PDA

View Full Version : [AC3 R] Is there any point in synchronising tree top viewpoints?

Si_W
04-13-2019, 07:17 PM
Seriously, I've died more times so far accidently jumping out of a tree than I have in combat.

And I can't see any real benefit in actually synchronising viewpoints in this game...

AnimusLover
04-13-2019, 08:26 PM
You'll get used to instinctively knowing where the haystacks are eventually. Had a few embarrassing moments like that at first. Think it's because I've played Odyssey for so long where the haystack is virtually always in front of the character and jumping automatically lands you in it ;)

The benefits are that they're part of the frontiersman club which is part of the 100% sync which is part of the platinum...
They also reveal areas on the map so that you don't have to run around too much revealing them yourself (although you will have to if you want to find some hidden stuff).

Si_W
04-13-2019, 09:14 PM
I'm not actually talking about the haystacks though, I'm talking about jumping out of the tree (without meaning to) before synchronising.

I've no problem with dying after that.

AnimusLover
04-13-2019, 09:26 PM
hmm haven't experienced that myself. To jump you need to action that yourself, just don't press trigger and X (A on Xbox).

Like I said, they reveal stuff on the map and if you're a completionist you will need to do them.

Ubi-RealDude
04-14-2019, 09:16 PM
You'll get used to instinctively knowing where the haystacks are eventually. Had a few embarrassing moments like that at first. Think it's because I've played Odyssey for so long where the haystack is virtually always in front of the character and jumping automatically lands you in it ;)

The benefits are that they're part of the frontiersman club which is part of the 100% sync which is part of the platinum...
They also reveal areas on the map so that you don't have to run around too much revealing them yourself (although you will have to if you want to find some hidden stuff).

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for the solid answer!