PDA

View Full Version : R6V Pro Gaming League

Tom_Anger
02-06-2007, 01:50 AM
PRO GAMING LEAGUES (http://r6-vegas.pro-gamingleagues.com) is starting to support R6V for fun matches, scrimmages, and tournaments.

Off the main site are forums that will aid in team communication. Recruiting forums, Free Agent Forums, match communications and more.

We need player feedback to help us finalize the match specifications to what the majority would like to see. Some links on the site may take you to GRAW links (we are working on the R6V pages) so this is a work in progress.

We understand there are still some server admin issues, but we would like to get this completed soon so that the league gaming can begin.

Please consider creating a team and getting a login account at the main site and forums. Thanks for your time.

LiberNull
02-06-2007, 03:22 AM
Too bad R6V aint worth playing atm... especially cw's.

Tom_Anger
02-06-2007, 03:33 AM
Agreed to a point. It is worth playing so give it a little time. Other than complaints of crashing and not being able to change maps in-game, the other complaints were graphics (I may have missed a few others, but these are what I have seen most of).

At the very least our efforts will be helpful to get some teams to look for players, players to look for teams, and teams to get together on some nights if possible to run through some unofficial scrims.

We have a forum that we want to like to track for mainly matching concerns. Some issues can be fixed as work arounds to get a match in place or even a scrimmage, so if you would like to have some fun matches we will need your input at PGL to see what can be done at least on our end.

Keep reporting buggy issues at UBI, but to help us get matching and scrims please hit us up at

R6V Matching Concerns (http://forum.pro-gamingleagues.com/index.php/topic,767.0.html#new)

hoellenfeuer
02-06-2007, 04:53 PM
What... !? You are really offering a league for Rainbow Six: Vegas? Have you every played this game? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Tom_Anger
02-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Yes I have played and still play. As dissapointed as the next guy I also believe there is potential.

Trying to get some folks into some fun games against each other even if it is low key and unofficial isn't a total loss. A league site is one of the best ways to get folks in discussion about matches, scrimmages, etc. For now it is unofficial stuff until the serious issues are ironed out with the game.

Perseus_AWC
02-07-2007, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by Tom_Anger:
PRO GAMING LEAGUES (http://r6-vegas.pro-gamingleagues.com) is starting to support R6V for fun matches, scrimmages, and tournaments.

Off the main site are forums that will aid in team communication. Recruiting forums, Free Agent Forums, match communications and more.

We need player feedback to help us finalize the match specifications to what the majority would like to see. Some links on the site may take you to GRAW links (we are working on the R6V pages) so this is a work in progress.

We understand there are still some server admin issues, but we would like to get this completed soon so that the league gaming can begin.

Please consider creating a team and getting a login account at the main site and forums. Thanks for your time.

Dude,
How are you going to keep score?

Tom_Anger
02-07-2007, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the interest. It is obvious that there are some issues with the game for matching, but we are moving forward with an expectation that these problems will iron out.

Having said that please voice specific match concerns at the PGL R6V League Forums (http://forum.pro-gamingleagues.com/index.php?board=142.0). I am a tourney director and mouthpiece for the PGL owners so I have some knowledge, but the point structure is done by them. They can answer some specific questions better than I can at this time so we are using the forums to track that.

The links at PGL for R6V matching are currently under implementation (I emailed the site owner basic Rule-set & Match Setting specs a couple of hours ago), but I believe it will be a 3 step process to get a match recorded for points.

- 1 player gets the Match ID using the Generate Match ID link off the main site
- When the match is played the team that wins records the win in the "Report Battle" link.
- Then the losing team confirms and the results get officialy recorded.

If you are truly interested and have match specific concerns we are tracking them at the PGL R6V forums.

When some fixes are in place and the site has all the links working, a tourney will most likely start up for fun. We held a G.R.A.W. bracket tourney at the end of last year for fun which had 16 teams in an elimination style setting which was fun and a learning experience :-). It got many teams to stay in contact with each other as well.

Hopefully we can keep the discussion alive and finish this up soon, but the game does need some fixes bad. Have a great day.

GHOST_DesiX
02-07-2007, 06:09 AM
Tom_Anger

Good to see a positive attitude!

Hope your league has success and will check out your ideas for matching, although as others have mentioned there are major issues regarding match play.

Good luck!

MR_BBLACK
02-07-2007, 06:35 AM
game doesnt work .
league wont work.
UBI are morons.

Tom_Anger
02-07-2007, 06:53 AM
lol, Yup - not too many happy campers (not spawn campers eitehr, lol).

vU.Huddex
02-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Well until nUBI patches the game so we atleast can lock our servers there is no way a scrimage or a ladder can be played. But hey who knows, nUBI may fix that in patch ver 3.18, juli 2011.

buhbyyy
02-07-2007, 03:38 PM
I think a league is a great idea. Sure there are issues and challenges that need to be addressed, but they are manageable. I always enjoyed 1v1 or greater matches, so I hope that is or will be an option. I'll definitely check it out.