PDA

View Full Version : (Settlers III) 3 Gods Campaign: mission III The Egyptians

poetje1337
04-13-2019, 04:04 PM
Hello everyone,

I am currently playing the 3 gods campaign in Settlers III but I need some help with mission III The Egyptians.

In the mission they advise to quickly get carriers and soldiers over to the southwestern colony.

Moving all pioneers by land gets them killed unfortunately because there are bowmen in the towers.

With boats I managed to get my carriers to the western colony but they attacked me with a big group of women before even building my first mine. Don't think I can produce soldiers in time in this way.

Any tips from people who actually finished this map would be welcome!

Unfortunately there wasn't a youtube video of this mission.

Cyncynat888
04-15-2020, 06:57 PM
Hello there!

I know it has been a while since you posted it but perhaps someone can still find it useful.

I have tried this mission several times in a more traditional way and always got destroyed. There is one trick I used to get more time and establish a working economy.

Keep one tower in each settlement - preferably far away from the where your enemy is coming. When you see an army approaching your base, wait until the soldiers come quite close to the tower, destroy it and immediately start building a new one. The enemy will return to their base and most likely attack our second settlement. When their army approaches the other base, do the same thing - destroy the tower and immediately start building a new one.

If you are persistent, you can do it for two hours. I decided to use that time to establish a strong economy and build a wall made of two castles and 8 large towers. With that sort of defence, the enemy has no chance to win.

I hope that helped a bit.

Best Regards

Jakub