PDA

View Full Version : 3.02m

Bearcat99
11-28-2004, 11:37 AM
Well I have had the chance to run a ferw after finally getting it in right... (DUHHHHH thats what instructions are for http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif). So far I like the FMs. The Mustang seems to be a tad less responsive but it isnt a show stopper... it seems that the 50 cals are very much convergence dependent now. For max puch hit at convergence. I have had a few 1 second bursts stop inline engines..... ripped wings of with sustained bursts..... I have yet to have my wi gs fall off... althoiugh i am sure it can still happen. The roll rate seems a bit slower. The Jug is still good.. Roll rates seem a bit reduced.. I dont know how accurate that is or not but.... I notice too that there are changes to the gunsight toggles too as far as going from pit to no pit. All in all though I like it.

Bearcat99
11-28-2004, 11:37 AM
Well I have had the chance to run a ferw after finally getting it in right... (DUHHHHH thats what instructions are for http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif). So far I like the FMs. The Mustang seems to be a tad less responsive but it isnt a show stopper... it seems that the 50 cals are very much convergence dependent now. For max puch hit at convergence. I have had a few 1 second bursts stop inline engines..... ripped wings of with sustained bursts..... I have yet to have my wi gs fall off... althoiugh i am sure it can still happen. The roll rate seems a bit slower. The Jug is still good.. Roll rates seem a bit reduced.. I dont know how accurate that is or not but.... I notice too that there are changes to the gunsight toggles too as far as going from pit to no pit. All in all though I like it.

carguy_
11-28-2004, 04:20 PM
Just a side note to anyone who thinks high G wingsnap is P51 reserved.I snapped my wing in FW190A9 while dumping energy@650kph so watch out FW jocks.

VW-IceFire
11-28-2004, 04:21 PM
Yep about spot on. Mustang handles with a little less pizzaz than it used to but I think thats alright. I put together a mission that has 8 veteran P-51D's run into 12 rookie Ki-84's with 1 Ace 84 and the merge happens around 5000 meters. In that realm, the Mustang group was nearly untouched. Just boom and zoom and the plane still responds very rapidly in higher speed manuvers. In particular, it behaves magnificently above 400kph IAS. This is also with a 3/4ths full tank. Its still pretty good at 1/4th left.

SeaFireLIV
11-28-2004, 05:00 PM
only just got back to my PC. Was confused with all the patches in one go, but finally got the right ones installed.

Now to see what`s what!

What!

F0_Dark_P
11-28-2004, 05:06 PM
yes the roll rates seem a bit reduced, the G-2 felt a little slower when i flew earlier today http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif but it is not a big deal

Bsnakeman
11-28-2004, 05:46 PM
Hey Simjock, salute ! How it´s going ?!
Man, why don´t you see the brigth side of it all ?!Although the sim may not fully please you how about what pleases you when in the game ? Buddy, we have the best WWII fligth sim ever and is just getting better all the time even with delays, problems, etc...
Have fun ! I´m having !
Best,

Simjock
11-28-2004, 05:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bsnakeman:
Hey Simjock, salute ! How it´s going ?!
Man, why don´t you see the brigth side of it all ?!Although the sim may not fully please you how about what pleases you when in the game ? Buddy, we have the best WWII fligth sim ever and is just getting better all the time even with delays, problems, etc...
Have fun ! I´m having !
Best, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't argue there. If you want a good WWII flight game IL2 is it.
Its just sad to see the mods constantly making excuses for bad buisness moves. It's kind of insulting.
"Here's you copy, gimmie your money, now shut up and enjoy it!"

I bought a product for its advertised features, and those features are non existanct. So I want my product fixed, I don't want excuses.

I see my original post was deleted. Once again, the critic censors are out.

LeadSpitter_
11-28-2004, 06:02 PM
they also made the p51 overheat much quicker which im not liking at all in 3.02bm in 3.01m i thought it was done excellent the mustang, it was no turn fighter but great if bnzed properly it still could not catch a dora which is correct but not 190a at 3000m and below which is not correct compaired to the 190a8 9 speeds vs p51d data charts at those altitudes. Same with p38j according to the data charts i have vs 190a8 and 109g6

in game im able to achieve 590kmph in the a9 and g6 560-70 with no overheat.

mustang 540 now but with overheat after a few seconds in 3.01 i was able to achieve 560 at 3000m with no overheat 105 trottle and rad 6 but not anymore.

i did not get to check many aircraft in 3.02bm but many seem different then listed in the readme the p40b series p39 p400 hellcat and corsair. My main concern is online not being able to shoot aaa halftracks with .50 cal in 6 passes I also do not like the shortened ground draw distance but i guess the big dots air to air effect ground item draw distances as well.

Also the 190 should roll slower then the p47 highspeed past 580kmph but low speed it should be able to out turn fight a jug easily one which doesnt seem the case in 3.01 or 3.02bm.

Same with the ki43 and zero highspeed handling vs usn aircraft which were more manueverable high speed but not low speed just in roll.

they will probally change next patch again so for now its not worth getting mad over. I just really wish they would make thorough lists of all changes they make.

5001 posts do i get a hat or pf tshirt?

TheGozr
11-28-2004, 06:05 PM
many planes were great in 3.1m
i wish that when they change a plane setting not to change the whole thing.
and write in the readme file what planes exactly did they changed.

SeaFireLIV
11-28-2004, 06:12 PM
Didn`t Oleg and the crew say that changing certain FMs can sometimes affect EVERY aircraft in the sim in a slight way? Perhaps it`s very difficult to alter one without slightly altering another...

Anyway, I don`t worry about FMs as long as it`s not arcadish. I let you guys do that.

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
11-28-2004, 06:23 PM
Hmm I was trying to make this point in Hyperlobby yesterday (fruitless effort but for some reason I gave it a try). Yes one thing that all these aircraft share is the same game engine and if changes are made to that (for better or worse) then it will inevitably have a knock on effect through out the game and in some cases the fm. The thing I notice now wich makes me chuckle is people are now starting to say that they wish he wouldn't patch it anymore or as often and that they wish he would just leave things alone.

Interesting turn of events and yet we still see the endless Oleg this Oleg that threads regarding this or that plane.

Life ...aint it great http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

TheGozr
11-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Like in everything It must have a positive and a negative.
To do a great product the critics is a must.

So all peoples whining wich can come with good datas Must whin and it's good. life is great but some time it suck as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

HayateAce
11-28-2004, 06:53 PM
The Mustang was clipped too much. It is no longer a match for any 109 in any situation.

Oh well.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

VMF-451_Yankee
11-28-2004, 09:12 PM
any idea when the final patches will come out?

3.JG51_BigBear
11-28-2004, 09:50 PM
I really like the direction the Mustang is going. Its still a top notch boom and zoomer and it seems to match much up more with pilot reports. A lot of the planes are starting to feel much more realistic, some small performance issues here and there but overall the FMs seem to have been given a definite upgrade in the last two patches.

Hunde_3.JG51
11-28-2004, 10:50 PM
Thanks Leadspitter, I did speed tests under Oleg's conditions and found very interesting results:

at SL:

P-51D: 591km/h
FW-190A-8: 589km/h
FW-190A-9: 597km/h

Now look at 3,000m

P-51D: 660km/h (that is approx 409 mph!)
FW-190A9: 603km/h
FW-190A8: 573km/h !!!!!

Obviously this must be some kind of bug, FW-190 speeds seem to have real problems. I can't see that the A-8 is only supposed to do 573km/h at 3,000m, before it would do about 605km/h (down 32km/h), the A-9 about 608 (down 5km/h).

All test Crimea, noon, over water, rad closed, 100% fuel, default loadout, auto prop-pitch, no-cockpit (TAS).

I have tracks as well, be sure http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif.

karost
11-28-2004, 11:18 PM
thanks all friends for update info about this new patch ~S

for me I don't have any correct history FM's data for each planes so only one thing that I can fix is my skill improvement.

now seem flying the Mustang look more fair http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

S!

Copperhead310th
11-28-2004, 11:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
My main concern is online not being able to shoot aaa halftracks with .50 cal in 6 passes I also do not like the shortened ground draw distance but i guess the big dots air to air effect ground item draw distances as well.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better check again lead. those half tracks are now UNDESTROYABLE period. 4 p-38's attacking 8 tanks and 2 halftrack AA's on a road. we droped all of our ordance on them. made 6 runs on 1 target. Conclution: all German tanks destroyed...but those half tracks were still there. Direct hit's with hvar's had no affect. 1000lbr's .....not a dent. and we were't missing. i've attaked the same dam target on the same dam map repeatadly now for several days and always the same result. tanks destroyed but the AA halftracks were untuched even by direct hit's with ground ordanance.

Herr_Rausch
11-29-2004, 12:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F0_Dark_P:
yes the roll rates seem a bit reduced, the G-2 felt a little slower when i flew earlier today http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif but it is not a big deal <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The side slip works very well now. I like the way it bleeds off speed and sinks as you cross control.

TheGozr
11-29-2004, 02:39 AM
3.02Bm

jurinko
11-29-2004, 02:53 AM
i flew p400 in Guadalcanal online map and it felt exactly like pilots remember it - a p-40 with a zero on its tail. without alt advantage it is worthless. the climb is poor as shoud be.

Bearcat99
11-29-2004, 10:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HayateAce:
The Mustang was clipped too much. It is no longer a match for any 109 in any situation.
Oh well.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although I enjoy several other birds the pony is and always will be my mount of choice. I think this Pony is excellent. Its all in the handling. I have no problems with 109s.... it all depends on the pilot.

VW-IceFire
11-29-2004, 01:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bearcat99:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HayateAce:
Oh well.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although I enjoy several other birds the pony is and always will be my mount of choice. I think this Pony is excellent. Its all in the handling. I have no problems with 109s.... it all depends on the pilot. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep...still tons of Pony ownage going on. She's still fast, manuverable, dives like a ton of bricks, and at high speeds has a fantastic roll rate that gives her lots of opportunities to reverse on the opponent. The 109's and 190's are a good match for her but its a real pleasure to fly this plane.