PDA

View Full Version : Who would like a death sequence for the submarine?

Firedragon1717
03-19-2005, 01:13 AM

Firedragon1717
03-19-2005, 01:13 AM

Mon Pavion
03-19-2005, 02:40 AM
I agree

lysergic
03-19-2005, 02:47 AM
I totally agree. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

OKane77
03-19-2005, 03:59 AM
you know what would rock is instead of the mission ending when one of the compartments are desroyed or the hull reaches 0% instead of jest ending it lets you keep going of coarse eather way youre going down (the amount of water from a comnpartment that was destroyed would make it impossible to recover) then as the boat goes past the crush depth you will get all the animation from that (if you have not yet taken your boat to deep its scary) then when you go off the gauge CRUSH! play the death seq (the sub bieng crumpled like a tin can
If you hit bottom? then play another death seq (i would imagine the sub laying on the bottom coverd in sand with fish swiming in and out of a big hole in its side)

Well thats just my pipe dream but the very abrupt mission over sucks there have been times when the last thing ive heard was depth charges in the water then a sudden mission over screen DOH! it would be nice to ride her down to the end. but this game is awsome and this is just a small quible maybe for SH4 though eh?

Axel40
03-19-2005, 04:50 AM
Ohh, never saw this thread and said pretty much the same in the review thread (from IGN) it's just to abrupt an ending the way it is now.

Maybe they was worried about a rating (in UK it's 7+)

I don't know, but maybe the sub imploding and the screaming of men in their final death throes was just to much and would have put that rating up?

No big deal at the end of the day, just be a nice addition to a great sim.

Axel

Yskonyn23
03-19-2005, 05:00 AM
Indeed not a big deal, but the game is quite cinematic, so a proper cinematic experience for your own ship when its destroyed would be cool.
As far as rating goes, it doesn't have to be one with gore and all... Shooting at Allied ships isn't something to be proud of either! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BenvZijl
03-19-2005, 05:07 AM
yeah i would love to see one, maybe if we can get some modding tools we can add stuff like this

fallenlord1969
03-19-2005, 06:06 AM
It would be a nice touch. SH2 was the same way, instant mission failed screen. Jane's 688i hunter-killer had a great death sequence where it would switch to the 3-d view of your sub going down and you could hear the cries of your crew and the ship filling with water.

RedTerex
03-19-2005, 07:20 AM
I have to agree that SH3 is a tad too much sanitised for the playing masses who can diferentiate betwix real life and PC Game.

Still we must keep the censors happy. A 7+ grade will sell to a larger audience too.

A simple u-boat sinking to the bottom with no other effects could be a satisfactory "death scene "

Philipscdrw
03-19-2005, 06:41 PM
I would be happy with a simple external view when the sub is destroyed. I just drove a sub down to 200m to see what would happen, and the lights went out, bulbs broke, water sprayed, then the front two compartments did something catastrophic - I heard the message 'Men are down on deck' or something similar, went to the crew management page just in time to see a mass of red over the bows of the sub, then the 'Mission failed' screen came up, with a destroyer on the horizon. Actually seeing an external view of the crippled sub would be much more immersive - I don't want death screams or any changes to the 3d of the interior (because that would take far too much work) but just an external view.

dagamecat
03-19-2005, 06:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Philipscdrw:
I would be happy with a simple external view when the sub is destroyed. I just drove a sub down to 200m to see what would happen, and the lights went out, bulbs broke, water sprayed, then the front two compartments did something catastrophic - I heard the message 'Men are down on deck' or something similar, went to the crew management page just in time to see a mass of red over the bows of the sub, then the 'Mission failed' screen came up, with a destroyer on the horizon. Actually seeing an external view of the crippled sub would be much more immersive - I don't want death screams or any changes to the 3d of the interior (because that would take far too much work) but just an external view. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

totally agree.

maybe some huge air bubbles coming from the boat, then it sinks into the depths.

has to be better than pressing F7, seeing the damage screen with some yellow and red for half a second, then game over.

BoneDaddy1844
03-19-2005, 06:48 PM
I commented on this in an earlier thread.

The current death scene is atrocious. All of a sudden the action freezes and you get a mundane statistics screen? They should have put a big old "GAME OVER!" graphic on the screen if they wanted to rip you out of the simulation.

Add this to the ever-increasing heap of things that need fixing...

Kejotikk
03-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Agreed 100%.

SH2 had a horrible game over screen but even that is better than the one we have in SH3.

Nieldo
03-19-2005, 08:25 PM
agree'd

First time I went to crush depth:

Giggly at the sound effects, passing 200, lights crack and gauges seem to crack in sequence :P

220meters and im thinking, okay whens this going to get started?

240meters and mission over screen :/

bigwheel99
03-19-2005, 08:46 PM
I agree it's missing somthing. Another possibility that might satisfy everyone is a scene in which the crew does an emergency blow to the surface and they abandon the sub onto rafts just before it sinks to the bottom. but I would still like to see the camera follow the sub down.

marauderiv
03-19-2005, 10:48 PM
Not every sub ends up in the same way. Some got their bridges blown up, some got their bulkhead crushed. A satisfactory screen would be the depth meter drop all the way and the command room gradually turns dark (or red), then completely dark with a letter of condolence sent to our next kin by Adm. Doenitz. This should apply to all. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SubSerpent
03-20-2005, 10:03 AM
How about a death sequence similar to that of the latest Hitman series. You hear yelling from the crew who are panicing frantically and the sound of the sub is violently popping and cracking and water is bursting from the piping like crazy and then an ever so peaceful white screen begins to blend over the screen through the Captains eyes and visions and the noises from the sub and the screaming from the doomed cremen become ever so faint like a distant memory. Then the game over screen and statics could pop up.

HeibgesU999
03-20-2005, 10:10 AM
I voted no.

You never see the one that gets you.

SubZeroCo
03-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Sounds good but would wonder what they would do for diveing to deep and geting crush since no one knows what realy happens : / Wonder Why...

STEFOSTEF_FRANC
03-20-2005, 04:06 PM
i voted No, I don't want to watch my sub sink
because when you're dead you can't see after your death

Frederf220
03-20-2005, 05:37 PM
For a version of player death, host a multigame and immediately quit when afloat and go into observer. Black smoke comes out and you sink to the depths then disappear. That's the multiplayer death sequence.

Monkeywho
03-20-2005, 06:42 PM
I think if we get to see other ships, i.e. the ones we sink, via the event camera then we should at least see our own sub sink.

Just my opinion.

Peace,

Reaves_42
03-20-2005, 07:04 PM
External view for death sequence is a must. Those who don't like it should be able to press space bar to skip it.

noshens
03-20-2005, 08:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by STEFOSTEF_FRANC:
i voted No, I don't want to watch my sub sink
because when you're dead you can't see after your death <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you know? Have you had a near death experience? I actually heard people who lived through the near death experience that they, in fact, could see.

Indianer.
03-25-2005, 08:49 AM
I have just finished a fantastic game. I was depth charged for almost an hour taking my boat to the limits sustaining damage and managing to repair or pump out the water which had flooded my boot.

i had probably 3 DDs on me (playing 100% so couldnt see exactly) dropping depthcharges when i tried to go to 180m. A crew member told me we were at critical depth, then.....finished....What!?! i almost cried http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

i cant believe that. Surely there could be more to it than that. I remember the same from SH2 and was sorely disappointed then.

please could we have some sort of death sequence for the next patch as this was a complete let down IMO.

at least lets have one of the damage control team give you more warnings as to the state of the ship.

BTW can we abandon ship? i think that should be included so that when we blow ballast and surface the crew cann attempt to leave the ship before it sinks.

My only real gripe BTW http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

aquasal
03-25-2005, 09:09 AM
yup a def let down after 4/5 hr patrol and then you get into trouble ect.. and it ends in such quick way!

foxhound01
03-25-2005, 09:12 AM
Well I would like to see something added to the end aswell (everyone likes to look at good looking stuff) but when I read all your post I wonder......
You all want realism, if something is wrong people jump in the forum to tell there is one more bug which needs to be fixed. And they add it to the long list of supposed bugs.

Well IMHO you are now asking for many more "bugs" cause what sequence would you like to see in shallow water? Sinking for 5 minutes to the bottom of the ocean?
What sequence would you like to see when you are blown into pieces when you are surfaced?
What would you want to see when you are being DC'ed to death when already close to the sea floor at lets say 135?
etc etc etc etc

I bet, once people get killed in a certain way and the death sequence starts playing they say....what the hell, I found a bug, the sinking is not realistic.

If you would want to implement something that even makes different death sequences possible you might need an extra DVD, for some connections it would be impossible to download it.

spec24
03-25-2005, 09:47 AM
it's like the death screen was made by a seperate development team - it just doesn't make sense compared to the little details that they DID put in the game.

DerKomet
03-25-2005, 09:50 AM
I think Operation Flashpoint has the most realistic death experience on multiplayer, when u die, you reencarnate in a sea gull, and control it in the skies to keep watching the action below, cute huh? xD

Maybe you could choose to encarnate in a tuna fish or a seagull in SH3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

flankerbiotch
03-25-2005, 10:50 AM
Here are the main things I'd like to see in a patch:

1. Ships in ports
2. External death scene (it's already in there, all they have to do is show it to us!)
3. Rain bug fixed

That's about it! :&gt;

Indianer.
03-25-2005, 11:13 AM
they could use the same type of observer situation that is used in multiplayer. That would do.

Dominicrigg
03-25-2005, 12:20 PM
I wouldnt mind even if the game paused the same, but let you roam around with the free cam. That way you could look at the final situation, it would be interesting.

That said if it carried on like sturmovik that would be immense. Allowing you to watch a few minutes afterwards.

But programming in a free view in the ending would be easy because it already pauses the scene and moves around the boat outside. Not much work involved!

TASKFORCE1x1
03-26-2005, 07:33 AM
What about these 3 guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

If they could do that to DD men. I think lifeboats are in order. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Taskforce1x1/guys3.jpg

Kpt_Zig
03-26-2005, 07:53 AM
I totally agree. The current solution is a real immersion-killer. I'd at least like to see water rising up in the compartments, or an external view of the sub dying in the case of catastrophic destruction.

BaneSixEcho
03-26-2005, 08:24 AM
I had my first experience with this last night.

A couple of planes came out of nowhere and bombed me before I could dive. I ordered a crash dive and then went to the damage control screen. 48% hull integrity with minor damage to three compartments so I started organizing a damage control team. **I heard a pipe break and water coming into the control room. Switch to the command room and I see my CE getting drenched. I pressed 'A' to mantain depth.**

Boom. We're all dead. The time between the ** above was maybe three seconds.