fighter-bombers had shot up my tanks with 40mm shells, the Hermann G¶ring who felt himself touched by this, said: "That's completely impossible. The Americans only know how to make razor blades." and the above was Rommels reply.

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 05:17 AM
lbhskier37 ::
---They should make the storch flyable,

Storch and Po~2, for flight simmer training purposes.

The Polish P11c is my favorite to kick around in at low level--Sweet, Slow, and Sexy.

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 03:53 PM
LEXX_Luthor wrote:
- lbhskier37 ::
----They should make the storch flyable,
-
- Storch and Po~2, for flight simmer training
- purposes.
-

And (at least for the Po-2, even if I think some Storchs were also used for Nachtslacht) for night bombing purpose (these little animals were still a problem for the USAF in Korea : didn't do much damage, but they were quite hard to catch).

I think someone was modelling the Po-2, but it's been long since I last saw an update for this one on Il-2 Center.

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 12:15 AM
Captain Haddock.............the Gladiator rules!!!!!!!!!! do you know wether it will make the 1st aircraft addon??

HONK HONK HONK - TheGoose

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 03:25 AM
Blind_Joe_Death wrote:
- The Hs-123 would be a good idea. It was used quite
- extensively for ground attack well into the war and
- figured in some of the campaigns in FB. In fact I
- was just reading about a SchlachtGeschwader based at
- Dugino (north of Vyazma, found on the Moscow map)
- that flew the 123 and then later were transferred
- out and converted to the Hs-129.
-
- I would love to have it as an AI to add to the
- early-war missions, and I'm sure some of those who
- fly Luftwaffe would like to have it as a flyable.
-
- However, realistically, I don't think there's a very
- high chance of getting it. It's not very well known
- and for that matter I don't even know if there are
- any surviving examples from which to get cockpit
- information.
-
- I think there is interest in early-war planes, and
- some work is being done to provide them. The Fiat
- cockpit apparently is almost done, and the Curtiss
- Hawk seems to be coming along; that's a couple of
- early-war models. And then there's the Gladiator,
- maybe the one plane that would get me to lay down
- cash for an add-on.
-
- And I think somebody's working on a cockpit for the
- Morane. So clearly there is interest in this area.
- Maybe some of these days somebody will do the ones
- you want too.
-
I like that message so I am bump it to try get Hs-129's cockpit model soon as possible as same with hs-123. Cheers!

Regards
SnowLeopard